• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why actions like getting up and rolling, getting up and attacking and breakaways have such a strict window. They are already regulated by the defensive gauge, what would be lost by being able to hold a direction and a button and have the action come out when the character gets up?

Doing them online with lag is always a crapshoot.
Yep. It is extremely frustrating how sometimes I want to roll and it just doesn't come out, where my character decides to dance in place instead. I can get it consistently in practice mode, but it's different online and in live matches. With all sorts of different KD situations, I also don't get why the timing is so awkward.
I was looking though all the characters. Stuff seems kinda bland the more I look and play. I with there was more helmet options on the character that have them and more color scheme variations as well.
All of Cetrion's gear is great.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Cetrion seemingly has the most variety for costumes/gear compared to any other character. Jacqui has some decent choices too.

PalaceMidas

May 19, 2018
Poor, poor Cassie needs some outfit DLC. And not rubbish cosplay outfits, actual character outfits. I've unlocked about a million of those futuristic space suits and I'll never equip a single one. They're hideous.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
XeraYSK.png

Bruce Campbell all but confirmed Ash on an interview.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, I keep getting currency now in AI Battles. Takes like 6-7 wins before I get anything. They need to add a different way to use hearts. I already opened all the heart chests and they're basically useless currency now. There should be a way to convert souls or hearts to koins.

I'm fine with them leaving them useless. I'm sick of seeing fatalities after every single match.I don't want to sit through one after every match of a set.

I'd be happy if all the currency became useless sooner rather than later.

But first they need to fix the Krypt so you don't risk losing souls when opening something requiring souls. That and the shrine dupe glitch not being fixed. I have still yet to do anything in the Krypt after this patch actually breaking things more.

Fortunately, the May patch didn't have the Shang data from what I read, so there should be a patch coming within a week or so.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I tried to finish that duo Cetrion tower on PC with randoms but i swear ppl playing this game don't even know what they are doing. I tried maybe 5 times and only once, i repeat once other player used tag, they all just watch you die until it's their turn to play and then they die too, that's it. How stupid can people be?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with them leaving them useless. I'm sick of seeing fatalities after every single match.I don't want to sit through one after every match of a set.

I'd be happy if all the currency became useless sooner rather than later.

But first they need to fix the Krypt so you don't risk losing souls when opening something requiring souls. That and the shrine dupe glitch not being fixed. I have still yet to do anything in the Krypt after this patch actually breaking things more.

Fortunately, the May patch didn't have the Shang data from what I read, so there should be a patch coming within a week or so.

They should be useless when everything is unlocked but I only have like half things unlocked and I have been playing since launch. It'll become worse when DLC characters hit since it'll add more items to the pool. I have like 33k souls and 7.5k hearts and nothing really to spend them on.

The games unlock system is horribly unbalanced. I shouldn't be still getting hearts and souls now as AI rewards. But that's all I'm getting when I still have like half the skins on some characters to unlock. Don't get me on started on how horrible the shrine is. I got all 3 maskless now but that was after I spent like 21 million koins there. I was getting augments instead of gear for like every 5 75k pulls. I can now start spending my millions on skin pulls now since the gear pulls pool seem to be run out.

What I'm hoping they do in a later patch is start mixing the gear/skin pulls so you're at least always getting something. They only do that with the store right now. Hell throw in some artwork/icons into the AI battle/Shrine pulls. Add an extra repeat tower to Tower of Time that you can change on the fly with useless soul/heart currency or whatever else that repeats missed towers that you still need the unlocks for. Make the race against time unlocks better than what they give out now. Should be more than just one ??? Skin if it takes a whole week to do. Throw in some guaranteed unlocks that you need if you get top 5.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for one of these character reveals when they don't say "s/he's super fun to play!" instead they're like "idk, this character is kind of boring"

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
They're lucky he looks so cool.
Cause it started with "he's like Cetrion, heavy zoning" and this was me

tenor.gif

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
They call Shang Tsung a zoner like Cetrion, and I am not buying that one bit.
They're lucky he looks so cool.
Cause it started with "he's like Cetrion, heavy zoning" and this was me

tenor.gif
I was excited, then they actually showed how he played like and it was obvious they talked about him as "premier zoner" like they did Noob pre-release.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
It's very disappointing they do another round of male Ninja classic outfits while females doesnt have any good outfits.
Especially Jade outfits are utter trash to me.

Unrelated note but Cassie needs new skins asap jesus her mass effect rejects are very bad. What happened to cool costumes from MKX

PalaceMidas

May 19, 2018
Jade is the one female character that I think they absolutely nailed in terms of costume. I love Kitana's too, even if a few are very similar and far too many are tied to that terrible revenant skin tone.

PalaceMidas

May 19, 2018
Honestly, if this roster had Takeda and Kung Jin, and Mileena and Tanya, it would be a franchise highlight for me.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the changes I hope will come but know deep down, never will. Let me choose whether skins are revenant or normal.

Also let me choose what hair is attached to what skin.

I think the best we can hope for is for them to put in some mix and matched skins to pair certain outfits and hairstyles. Like some of Skarlet's that can't be used together currently.
Seems like a simple enough way to add some content. Even if it was a special tower or something to get people to check into the game.

PalaceMidas

May 19, 2018
I think the best we can hope for is for them to put in some mix and matched skins to pair certain outfits and hairstyles. Like some of Skarlet's that can't be used together currently.
Seems like a simple enough way to add some content. Even if it was a special tower or something to get people to check into the game.

Yeah, that would be great. They were clearly playing around with hair styles in the final months before release anyway. I might be wrong but this isn't even in the final version with the short hair style is it?

DxX7qbqV4AAc0mn.jpg

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely going to put time into ST. So happy he has the coat from the movie.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I've speared 52 bodies in the Krypt (says so in the stats) but the trophy hasn't popped, booooo!

I think the stats in general are off...for the record i got that one right at 50, but i didnt get the AI battles one when i hit 25 of them even though my stats said i had 25. Ended up unlocking after 3 more AI battles. So i suggest just keep spearing them and you should get it soon