• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I think Papa looks cool but they do say skin and gear sets come with each character so I think that means each one will have multiple skins right?

Yeah technically what comes with each DLC character is skin and gear for 3 different base characters (like Shang Tsung came with skin and gear for Sub-zero, Scorpion and Noob, while Nightwolf came with skin and gear for Jax, Kung Lao and Kano). There is also tons of skins and gear for the DLC characters, but for these you have to grind the Towers of Time (the game's main single player attraction).

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah technically what comes with each DLC character is skin and gear for 3 different base characters (like Shang Tsung came with skin and gear for Sub-zero, Scorpion and Noob, while Nightwolf came with skin and gear for Jax, Kung Lao and Kano). There is also tons of skins and gear for the DLC characters, but for these you have to grind the Towers of Time (the game's main single player attraction).

Shang Tsung came with movie skin which was a KP skin.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Proof that Ash William was supposed to be in Kombat Pack instead of Joker:

lltgnsdtduh31.jpg

F'ing bullshit.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Actually just thought, seeing as time travel and most of the characters have a current version and past version, if that works with guests too.

Terminator seems easy, Ash would be cool to have a young Ash v Old Ash. Not sure if any of the leaked dialogue supports this.

But with Joker looking wierdly young and clean I wonder if we are going to have a more grizzled and on the edge looking older variant.

Not sure how it would work with Spawn, not really familiar with him.

Also the tease for Kombat Pack 1 had a chainsaw at the end that we assumed was Ash's chainsaw along with the Terminator theme. Does that chainsaw apply to any of the characters now? Was it rendered pointless?

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
That strange 4 out of 6 announcement months ago is making a lot more sense now

As well as Joker's character model

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
I just hate that sindel has her revenant color. Thankfully this will be the last game with that stupid color palette

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Also the tease for Kombat Pack 1 had a chainsaw at the end that we assumed was Ash's chainsaw along with the Terminator theme. Does that chainsaw apply to any of the characters now? Was it rendered pointless?

Yes it's now pointless. That was an Ash tease no doubt. Just shows you the Joker-Ash switcheroo was last minute. God have mercy on any of the MK community managers and devs on social media. They now have to pretend their was no chainsaw/Ash tease for at least 7-8 months. Then they'll announce Ash as the first fighter in KP2. It's going to be crazy.

WB screwed them over hard.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yes it's now pointless. That was an Ash tease no doubt. Just shows you the Joker-Ash switcheroo was last minute. God have mercy on any of the MK community managers and devs on social media. They now have to pretend their was no chainsaw/Ash tease for at least 7-8 months. Then they'll announce Ash as the first fighter in KP2. It's going to be crazy.

WB screwed them over hard.

It may not be WB.

I think the plan was to have Ash released very late after the Evil Dead game comes out this year. (like a january release, matching Joker's)

But it seems the Evil Dead game is in a rough state and got delayed (there's only 4 months left and no trailer, not a good sign).

So that would mean they don't know when the game actually drops which means they can't release Ash after the game if he is part of KP 1 as they need fixed dates.

It's still messed up. And it's also possible they just gave up on the dude.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
Judging by the trailer, Terminator looks visually fantastic. I hope we get a Terminator 1 skin for him as well.
Like many others have said, Joker is pretty bad.
Spawn and Sindel look fine to me.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
More like Joker Cosplay.

Petty much. I don't think it's as bad as everyone is saying. It just looks like some average dude cosplaying. It's probably pretty accurate to the face model they got. I'd prefer his face to have a bit more angularity and/or character, like a Willem Dafoe type of look.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointment comes from expectations.

Did you really expect Fox would let Buffy get eviscerated and murdered 60 different ways ... ?

Injustice is your best bet.
Buffy fights demons and is part demon, she's at home in MK. She witnesses evicerations and dismemberments everyday.

But I might get that SMG might not approve.

Whatever, Tommy Oliver is a fucking Power Ranger and killed Scorpion

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Petty much. I don't think it's as bad as everyone is saying. It just looks like some average dude cosplaying. It's probably pretty accurate to the face model they got. I'd prefer his face to have a bit more angularity and/or character, like a Willem Dafoe type of look.
That's the issue. Joker is an iconic character with an identifiable look -- he's had a long, bony face (Dafoe-esque, like you said) in comics, animated series, and video games for many decades. DC really only deviates from that look when it comes to live action adaptations with recognizable actors, and I think that's what NRS is going for here, but the concept falls flat when the face model is a complete unknown. We're left with a babyfaced Joker that looks like a cheap cosplay.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
It may not be WB.

I think the plan was to have Ash released very late after the Evil Dead game comes out this year. (like a january release, matching Joker's)

But it seems the Evil Dead game is in a rough state and got delayed (there's only 4 months left and no trailer, not a good sign).

So that would mean they don't know when the game actually drops which means they can't release Ash after the game if he is part of KP 1 as they need fixed dates.

It's still messed up. And it's also possible they just gave up on the dude.

Was the Evil Dead Game not only confirmed once by Bruce in July of this year?

I have not heard of any release date or any other real info about that game. Or did I miss something?

I don't really think they dropped him completely.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
Well, looks like Sindel is still the only character I'm getting...
Something kind of minor that I'd like to see is a classic announcer voice. The current one is all deep and trying to be creepy, but the old one from MK2 and 3 was more soft and sinister which I liked. Pls NRS!

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WB really screwed over NRS. Boon even said that the fact there was no trailer was out of his control.

Ash was always supposed to be in KP1, the chainsaw sound was not just there to be a red herring. WB wants these to release around the time the movies are released to keep the marketing going. It really sucks because I was REALLY looking forward to Ash.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That T-800 model is damn good, completely on point, but man Joker looks super rough.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
WB really screwed over NRS. Boon even said that the fact there was no trailer was out of his control.

Ash was always supposed to be in KP1, the chainsaw sound was not just there to be a red herring. WB wants these to release around the time the movies are released to keep the marketing going. It really sucks because I was REALLY looking forward to Ash.

It's quite possible it wasn't actually WB, but issues with the IP holders for Ash, if for some reason they had last-minute concerns or wanted his release pushed back. Wouldn't WB have known about the Joker movie for quite some time and well before they actually released the trailer with the chainsaw sound? The Joker leaked long ago.

I'm leaning to it being 3rd party IP issues w/ Ash. I just don't think anyone can say it's this conclusively. I think it could be either.

Last edited:

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
Don't care too much about MK but I'm not gonna lie Arnie might be one of the coolest guest characters I've seen in any recent fighting game. Love how he was revealed, just perfect.

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
While I think this version of the Joker is kinda average, I really don't understand the hate he is getting.
Guess I'll wait for his actual gameplay to get the best look at him.

I really wan't Sheeva tho.

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
Buffy and Neo be better guest for Injustice than MK

Knowing NRS Joker gonna get a design change from the lash back, they usually good for that

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Buffy and Neo be better guest for Injustice than MK

Knowing NRS Joker gonna get a design change from the lash back, they usually good for that

Agreed on those two characters.

I wanted Spawn in Injustice, but his inclusion here has grown on me.

Hopefully Joker gets the same kind of face update Injustice 2 Aquaman got, except in the opposite way of attractiveness.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'd get Buffy for Injustice in a heartbeat but Injustice is also the series that I intend to like the guests more than the main roster anyway.

Dec 15, 2017
You know who would be a great character for MK? Roddy Piper from They Live. Not a fan of NRS using Injustice characters in MK and vice versa, seems lazy as fuck. Besides...The Joker? Too predictable. I would rather have an MK classic character like Kurtis Stryker. Hopefully we can have the T1000 in KP2 for the dream matchup.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
People are worried Ash isn't coming lol. He's coming, everyone. I think they switched them out because there's a joker movie coming out this year.