• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Sooo, put some time in today. Day .5 impressions.

Fujin seems the most wack of the 3, lol. idk how this happened, he feels stiff and slow to me. I had a hope he would be full Wuxia, nice light and graceful. I've complained and joked about stiff MK animations, but I think Fujin is stiff.

Sheeva is awesome on the other hand. Buttons fell stubby, but I like how she plays.

And strangely enough, RoboCop didn't feel "stiff", lol. I mean, I know, he is already a stiff ass robot machine cyborg thing, maybe my expectations were inline. He moves really cool and his move set is neat.

Still salty about no armor breaker for variation 2 for Baraka, hehe.

Oct 29, 2017
Well, I told myself not to buy MK11 when it originally launched and wait for the full package. I guess today is the day to reward myself for being (somewhat) cheap!
I did the same thing three days ago and have been enjoying the single player over the weekend. I'm excited to try online after the single player stuff. It was a hell of a deal, everything at $60.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. I want this but 40 bucks after I spent so much on the deluxe edition is a bit too much now. Will wait for a sale. New total package is a good deal though

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I don't regret spending 40 bucks on this for story mode and Fujin alone. That was a great story and Shang Tsung, Fujin and Nightwolf are probably more interesting to watch together than the main cast at times.

As a massive fan of MK lore, it was totally worth it.

I still think it is a criminally bad deal and near highway robbery for people who already own the base game, though.

Sooo, put some time in today. Day .5 impressions.

Fujin seems the most wack of the 3, lol. idk how this happened, he feels stiff and slow to me. I had a hope he would be full Wuxia, nice light and graceful. I've complained and joked about stiff MK animations, but I think Fujin is stiff.

Sheeva is awesome on the other hand. Buttons fell stubby, but I like how she plays.

And strangely enough, RoboCop didn't feel "stiff", lol. I mean, I know, he is already a stiff ass robot machine cyborg thing, maybe my expectations were inline. He moves really cool and his move set is neat.

Still salty about no armor breaker for variation 2 for Baraka, hehe.
Robocop transitions between his moves as smooth as butter, no matter how big and heavy he looks. He really has flow.

Fujin is just weird. Stiff is the right word. And feels like he has no momentum. Stop and start.

Less the god of wind, more the god of constipation.

greetdeath

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so disappointed with Robocop. He feels like controlling a lead balloon and I can't seem to find anything that lets me chain moves together with him. I'm just a casual, but I'm usually better with a new character than this!

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
hm5pftxih5151.jpg

www.reddit.com

r/Mortalkombatleaks - Ash is no longer in the game files

313 votes and 122 comments so far on Reddit

The dream is dead.
I really hope we learn what forced Ash's removal from the DLC lineup.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the story. I really enjoyed it, probably more so than the original 11 story which I really liked outside the ending. I'm really interested in seeing where MK goes from here story wise. I feel like we're in for a big gap between the next game where it'll be another Trilogy reboot cause I don't see how a new game could follow either ending.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Finished the story. I really enjoyed it, probably more so than the original 11 story which I really liked outside the ending. I'm really interested in seeing where MK goes from here story wise. I feel like we're in for a big gap between the next game where it'll be another Trilogy reboot cause I don't see how a new game could follow either ending.

I can see a Shaolin Monks 2 in one ending.

Absolutely nothing on the other.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn it
I hate choosing between two endings, especially when the two endings are meh. I'm sad that this timeline most likely gone. I loved Old Johnny, Cassie and the Kombat Kids.

They did Old Johnny dirty again by not having him show up at all. Young Johnny even mentions Raiden's magic healing powers to get him back in the game. I didn't wanna play those matches against Johnny, thought it was total BS considering he took on Shinnok. Is it implied that Johnny, Cassie (who DESTROYED Shinnok) and Sonya are all dead as well?

Otherwise, I did enjoy it a lot.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also, STORY SPOILERS
Since the crown is of Shang's design, does that mean he's existed for as long as Kronika has been resetting and altering time? She aint shit then if her abilities aren't really her own

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
They did Old Johnny dirty again by not having him show up at all. Young Johnny even mentions Raiden's magic healing powers to get him back in the game. I didn't wanna play those matches against Johnny, thought it was total BS considering he took on Shinnok. Is it implied that Johnny, Cassie (who DESTROYED Shinnok) and Sonya are all dead as well?

Otherwise, I did enjoy it a lot.

I mean, unfortunately they are consistent on one thing

Moreso than even Shao Khan, Sindel can and will bulldozer a bunch of legit fighters.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what the hell is going on. I bought the aftermath kollection a couple weeks ago. Today I downloaded 2 MK patches but the aftermath story won't start. It takes me to the store where it says aftermath is unavailable.

Anyone else?

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
Not sure what the hell is going on. I bought the aftermath kollection a couple weeks ago. Today I downloaded 2 MK patches but the aftermath story won't start. It takes me to the store where it says aftermath is unavailable.

Anyone else?
Yeah it's annoying but you have to go the story and click add in then go to the game and manually add them on if that happens

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Hopped on and did Sheeva's towers. Also, did a Terminator one that popped. Holy crap, that was annoying. The floor kept getting electrocuted and the Terminator kept getting stronger whenever you jump. Ugh... I did it, but still... Ugh.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
Oh. My. Elder. Gods. These endings are EVERYTHING! I remember MKX ending leaving me a bit meh~ because you know, no promise at all besides boring bad Liu Kang and Kitana, but THESE endings?? I am here for it. I can almost taste a daring roster this time, either 500 years back in time, with a bunch of new characters, or finally breaking out of Earthrealm/Outworld/Netherrealm of the usual timelines and going for Chaosrealm and Seido. There's no way it can go wrong with the next game I'm just so excited.

The story was so worth it being a fan, referencing Bi Han VS Fujin from Mythologies was cute, Havik name dropping too. Now let us have it NRS, we either have redesigned Vorpax or Havik, sounds great to me! lol

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With this game I think they really did a poor job in showing or explaining what happened to people after their last scene. In Aftermath it felt more egregious but it happened in both.

What happened to past Liu/Kitana/Kung Lao/Jade/Johnny/Scorpion/Jax/Sonya etc? Never answered.

What happened to present Cassie/Johnny/Jax/Sub Zero/Jacqui/Liu/Nightwolf/Sheeva etc? Never answered.

Most of the time I can write it off as the story naturally moving on but when we have past Liu and Kitana on the literal brink of death and we just never see or hear from them again, I can't help but feel like that's bad writing. I don't think 9 or X ever had this problem either.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... 8 hours later, i don't think Towers are coming back today for PC.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How on earthrealm do I unlock Aftermath? I bought the most expensive option, downloaded the update, but none of the in-game links point to something that is accessible to me.

Edit: Oh right, I have to go to the in-game Store and download each module. This is so unintuitive - I keep forgetting.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's the online or the game just in general feels sluggish. Though I felt it was a just a tiny bit more response during the story mode.

There a couple frames of input delay added online I believe but it still feels smooth to me.

Your internet connection can also affect how much "clunkier" it feels.

Also, using low latency monitors and plugging your ds4 2.0 (that came with the ps4 pro) with a cable greatly reduces your input lag.

Optimally this runs really well but if you have any added input lag from your hardware / setup then it probably feels a bit jank.

How on earthrealm do I unlock Aftermath? I bought the most expensive option, downloaded the update, but none of the in-game links point to something that is accessible to me.

Edit: Oh right, I have to go to the in-game Store and download each module. This is so unintuitive - I keep forgetting.

Search in your respective store, the patch and story content are two different downloads.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i just had this issue and Irishmantis helped me.

Go to your library. Find mk11 click it but don't start game. Scroll down to PlayStation store. It will show your add ons and you have to manually download the aftermath story add on.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018

Best part is the classic music

With this game I think they really did a poor job in showing or explaining what happened to people after their last scene. In Aftermath it felt more egregious but it happened in both.

What happened to past Liu/Kitana/Kung Lao/Jade/Johnny/Scorpion/Jax/Sonya etc? Never answered.

What happened to present Cassie/Johnny/Jax/Sub Zero/Jacqui/Liu/Nightwolf/Sheeva etc? Never answered.

Most of the time I can write it off as the story naturally moving on but when we have past Liu and Kitana on the literal brink of death and we just never see or hear from them again, I can't help but feel like that's bad writing. I don't think 9 or X ever had this problem either.
The timeline ended, nothing happened to them. Literally ceased to exist.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century

I think this is a natural consequence of both the main game and Aftermath both ending with the timeline being squashed and reset. It's a very abrupt reset both times.

Spine_Ripper

Oct 25, 2017
Played the story mode last night completely forgetting this came out today. So playing them back to back, I personally feel like this dlc was much more enjoyable than the main story. NRS needs to move away from the core characters because to be frank, they're fucking boring and genuinely uninteresting. There are gods, elder gods, titans, sorcerers, necromancers, demons, an ice ninja cosplaying as Shredder, four armed dudes, and we decide to keep spending time with some regular guy that glows green and his daughter. Nah, gimmie more Edenia/Outworld shenanigans please. I did appreciate all the little nods to the deeper MK lore, specifically that Mythologies reference. NRS continues to acknowledge its canon and hopefully one day they remake it, Shaolin Monks style.

Also Sindel a bad bitch, I said it.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
There a couple frames of input delay added online I believe but it still feels smooth to me.

Your internet connection can also affect how much "clunkier" it feels.

Also, using low latency monitors and plugging your ds4 2.0 (that came with the ps4 pro) with a cable greatly reduces your input lag.

Optimally this runs really well but if you have any added input lag from your hardware / setup then it probably feels a bit jank.

I guess I just don't have the issue with other fighting games on my PS4 and the matches aren't lagging out. It feels like artificial weight, kind of like Killzone 2.

When I go online getting to someone less than 50% is nearly impossible.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The timeline ended, nothing happened to them. Literally ceased to exist.

I think this is a natural consequence of both the main game and Aftermath both ending with the timeline being squashed and reset. It's a very abrupt reset both times.

That's fair and I think that does give some leeway for a few characters but like, you're telling me we couldn't get a single line that said what happened to past Kitana and Liu? Yeah the timeline got reset so it doesn't matter but they're major characters who were seconds away from death when we last saw them and they just never got mentioned again. Is that really too much to ask?

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's fair and I think that does give some leeway for a few characters but like, you're telling me we couldn't get a single line that said what happened to past Kitana and Liu? Yeah the timeline got reset so it doesn't matter but they're major characters who were seconds away from death when we last saw them and they just never got mentioned again. Is that really too much to ask?

I'm with you friend.
Its really starting to sour on me that we don't get any resolution on the OG cast, young or old. I thought this DLC would conclude and fix things up...feels like by the time the ending rolled around, it broke everything completely. I was all aboard until the last two chapters

Oh well. Anyone not able to access ToTs on PC?

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also it's nice finally have official confirmation that Sindel wasn't shit from the start.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
The Aftermath story was of the same quality as the main story. I do wonder if they're actually setting something up with the new ending though.

MK12 A PREQUEL??????111

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
So with the new Aftermath update. I made some interesting observations with the character select screen.

WgfRWoN.jpg

The screen is still off balanced in terms of symmetry, but being perfectly symmetrical isn't a problem, but....

Now I can see Netherealm going about this one of two ways, there may be more but this is what I'm thinking in regards to future updates to the game.

Option 1 - Move Cetrion and Fujin on the end, which leaves two spots open next to Shang and Nightwolf

gFhpfT6.jpg

The problem with Option 1 is because the select screen is moved up higher that means it's uncentered with the rest of the UI, but Netherealm can move it to center it and that would resolve this issue, this means two more characters are possibly in planning.

Now for Option 2

VM55mGF.jpg

This would fill every possible empty space on the select screen, Fits perfectly with the UI and makes a cohesive rectangle, but 8 more characters is asking for a LOT.

In a ideal and perfect world, I'd prefer option 2, but being a realist, I think Option 1 is much more likely.

If I were to add eight more characters to the game, it's simple really. Smoke, Reptile, Rain, Ermac, Ash (He's been teased repeatedly), Cyrax, Sektor, and someone entirely new, maybe a non-boss version of Kronika, or Boon trolls everyone and adds Stryker or Mileena.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It's 2 characters I'd want Halloween theme Ash Williams VS Michael Meyers

If it's more

Ash Williams
Michael Meyers (I don't really want him but I feel like a theme is the only chance Ash has xD)
Takeda
Mileena
Havik
A multi variation character like triborg in mkx, could be cyrax/sektor or the ninjas

Also, since EVO had ditched MK11 originally and the future of NRS esports if their own pro tour, I figured you know what ?
MK11 3rd year, Injustice 3 comes out, what if they do add some DLC characters, and the custom variation for tournament ?
+ some visuals upgrades for PS5 and Xbox Series X (better lightning, HQ models at all times, 60 fps everywhere etc...)

Then you can feature both games in the pro tour. (and sonicfox will win both lmao)

That'd be cool ! Especially since they want to take a break from MK fighting games for a while they said, this could live on.