NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
We all knew it, but literally no one can tell me that MK11 Mileena wasn't the most rushed and butchered character in the game. 100% sure that she was never planned for MK11 and was only added later after the backlash and for the profit.

Fz2iiV0WwAAbmxN
Fz2iiiPXwAED22k

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Scorpion and Sub-Zero look great but man Johnny and Kung Lao look pretty boring, They honestly look like movie version of their character lol
Agree 100%.

Hopefully their alt outfits are much more inspired. Honestly just give me an exact HD replica of Kung Laos MK2 outfit. I need his eyes hidden by his hat during neutral and walking animations too please.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully their alt outfits are much more inspired. Honestly just give me an exact HD replica of Kung Laos MK2 outfit. I need his eyes hidden by his hat during neutral and walking animations too please.
His MK2 look is a kameo, but we don't know yet if kameo skins will be available to the playable kharacter as well (I'm assuming they will).
MK1-Kameo-KungLao-Scorpion.png

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
His MK2 look is a kameo, but we don't know yet if kameo skins will be available to the playable kharacter as well (I'm assuming they will).
MK1-Kameo-KungLao-Scorpion.png
Somehow I completely forgot that his kameo was briefly in the trailer lol, yeah I'm pretty sure that look will be selectable for him.

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
So, the Ultimate DLC is $5 for MK11. This is probably a dumb question, but will hopping back to relearn 11 translate pretty well back into MK1?

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I pray to the Elder Gods that gear is gone and thankfully that seems to be the case. I ain't trying to see a green Sub-Zero with a little medallion hanging off his waist or whatever that was customised but never even noticeable.

I REALLY hope there are still unlockable/customisation intros and outros, though.

Still having PT downloaded and actually having unlocked Grayson's staff makes my PS4 feel like a sacred artifact

Hahaha it really is. Protect that Playstation at any and all costs!!! I am 0 for 2 on that :(.

Just saw Rooflemonger's vid on the official MK site update and I wonder if that is any indication we're getting closer to more trailers and reveals?

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
We all knew it, but literally no one can tell me that MK11 Mileena wasn't the most rushed and butchered character in the game. 100% sure that she was never planned for MK11 and was only added later after the backlash and for the profit.

I think there was some interviews that largely corroborate that. Rain and Mileena felt pretty clearly not a part of the original scope of the game since elements of them were repurposed into other characters, alongside being name-dropped as Consumables that put them in the same standing as Smoke, Reptile, and other characters that didn't make it in kp1/aftermath

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Those character bios that are out seemingly confirm that Scorpion is no longer Japanese and there's zero mention of the Shirai Ryu.

I am very conflicted about this.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I ain't trying to see a green Sub-Zero with a little medallion hanging off his waist or whatever that was customised but never even noticeable

I agree it was a huge step back from what IJ2 allowed you to customize visually. To me if it's not on that level, then what's the point? The color pallete changes and actual base costumes did way more to differentiate your characters than any accessories ever did in MK11.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Baraka's main characteristic becoming a freaking disease is a whole new level of disrespect to my boy. Why do you hate him so much, Liu Kang?

OP
OP

Deleted member 128578

Dec 2, 2022
All the talk of changing characters backgrounds has me thinking how they're going to bring Ermac into this new world, because he's absolutely going to have to get a completely new backstory given the current setup in Outworld.

An idea I had is that maybe he's linked to the Living Forest stage they showed in the trailer? The trees in that stage have glowing green eyes which remind me of souls, so maybe he's a defender of the forest made up of souls from the trees or something.

Screenshot_2023-06-30_at_18.15.48.png

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
All the talk of changing characters backgrounds has me thinking how they're going to bring Ermac into this new world, because he's absolutely going to have to get a completely new backstory given the current setup in Outworld.

He could just get remade by whoever is the new villain (assuming it's not Shang Tsung, considering how he's just a pre-order character).

OP
OP

Deleted member 128578

Dec 2, 2022
He could just get remade by whoever is the new villain (assuming it's not Shang Tsung, considering how he's just a pre-order character).

Yeah you're probably right lol. I hope he's not a villain though, I always liked Ermac being a good guy in Deception and being a side villain in an NRS story basically means you're there to get beat and not much else.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Kuai is Scorpion, and Hanzo is alive with his family living a happy life.
Maybe he trained Kuai and thats why he uses the Scorpion name, because Hanzo is retired, playing golf.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
"Very soon"

One month later.

So i'm guessing "soon" would be about 45 days in their metric.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Baraka's main characteristic becoming a freaking disease is a whole new level of disrespect to my boy. Why do you hate him so much, Liu Kang?

It is certainly a very unexpected change, but I don't if I would consider it a sign of disrespect yet. The lore for Tarkatans, like most of MK's lore has changed at least a couple of times even in the old timelines. According to the wiki Tarkatans were mutants, then they were a cross between Outworlders and demons from the Netherrealm. In the rebooted timeline Tarkatans were just natives from another realm that Shao Khan conquered. This disease angle feels like the writers are circling back to something akin to the original mutant idea.

Now that they've confirmed the name of Mileena's disease, I predict one of two things:

The infectees of the "tarkat" disease have an underground society, now branded as "Tarkatans". They're the Morlocks of this new MK reality. They'll either attempt an uprising on the ruling class of Outworld, or they'll be a pawn in someone's scheme to take over.

Or

Infectees of the tarkat disease are just rabid killers; the tarkat disease just basically being super rabies, making all infectees turn into flesh eating monsters. I unfortunately think this might end up being the case.

That said, I'd love if we got a combination of both; the story shows them as these monsters at first, people to be round up and killed to stop the "spread" of the disease. But there's actually some who have retained their sanity for the most part, and try to save their fellow infectee. They were once human, after all, but are now something more.

I think your last idea might be pretty accurate. After MK11 really took the time to present the Tarkatans as anything other then just savage killers, I don't they'll just make them rage virus zombies here. I think Baraka will be used to show that people infected can maintain their sanity and should be allowed to exist. My bet is that Mileena will be exposed and rejected by her people an be taken in by the infected Tarkatans.

A common theme in Mileena's stories over the years has always been her desire to be loved and accepted by her family and people, and even in this new timeline she doesn't seem to have that. In both her and Kitana's bios there are references to people doubting Mileena and wanting Kitana to take the throne. I am starting to think Mileena will wind up choosing to lead the Tarkatans/infected, but that might not make her a villain. I could see her more as an almost Kotal figure, trying to protect her people and acting more as a neutral party that chooses sides based on how much it benefits her people's situation.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Very surprised Scorpion is now Kuai. I wonder if Hanzo is Noob now.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
I'm thinking Bi-Han became the leader of the Lin Kuei after killing his own father. In some kind of twist Scorpion will find out about it and seek revenge, or he will leave the Lin Kuei and create his own clan aka the Shirai Ryu.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Scorpion not being Japanese or Shirai Ryu has me pretty pissed ngl

I get that a lot of these changes feel disconcerting, but I would say you're jumping the gun a bit. The Shirai Ryu were formed when a Lin Kuei member split off from the clan and started their own. Given what we've seen of Bi-Han so far it seems like a similar event is going to occur just much later because of Liu Kang's changes to the timeline. MK1 seems like it is specifically going to be about creating slightly different origins for familiar characters and organizations.

As for Scorpion not being Japanese, it seems like Scorpion might be a title similar to Sub-Zero. Something taken by different people at different times. Hanzo Hashai be he a playable character, kameo, or NPC will likely still be Japanese. We just need to wait and see how the story mode plays out. This game feels like it is going to be an origin story for a lot of characters with the big question being "how much is history doomed to repeat itself?".

I'm thinking Bi-Han became the leader of the Lin Kuei after killing his own father. In some kind of twist Scorpion will find out about it and seek revenge, or he will leave the Lin Kuei and create his own clan aka the Shirai Ryu.

I think this is solid guess at what's going to happen. It seems inevitable that Scorpion and Sub-Zero are going to wind up on opposing sides. I'm curious who is going to wind up winning that battle though as both characters are kind of destined to kill each other at different times. Based on old timelines this Scorpion is destined to lose and to be revived as a Spectre, who in turn is destined to get revenge and in doing so lead to the creation of Noob. However, those old events were orchestrated by Quan Chi, and while he might be in the game it remains to be seen if he is pulling the strings behind the tension between Scorpion and Sub-Zero in this new timeline. If he isn't then things might be a bit more unpredictable.

Vin-yl

Jan 13, 2023
Kombat Kasts and Watchtower Streams have always been a blast. Looking forward to what they got in store!

OP
OP

Deleted member 128578

Dec 2, 2022
"soon", august it is then.

Jokes aside, i'm guessing this is prior to the Kombat Kast, otherwise they would just mention that with he kombat kast announcement.

I would imagine it's the 'and more' advertised for Thursday's Kombat Kast