Ryce

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF7nFD80g3M
After repelling the invaders who endangered Fire God Liu Kang's New Era of peace, Mortal Kombat 1: Khaos Reigns expands the story campaign with an all-new cinematic narrative. When a perilous threat arrives from an alternate timeline, led by the ruthless Titan Havik whose sole mission is to throw the realms into khaos, Liu Kang must rally his champions and put faith in his enemies to defeat this grave danger. If they fail, the New Era will be reduced to anarchy.

Adding to the growing roster of playable fighters, Kombat Pack 2 features returning kombatants Noob Saibot, voiced by Kaiji Tang; Cyrax, voiced by Enuka Okuma; and Sektor, voiced by Erika Ishii, all with unique backstories as part of the reimagined Mortal Kombat 1 Universe. As Sub-Zero, Bi-Han was the Lin Kuei's ruthless Grandmaster, but his soul was stolen by Titan Havik to create the perfect henchman, Noob Saibot, who is now dedicated to fomenting anarchy. Born into the Zaki, one of the Lin Kuei's many sub-clans, Cyrax became a martial arts prodigy with an independent streak and untamed desire to serve the clan on her terms, or not at all. Growing up immersed in Lin Kuei culture under the tutelage of her parents, Sektor becomes a master armorer, skilled warrior, and Sub-Zero's most trusted lieutenant, committed to advancing the clan's future at all costs.

Kombat Pack 2 also brings a new batch of guest fighters into the mix with Ghostface, the recurring identity donned by antagonists from the Scream horror movie franchise, voiced by Roger L. Jackson; T-1000, the liquid metal-based Terminator and deadly cybernetic assassin from the Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) film featuring the voice and likeness of actor Robert Patrick; and Conan the Barbarian, the towering warrior from the Conan the Barbarian (1982) film featuring the likeness of actor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Additionally, Animalities, the fan-favorite finishing moves will be returning as a free content update for all Mortal Kombat 1 owners. Allowing characters to morph into their spirit animal to annihilate defeated opponents, Animalities can be performed by all playable fighters and will be available in conjunction with the Mortal Kombat 1: Khaos Reigns release.
Starting today, those who own Mortal Kombat 1 can pre-order Mortal Kombat 1: Khaos Reigns Expansion on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC for $49.99 (SRP) and Nintendo Switch for $39.99 (SRP), which includes the cinematic Story expansion and the six playable fighters within Kombat Pack 2. The Story expansion along with Noob Saibot, Cyrax, and Sektor will be available on Sept. 24. Ghostface, T-1000, and Conan the Barbarian will be released post-launch, with one-week early access provided to Mortal Kombat 1: Khaos Reigns owners. Please note, Kombat Pack 2 is not available as a standalone character bundle.

Last edited:

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
I kind of wish the MK1 story would focus more on the new timeline, rather than continuing with the multiverse shenanigans.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Its much more exciting to see MK characters than guests. I will definitely buy this. I hope Year 2 updates also make the offline modes more engaging.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
At least they didn't give Sektor or Cyrax robot high heels, so that's something. That said, I'm not a fan of the helmet designs. Also don't like Noob's design at all, but I guess topping his MK11 look(s) is basically impossible.

Another Arnold guest character seems big snooze, but whatever. T-1000 at least just in concept could get really whacky in ways that are super cool.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
Not a big fan of any of the returning character's designs

Hard to top MK11 Noob and they've still yet to come up with really good modern designs for the cyborgs

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
I gotta say

Still hate it when writers misuse the word "anarchy"

That's not what the word means, writer/editor!

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I saw Cyrax's face and she's available at launch. NRS got me back. That's my main.

The guests are a lot easier to accept when the returning characters release up front

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
CQzkEby.gif

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Looks good but I'm honestly surprised NRS hasn't moved on to MK2 yet. I thought MK1 hasn't been well received overall...but it's also MK which sells a ton to the casual crowd.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Hard to be excited for the borgs being DLC again. Conan and T-1000 just feel really random and kinda like a repeat of MK11's DLC characters without any sort of through line. If they saved the T-800 for this game then it would have been cool. But it feels like they're just like... welp, how bout another Arnold character, lol. I'd much rather have more MK characters that are missing, honestly. Ghostface is pretty fucking cool though. Especially since they seemingly got the movie license unlike DBD. I may come back for him.

Vourlis

Aug 14, 2022
United States
Sigh. The multi-verse shit is so played out for me...and all the stones, chaos emeralds, whatever, give me Thanos whiplash...not a huge fan of guest characters too.

At least Noob, Cyrax, Setkor are neat, but yeah...whatever...

MF DOOMbot

Jun 5, 2023
This looks pretty impressive. I was hyped for MK1 only to be let down by the offering but this expansion looks legit.

yallasama

Dec 7, 2022
Hahahah what a god awful story trailer, NRS creativity is officially dead with that Havik crown and having 6 realms as stones like Thanos did. Just come out and say it already Boon, you want your own MK Marvel universe. Glad I am not even mad, this is not Mortal Kombat anymore, all bets are off. They are just doing whatever at this point. Animalities is the only good thing about this. Maybe a stage variant here and there. The rest is just not for me and it's time to move on. Glad I still have Street Fighter that actually feels like Street Fighter.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Kombat Pack 2 can't be bought separately.

You have to buy the Khaos Reins story DLC to get it. Trailer mentions it at the end above the listing of the platforms and at the blog post in OP.

I swear in MK11 you could buy kombat pack 2 separately from Aftermath.

Last edited:

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
I kind of wish the MK1 story would focus more on the new timeline, rather than continuing with the multiverse shenanigans.
The multiverse is the new timeline. It's annoying because of all series to actually have a potential use for it, this is the one that botched it the worst by doing it too late and doing it poorly in general.

ZeroCDR

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good pack, so excited for Cyrax and Sektor. MK1 definitely needed more time in the oven but it seems to be in a good spot now, I've been having a lot of fun with it since Ermac came out.

Oct 27, 2017
Reptile sees animalities and NathanFillion.gifs

I'm gonna need a lot more underneath all that to get me excited again. Seeing them both fix some QoL issues with Invasions while also skimping on the rewards or screwing up the Mileena/Khaos season etc over time has been frustrating.

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
Not feeling Sektor and Cyrax' designs, I wish they were differentiated with more than just color. I get its tradition, but the other pallet swaps have been distinguished much more by now.
The multiverse is the new timeline. It's annoying because of all series to actually have a potential use for it, this is the one that botched it the worst by doing it too late and doing it poorly in general.
I thought some of the developments suggested by the character endings could be cool, like Onaga being unsealed. Wish we could get more of that.

DoctorPlayer MD

"This guy are sick"
Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
Animalities look cool, but still not enough to interest me again. I'll watch the story mode on youtube after release.

I wanted the old tineline Cyrax and Sektor (or at least Cyrax, he deserved it) but I guess it was either gender swap them or having no women at all in the DLC which would be the worst case. Maybe Jade, Skarlet and Cassie can be cameos someday.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
This definitely ain't enough to bring me back to the game, unfortunately all boring characters as well terrible designs imo so I'll have to pass on this one

Was hoping for an actual 2v2 mode but more story expansion makes sense but eh not for me

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Not feeling Sektor and Cyrax' designs, I wish they were differentiated with more than just color. I get its tradition, but the other pallet swaps have been distinguished much more by now.

I thought some of the developments suggested by the character endings could be cool, like Onaga being unsealed. Wish we could get more of that.
Oh yeah, whereas 9 went up through 3/u3 and then in 10 we dove into what then became 4 with that new timeline, they just went stupid with some of the things in 11, leading us here. So we start over, again, get up through I guess what should have been 4 and then teases for the PS2 era and... eh?

I know a lot of the PS2 characters weren't the most liked, and that's fine because some of them were terribly boring and the gameplay system was definitely an experiment to say the least, but going this far in and then just... wet fart.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Female Cyrax and Sektor are cool, and Noob looks fun as always. But I am not going to bother with this. MK1 was a huge let down to me. I really didn't like.the Kameo combat system, and the single player offerings were extremely disappointing when compared to MK11. And yes, that includes the story.

Also the sheer amount of dumb guest characters in current MK are the opposite of selling point to me. I'm not sure who at NRS thinks that making half of your dlc roster consist of guest characters that don't fit in with the rest of the roster is a good idea.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
That Cyrax and Sector make no sense. The whole point of the cyberisation initiative was to turn them into machines and forgo their humanity. Which was a big part of the dispute and why Kuai Liang was against it. Here they look more like Cyrax and Sector cosplays. If this is all they are I can't see why Kuai Liang is so annoyed in the trailer.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
NGL the thing that got me most excited are Animalities. Love seeing Havik at front stage though, he was my favorite in Deception.