• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
So, I got hooked to the Kulve Taroth siege, last night. Only had a few successful runs, but still got a ton of weapons. This is probably a question for those that played on consoles before, but are there any weapons I should look to hold onto? I've been keeping any Rarity 7 or 8, regardless, but I'm concentrating on Bow and Insect Glaive. I was going to trash the Rarity 6 weapons, but saw a lot of them had 3 Augmentation slots, so I wasn't sure if there was some hidden gem among them.
There's this list on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHun..._we_have_a_quick_summary_which_kulve_weapons/

And then there was an older excel page with some rating for each weapons:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...IOr34k03VNXUF7qfJu35i6Sjws/htmlview?sle=true#

Note that for some reason Capcom decided to only launch Kulve with her original weapons, so it's missing 14 weapons they added later on, some of which are actually the good ones. Seems pretty fucking stupid especially with how late Kulve was, but eh.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Note that for some reason Capcom decided to only launch Kulve with her original weapons, so it's missing 14 weapons they added later on, some of which are actually the good ones. Seems pretty fucking stupid especially with how late Kulve was, but eh.

I'm confused - so we have the monster on PC but not all the weapons are available to craft?

Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I'm confused - so we have the monster on PC but not all the weapons are available to craft?

My understanding is we have a portion of the total relic weapons that could drop, not things you craft.

Capcom has really been stumbling with how to roll DLC out in this game for PC release, and I'm not sure if that's because they're adapting everything to whatever PC architecture they're using or what exactly. You would think that they would roll her out with the full gear she had on consoles instead of acting like this is the original release, especially given the length of time between any kind of update. Like most of my friends who hunt already don't care about Kuve because it's been too long since the PC release happened.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
My understanding is we have a portion of the total relic weapons that could drop, not things you craft.

Capcom has really been stumbling with how to roll DLC out in this game for PC release, and I'm not sure if that's because they're adapting everything to whatever PC architecture they're using or what exactly. You would think that they would roll her out with the full gear she had on consoles instead of acting like this is the original release, especially given the length of time between any kind of update. Like most of my friends who hunt already don't care about Kuve because it's been too long since the PC release happened.

Buying time before they drop the bombshell that the G rank expansion is coming one year later after console release :P

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Originally Kulve had most of her weapons, minus 1 for each type. Many months later, they added 1 weapon to each type on consoles, and some of these are the best weapons(they're all R8 weapons). We don't have these specific weapons, she still has most of them. In the link/video you can see what was added. For some weapon types, there's only one "good" weapon, and it was the one added(LS/HH for example, maybe others too), so you can't get these, making Kulve fairly useless if you ONLY play these. Probably still worth farming for other stuff in case you want to try other weapons though.

Also no weapon is available to craft on Kulve. All weapons are random drops. There's like 20ish weapons per weapon type that drop on her.

Lone Dragon

Oct 27, 2017
There's this list on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHun..._we_have_a_quick_summary_which_kulve_weapons/

And then there was an older excel page with some rating for each weapons:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...IOr34k03VNXUF7qfJu35i6Sjws/htmlview?sle=true#

Thanks!

I saw there are 2 R8 IGs on the list, but I haven't seen one of any Rarity drop, yet.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks!

I saw there are 2 R8 IGs on the list, but I haven't seen one of any Rarity drop, yet.
On the google doc you'll see a bunch of the R7s are also rated 4star and have uses, albeit niche uses in some cases, so it's not as bad as the first list makes it to be. The first list is really "the best weapons", and some also were demoted because Lunastra adds better weapons for these same cases but until we have Lunastra, they stay relevant.

For IG especially the Lunastra/Xeno IG iirc is one of the best general use ones, but until then, you have plenty of decent options from Kulve. It's worth just keeping all R7s and compare to what you have for similar use(for example elemental IGs, Blast and Paralysis IG which imo are the 2 big status you'd want to keep and the usual raw IG) because unless you made every IG already available, there's probably going to be some decent ones you can keep to fight one specific monster or whatever.

Especially relevant for Arch Tempered Elder Dragons we'll be getting later, for example a fire IG isn't particularily useful now, but once AT Kirin and AT Vaal Hazak are added, it might become a pretty good option and the Kulve fire is better than Rathalos one. You might want a dragon IG instead for elderseal, in which case Deviljho is going to be better but it's something to keep in mind. Kulve offers just a lot of optional weapons, quite often sidegrades or minor upgrade/downgrades from current weapon for niche cases, which is nice if you don't want to have to waste a bunch of materials making a weapon you're only going to use every now and then.

Absolute0

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to hear things are going smoothly so far with Kulve raid! Thanks for the feedback.

We have more 'stuff' in the pipeline to keep you busy after Kulve Taroth. :)

It's not smooth man. Does he game data mine your weapon usage log and only give you weapons from KT that you don't use? That's the only possible explanation for the drops I've gotten so far!!

Edit: I'm joking (sorta haha) in case that wasn't obvious but why doesn't Pc have the expanded weapon pool? Is there a list of the original weapons somewhere? I just want to know if it's possible to get Tarroth Claw lance right now or is that weapon one of the new 14.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The PC doesnt have the expanded weapon pool because the content release is being mirrored from the consoles IIRC. Which means we got Kulve a week or two late but got some other stuff, like the Ignition GS, early. The R7 Claw lance is in the initial pool of weapons i.e. its in now.

Not a fan of the RNG, some kind of trade in system, even if it took a lot, would be nice as a "safety net".

Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I understand why but it also doesn't make sense to not just have them in the game anyway. Unless there's actually zero new content outside of lunestra and they have to stretch everything as thin as possible.

Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
This fucking sucks. I'm having a nightmare time actually trying to pair with anyone and then it's just carts all over the place.

I don't understand half of what's going on. What happens if my squad does a bunch of breaks but then carts?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This fucking sucks. I'm having a nightmare time actually trying to pair with anyone and then it's just carts all over the place.

I don't understand half of what's going on. What happens if my squad does a bunch of breaks but then carts?

It pushes up the pursuit level for the session you are in, making subsequent missions easier. It also gives you points and raises your reward level which affects the rewards you get when KT is finally defeated in that run. Once you hit Reward level 14+, which you can do as carting doesnt affect it, you will have the best chance at the highest rarity drops you can have.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017

It pushes up the pursuit level for the session you are in, making subsequent missions easier. It also gives you points and raises your reward level which affects the rewards you get when KT is finally defeated in that run. Once you hit Reward level 14+, which you can do as carting doesnt affect it, you will have the best chance at the highest rarity drops you can have.
Yeah it's similar to the first game's Fatalis and Tri's Ceadeus, where you're able to wear it down over several hunts and retain the damage you've done if you didn't win.

Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Also I've never had the game tank in performance quite like this, I have no idea what's hitting it so hard. Like the game just "halts" especially when Kuve is wandering around,

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Also I've never had the game tank in performance quite like this, I have no idea what's hitting it so hard. Like the game just "halts" especially when Kuve is wandering around,

I been looking with randoms, but I live in +8 timezones so I dunno if that really is the difference.

For performance Google a good as some settings do very little in the looks department but eat a lot of resources.

Also install special k, it helps. With that you can also do mods! Like the one that puts light beams on the stuff that drops.

Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I've got all that. The game has been basically fine except for when Kushala summons all its tornadoes in the last area. This is like the game locking every few seconds because of a load or because it's processing the damage from other teams, I guess.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, praise be to Hex. They made a KT drop adjustment mod with the 14 missing weapons, which are in the game just deactivated for the event.

Isn't that going to give you an unbalanced edge when Lunastra comes out? Though when it comes to modding everyones mileage varies (I certainly wouldnt want to go back to no pillar of light for loot drops ;) )

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I have a 2500k and 1070 and I have not had any performance issues since they put out the patch to fix lightning effects, Kushala's winds also don't affect my game enough to see a distinct drop in fps but I also but my game on low except for textures and some effects. Used the Digital foundry video on the PC version as a guide, might help to give that a quick glance and see if anything there might help.

So far I am liking the KT siege but I kinda feel it favors range a bit more, I think I have done at least 6 complete runs (horn breaks) so far. When I am in a all melee group it gets harder to keep it from fleeing but in a range group I have seen the horns break in the first phase even. Im gonna need to make a range set so that if I find myself in an all melee group then I can change out if I need to.

What is a good HBG set that I can make relatively quickly and what ranged/general skills should I look to have for the KT siege?

Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I would probably use Hex's balancing if it didn't also include the 14 other weapons.

What is a good HBG set that I can make relatively quickly and what ranged/general skills should I look to have for the KT siege?

From the previous post on optimal builds, it actually looks like LBG is the way to go. For clothed:

YTTQX38.png

A note on why some of these are chosen: Partbreaker is vital for cracking the chunks off of her, and critical element using Thunder is important as she has what is effectively a 6 star weakness to Thunder while clothed. Bombardier is common as she takes 2x damage from bombs.

Bows seem to be the way to go for the stage 4 fight. When she's released, she has a similar elemental weakness level to ice.

Cq3QSjW.png

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
That's an ice LBG btw, ice bow is legianna and looks quite a bit different due to bow needing stam stuff.

And I linked a build last page that's overall better imo for lightning LBG, since it gives natural 20fire resist to be immune to burning in case you get caught by the fire attacks and the only downside is you need a gem slot augment in the weapon if you want the 3rd crit eye(and you don't get windproof but that does nothing on this fight I'm pretty sure). Differences are minor though, any Lightning Blitz partbreaker build is going to melt KT.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the moment I've taken Bomber out of my LBG build. No-one seems to use bombs during the coated phase in my (fairly limited) experience.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
KT is weak to lightning(what isn't in this game)? But the trainer said to use fire :(

Alright, I don't care about meta or looking good. This fight is a nightmare with pubs. Kuve just runs around out of range or has a giant roll with some real goofy hitboxes. Zero fun.
Just did a pub match with a team that knew what they were doing and except for one close call near the end no one died. I think when you get a bad team where no ones knows what to do and waiting for someone to take the lead it can seem like you're not getting anything done and you start getting anxious; Leads to risky plays and carts. In a team that can hold their own I tend to find my spots but I also am naturally reckless, wedge beetle lvl 3 charge yolo ftw!!! Definitely a mixed bag with pubs, Im nearing maybe close to maybe 5 completes and double the runs and 50/50 with success so far.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Call me scum if you want, but I've been searching for new lobbies each time I get a kill so I can hop into a lvl 3+ siege. Getting rewards each hunt is great.

Also acts as bad pub protection because usually one group gets the kill before some rando dies 3x.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
so i broke her horns twice so far, i still have no idea what the optimal way to do everything is as a bow user. and i figured out that you get weapons directly from her after you appraise them in the gathering hub. no crafting weapons, only armor from her

i got taroth hammer "ice" as my only rarity 8 drop, then a bunch of 6s and a few 7s, nothing of those stands out except for taroth axe "horn" which seems ok.

i'll probably get enough bushi vouchers to do all the deliveries and try for the armor. hopefully some nice weapons come my way.

xania

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to do the easier strat that Jinjinx suggests, where you fight Kulve to increase the Pursuit level and leave, then go for the kill when its easier, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting the Pursuit up. Most of the time it only goes to 2 or 3 after the first fight which doesn't seem to be enough to beat it reliably with pugs. Is it just the rest of the session not picking up tracks or am I missing something?

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
i find the glut of weapons as a reward really weird. suddenly i have 15+ new weapons and I don't feel attached or incentivized to try them because there's no grind or hard work behind getting them. As cheesy as it sounds, it creates a relationship with you and that weapon which is missing here. it seems counter intuitive to the MH' design principles.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I wouldn't know I did both of them at same time lol.

Man I need a kirin part but I don't have a solo setup and don't even have gear for fighting it. HR89 and I did the other quests for K lol....

Lone Dragon

Oct 27, 2017
I've gotten both sets of the Kulve armor, both of the Layered armors, and the Palico sets. Really wish the Kulve armors were Layered. Love the look, but not sure the Skill are that great. Now, it's on to farming. Really hate the RNG. My RNG is always garbage, and it's one reason I got so hooked to Monster Hunter World - I could just farm and craft the gear I wanted. So far, I have only seen 2 R6 Bows and 1R6 IG drop, no R7 or R8s at all. Have multiple LBG and Horns, though...

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to do the easier strat that Jinjinx suggests, where you fight Kulve to increase the Pursuit level and leave, then go for the kill when its easier, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting the Pursuit up. Most of the time it only goes to 2 or 3 after the first fight which doesn't seem to be enough to beat it reliably with pugs. Is it just the rest of the session not picking up tracks or am I missing something?

Probably your team mates doing a bad job. As long as everyone tries to pick all the tracks/materials the level should increase nicely every run. Getting it up to 15-16 seems to be the sweet spot for nicer rewards.

Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I have been reading that it's those gold chunks and maybe breaking her tail after release that can help. Or scrounging every single dropped piece but I'm getting tired of playing 52 item pickup. Not having any luck with them gems. But yknow, desire sensor and all that.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So to get the coat off of KT, I just need to break the chest? All the other spots (arms, legs, tail) are just to raise the quest or reward level right?

Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I had been reading that you need to knock off 5 pieces in Area 3, and you have to have chipped off the gold from the horns. But it really feels more random than anything at this point. I've done that while she's glowing in Area 3 and she still retreated.

I also still don't get the whole siege mode style of it, because it doesn't feel like whatever other groups are doing contributes to your Kulve? Unless I'm misunderstanding that, which is totally likely because nothing is really communicated well enough.

Last edited: