• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
as cliche as it sounds apparently driver 398.36 helps with performance over 398.82. Don't have the game yet so I can't test myself.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
What is that? Like a challenge mode with no story stuff?

The game starts in High Rank. It's when armor optimization, weapon selection, using the correct items (flashbangs, Nutrients, Bomb Barrels, etc.) and customizing your build for specific encounters starts becoming very important. Story Mode is just terrible.. I miss the old days when the only story was "here's the hunting board, have fun." and you set your own path for how you wanted to progress through missions.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So rushing through the story is recommended? I've been doing all kind of stuff like bountys, some expeditions quests etc.

That sucks... I'm playing just fine with a GTX 1070.. but I'm not a Optimization junkie so none of this appeals to me. Feels like ever since the PC version was announced 90% of the conversation has been about performance and not the actual game and the PC people finally getting to experience it, I was hoping things would change when the OT came out but.. nope! Most OT's are usually filled with people asking questions and sharing experience with new launches, but I guess since this a port the conversation is somewhere else : /

Give it a couple of days, it will settle down. Game isn't even out for 24h.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
What is that? Like a challenge mode with no story stuff?

It's when every other hunt gets rudely interrupted by a giant B-52 bomber is what it is.

So rushing through the story is recommended? I've been doing all kind of stuff like bountys, some expeditions quests etc.

Only do side missions that unolock stuff. But for the most part yeah, rush through the story. Otherwise you'll wonder why you spent grinding 30-60 hours on low level shit that you'll immediately discard.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Bounties are fine because you're gonna do them eventually and they unlock useful stuff. Everything else just leave it until you're in high rank.

Ecco45

Mar 19, 2018
Anyone playing with a GTX 1070 and an i7 2600k at 1440p?

Wondering if I'll be able to play at that resolution with locked 60FPS.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Oof. Does it feel like a slog to get there?

Not at all. Use this time to learn weapon mechanics, farm consumables, and most importantly, learn monster attack patterns. In HR nothing is more important than positioning as some HR mobs can potentially one shot you if you're not careful. But as far as the Cutscenes and story? You can ignore all that unless you're really into lore.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Online is so broken. I mean not xbox launch bad but I can't even join my friend who is two quests back and watched the cutscene. I can help randoms on SOS though.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Called it a night with the Pukei-Pukei hunt. Ugggh I want to play more, but I need SOME sleep lol.

Decided to hop in with the lance for now, which I think I am going somewhere with it. XD Game is running quite smoothly for the most part, but I had a couple freezes (one collecting the first honey and fainting for the first time), plus a crash at the hub, so hmmm. Also having connection issues too, though I am just sticking with solo for some more anyway.

Anyway, the wait sucked, but man does it feel good to finally step into the new world. For a while it felt sucky as a MH fan who just game on PC/Switch, but that has past, and the hunter in me is armed and ready!

You can play the story with friends too, it's quite convoluted but really not that big of a deal once you know how to do it.

So essentially when you're in the same lobby, you all start your missions solo, and once you get to the part where you're supposed to kill the monster and it says you can fire SOS now, just return from the quest back to the town. Once the last player reaches that same point in the mission you all join him/her from the quest board (join quest). It should appear on the assigned list there after that. Or if everyone happened to return from the quest you just post that assignment again and you all can get in together from the get go. It's not really that straightforward but once you know how to do it efficiently, it's quite non-issue. The only exceptions are the quests that start with expedition mission (eg. kulu-ya-ku), there you all actually need to return to Astera first and start that slaying part as a new assignment.

Really can't defend this system since it's quite shit, but once you know the inner workings of it it's easy to live with it.

Hope this helps!

BxLl.gif

That just seems so bizarre for a game that has been streamlined quite a bit to expand the audience lol, but anyway.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, what's the deal with the 60 seconds loot timer? Do I miss stuff from the Questmonster or do I loot them automatically?

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
So, what's the deal with the 60 seconds loot timer? Do I miss stuff from the Questmonster or do I loot them automatically?
You have to loot them manually during the 60 seconds. The 60 seconds is a grace period in case you cart right before the quest is complete or something similar.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Also watch for parts coming off. Could be before the final part of the battle. Loot main monster corpse three times I think. Any parts just once. You can buff loot speed with food.

Was trolling during looting patched on console?

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You have to loot them manually during the 60 seconds. The 60 seconds is a grace period in case you cart right before the quest is complete or something similar.

Oh man. Did 80% of a fight alone, then people rushed in, and aggroed the "T-Rex". I then had to run away from it, while they killed the prey. I came in like 20 seconds before the timer ran out and missed most of the loot.
*sigh*

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Hope so. I don't like the looks of the character I made much but I don't want to spend so much time in the character creator yet.
Mine looks like a homeless Loki. Spent way more time with the cat lol

Oh man. Did 80% of a fight alone, then people rushed in, and aggroed the "T-Rex". I then had to run away from it, while they killed the prey. I came in like 20 seconds before the timer ran out and missed most of the loot.
*sigh*

This was me on console release day. Nothing better than spending an hour beating the monster to come away with some honey lol

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Loot them before the timer end, it's three carves per big monster so there's plenty of time unless the monster died when you're very far away in multiplayer. Carves aren't evw ythung though, you get most of the loot as rewards after the hunt.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
So, can you change the look of your character later or are you stuck with it?
In Dragon's Dogma there was a CheatEngine-table, I think, that allowed you to enter the character creator whenever you wanted (It was great).
I wouldn't be surprised if someone made something like this for this game.

Shari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So how do we capture monsters? I've got research given but the game hasn't teach me yet.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Ps4 version took for fucking ever to load quests or to return back to the main hub. Made everything feel so sluggish. I have this installed on my SSD now and everything loads in under five seconds! Console versions are unplayable now
Damn... want to get this on PS4 (Pro) sooner or later, but I can't stand long load times. Framerate and loadtimes are among the most important aspect to me. I don't care about graphics as long as they are well done and coherent and fit the rest of a game, but bad framerate and load times just diminish the overall enjoyment. :/

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was really looking forward to playing this game with my friend but seeing how convoluted the MP is and the outdated mouse and keyboard support I rather told her not to get it. Will be sticking to ESO for now.

I am having fun playing it solo with a controller tho and can see me sinking many more hours into it. It's just a shame that the main reason for my purchase is lacking.

Amakusa