• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Velkhana's armor set bonuses have been leaked. Avoid Reddit and other such places if you don't want to be spoiled.
Crit Element on an Elder Dragon level armor set is a godsend now that we won't have Kjarr weapons. Not much to say about that other than good on Capcom.

The second bonus is the odd one though. You get bonus attack (not sure how much) if you have your weapon sheathed for long enough (not sure how long), and the bonus attack only lasts for a few melee hits or ranged shots (not sure how many).

All I can say at this point is that this is 100% garbage on stuff like Lance whereas maybe it'll be OK on other weapons?
Depending on if the 4 piece bouns is a significant amount of attack, could be good for LS and GS. Can't see it for the other weapons.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
It's worth noting that the Rath pieces also had other good skills like weakness exploit and attack boost that made them viable in addition to having crit element. If Velkhana's gear has like, earplugs and evade extender or some shit, it's not going to be meta over G-rank Rath pieces.
The HR Rath pieces were barely viable because of Crit Element. They just didn't have nearly enough slots on them to keep up (seriously, the best piece was, what, 2x WEX and a level 1 slot? Get the fuck outta here).

Without knowing what any of the MR Rath pieces look like (especially when we're probably getting Silver Rath as well) all I can say is that this is almost certainly a big step up from what we have.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The HR Rath pieces were barely viable because of Crit Element. They just didn't have nearly enough slots on them to keep up (seriously, the best piece was, what, 2x WEX and a level 1 slot? Get the fuck outta here).

Without knowing what any of the MR Rath pieces look like (especially when we're probably getting Silver Rath as well) all I can say is that this is almost certainly a big step up from what we have.

I really hope so, as a bow main, because I don't want to be stuck with low-grade gear again.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Depending on if the 4 piece bouns is a significant amount of attack, could be good for LS and GS. Can't see it for the other weapons.
If Falling-Bash focused SnS is still a thing then I think it'll be good for that. Quick sheath times and you won't burn through the buff fast by going immediately into bash.

GS using this just seems like another version of Crit Draw GS, so unless the buff is massive then I'd think everyone would stick with fishing for TCSs.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
If Falling-Bash focused SnS is still a thing then I think it'll be good for that. Quick sheath times and you won't burn through the buff fast by going immediately into bash.

GS using this just seems like another version of Crit Draw GS, so unless the buff is massive then I'd think everyone would stick with fishing for TCSs.
I don't think GS would be changing their playstyle off of this, but it could still be powerful depending on how many hits the buff lasts and how strong it is. This is all moot if there is no decoration for it. Velkhana skills will probably suck lol.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think GS would be changing their playstyle off of this, but it could still be powerful depending on how many hits the buff lasts and how strong it is. This is all moot if there is no decoration for it. Velkhana skills will probably suck lol.
If the buff is big enough it could be used even if there's no deco for it and the Velkhana armor is crap otherwise.

Remember when people were actually running 3-piece Teostra B because there was no other way to get Master's Touch?

Oct 25, 2017
Hopped back in after finishing the game a year ago or whatever.

I notice that I STILL get that fucking 5038f-mw1 error.

This is the only game I have problems with. I don't get it.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I joined an Extremoth SOS because I was bored and it happened to have two guys with HR 900+.

Long story short I got carried hard and now have Layered Drachen. So I guess I'm actually done until Iceborne. Yay?

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed it's been happening a lot more lately on my XB1X

It legit makes me question whether to get this game, control, or borderlands. Honestly.

I hopped on today, forgot all about my constant frustration with that error a year ago and my inability to solve it, and it was the first thing that popped up and hit me LIKE A TON OF BRICKS.
All those memories just flooding back lol.

On a different note, getting back into this game is kinda tough I'll be honest. Mainly the combat. I have to re-learn just a bunch of stuff.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Any recommendations for the Kulve Taroth quest as a bow user? I've completed the event once which was hugely satisfying but I was carried something fierce because I felt useless and DP is just not a fun ability to use in most situations. I am a bow user through and through but I suspect there would be a suitable approach that I should sort out for myself.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
7qvMdCU.gif

Me rolling back my save to cheat the elder melder out of a second forceshot deco

Any recommendations for the Kulve Taroth quest as a bow user? I've completed the event once which was hugely satisfying but I was carried something fierce because I felt useless and DP is just not a fun ability to use in most situations. I am a bow user through and through but I suspect there would be a suitable approach that I should sort out for myself.

Thunder bow (Flying Kadachi Strikebow, assuming you didn't get either of the good Kulve thunder bows). Kulve has terrible hitzones for most weapons but is extremely, extremely weak to thunder element damage. Don't use dragon piercer because it doesn't use elemental damage. Instead, just blast away at each of her parts with regular shots. Use destroyer jewels to add the partbreaker skill to your set which will make it easier to break Kulve's parts. When you get to the final area (where she sheds the golden coat and becomes extremely mobile and dangerous), switch to an ice bow (Legia Snowfletcher) and pound away at her horns. The Snowfletcher can also put her to sleep so that you and your teammates can sleep bomb her horns.

Jesus,. this leshen fight supposed to be so fucking hard!?!?

Jesus, fucking thing has a trillion hp or something? I dont get it.

Ancient Leshen and extreme Behemoth are intended to be extremely difficult and are the most powerful multiplayer-scaled monsters in the game. They are essentially impossible to do solo unless you're like a god-tier Japanese speedrunner. Doing them with randoms is also extremely difficult, you've got to have a decently-coordinated party with at least one person healing the others.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
I don't use bow but generally you want thunder attack 3, part breaker, and bombardier and try to break as many parts in areas 1-3. For Area 4 you should switch to your best ice attack or CC set up.

Fake edit: said much better by BDS . I will add to bomb at every opportunity and bring mats for more.

Oct 25, 2017
Ancient Leshen and extreme Behemoth are intended to be extremely difficult and are the most powerful multiplayer-scaled monsters in the game. They are essentially impossible to do solo unless you're like a god-tier Japanese speedrunner. Doing them with randoms is also extremely difficult, you've got to have a decently-coordinated party with at least one person healing the others.

Ohhh, I was just talking about playing as gerhalt lol.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I bet if more people played weapons with shields we'd see just as many people complain about the drops for Ironwall decos as we do for Attack decos.

Because holy fuck those are impossible to find.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
I bet if more people played weapons with shields we'd see just as many people complain about the drops for Ironwall decos as we do for Attack decos.

Because holy fuck those are impossible to find.
I've been doing lavasioth just for those and shield jewel and so far nothing 😭.
Best I've gotten is a release jewel.

Oct 25, 2017
Just wait until you try to complete one of the sub quests.

Yeah, tried again. I gave up. Life is too short for this shit. That thing is not fun to fight in the slightest, especially with its dumb mobs and its constant teleportation.

On a different note, I got the best gear a long time ago. I think I pretty much maxed out my character. Obviously its been a long time and I am jumping back in before iceborne.

But uhh yeah, is there something I should be striving for now? I checked out the armory, and from what I can decipher, there doesn't seem to be anything that is better than my current gear, stats wise anyways. So not sure what I should be doing?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, tried again. I gave up. Life is too short for this shit. That thing is not fun to fight in the slightest, especially with its dumb mobs and its constant teleportation.

On a different note, I got the best gear a long time ago. I think I pretty much maxed out my character. Obviously its been a long time and I am jumping back in before iceborne.

But uhh yeah, is there something I should be striving for now? I checked out the armory, and from what I can decipher, there doesn't seem to be anything that is better than my current gear, stats wise anyways. So not sure what I should be doing?

The Behemoth (drachen) armor and arch-tempered elder dragon (gamma) armor, which will not appear in your armory until you beat each one, are the best available armor pieces for each weapon. But it's debatable if you should bother grinding those out with G-rank equipment three weeks away.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
But it's debatable if you should bother grinding those out with G-rank equipment three weeks away.
Yeah, at this point the best stuff to grind out would be decorations & generic materials for base game weapons/charms that'll get upgraded when IB launches.

Like we can all go on about how something like Taroth Sword Fire is the best raw LS in the game but it won't be as soon as you kill your first MR monster.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopped back in after finishing the game a year ago or whatever.

I notice that I STILL get that fucking 5038f-mw1 error.

This is the only game I have problems with. I don't get it.

Are you on PC? I had this or a similar error too until I turned off the steam overlay. I guess if you're on consoles you don't really have that luxury and got to hope for a fix by the devs

Ohhh, I was just talking about playing as gerhalt lol.
That quest really sucks, I can't help you , gave up after exactly one try lol...

Use flashpods I guess if you can!? (cause that works for Ancient Leshen)

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus,. this leshen fight supposed to be so fucking hard!?!?

Jesus, fucking thing has a trillion hp or something? I dont get it.

Normal Leshen is not that bad after you get accustomed to it's moveset (all it's attack are slow, predictable, don't hit that hard and can be blocked). You can remove the Jagras by flashing them and leaving one alive, Leshen won't summon a new pack as long as one alive. Geralt health regen mitigate it's DoT bird aura. And burning the Leshen using Igni (15 seconds cooldown I think) gives decent opening. You can also hit it with slinger shot immediately after (or before ? I forgot) he teleport to knock it down.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I'm starting to get into the Insect Glaive. But after playing the Lance for so long I'm no longer used to dealing with monster roars, wind pressure and all that stuff D:

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Finally got the platinum after 320+ hunter ranks and 125 dead Rathians. Can't wait to get into crown hunts again in Iceborne! 😒

What if I told you you could get an attack gem out of it?

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Congrats. ^

Does rathian seriously doesn't spawn at the start of the "wildspire bolero" quest?
I spent a good 10 minutes looking for her since she's one of the few crowns I'm missing but i couldn't find her or diablos.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Man, it's been over a year since Behemoth was added and there are still players that have no idea how Ecliptic Meteor works.

I get the ones that aren't good at placing comets and can't run to one fast enough. That's fine. But you've got dudes out there that keep attacking Behemoth while he's casting it even when they can see that the rest of the group has already run behind the comets. And then they do that two more times to fail the quest.

Dumbasses.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
lol

The important part is that someone apparently has the trailer already. Gamescom?
Might not even be the Gamescom trailer.

Hunter is shown with what looks like a Barioth weapon (maybe CB), while the Hunters in the trailers all have more generic shit. Could be from a review copy.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Ah, true.

Apparently the same leaker said Seregios, Gore Magala and Valstrax are in the game. But take it with a grain of salt the size of Zorah Magdaros.
Nope, not going to fall for that. Too good to be true. I'd rather think itMs false until it's real than be expecting it and have it not be. Nope... self, it's not true. Don't believe it... 😂🤣

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, it's been over a year since Behemoth was added and there are still players that have no idea how Ecliptic Meteor works.

I get the ones that aren't good at placing comets and can't run to one fast enough. That's fine. But you've got dudes out there that keep attacking Behemoth while he's casting it even when they can see that the rest of the group has already run behind the comets. And then they do that two more times to fail the quest.

Dumbasses.
Lol that happened 3 times in a row to me because I was locked in in a combo (LS) and wasn't expecting the meteors so quickly against Ex Behemoth - but then I just had to adjust and it didn't happen again (just once 😂)
All in all it took like 4 tries so way less than regular Behemoth.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone have a good guide for farming consumables? Like traps, potions, those bright flights that stun monsters etc.? I stopped Monster Hunter World after I finished the main story and did some more HR monsters, but I want to get in now again and fill everything up as much as I can and also fight the since released new monsters too. Still got my hammer skills handy, but everything else except pig petting has vanished from my brain

Siegmeyer

Nov 2, 2017
Does anyone have a good guide for farming consumables? Like traps, potions, those bright flights that stun monsters etc.? I stopped Monster Hunter World after I finished the main story and did some more HR monsters, but I want to get in now again and fill everything up as much as I can and also fight the since released new monsters too. Still got my hammer skills handy, but everything else except pig petting has vanished from my brain

You don't need to farm for any of that, just use the farm in Astera and buy trap tools from the vendor.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017

As in the farm run by your chief botanist. It cultivates up to 3 items at a time but every now and then you need to go back to him to replenish your fertilizer before it reaches 0. This can be a bit annoying when you run Kulve Taroth events.

EDIT
So for each item you want to cultivate ie honey, any bug, any fungi etc. each one will need a different fertilizer but you can only start one at a time so.... you have to do maybe an investigation, event etc. complete and go back to your botanist and start a second cultivate, select the fertilizer for it and do another investigation/event etc till you can cultivate a 3rd. After this you just top it up with Soft Soil but keep an eye out because if it runs out completely you have to start all this again....

I think you have to do some quests to unlock everything fully too....

The tail raider safari in your room you set them out to go find random stuff too

h0Wkznl.png

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So that Kulve Taroth monster.

I've joined sessions, gone to the meeting area, and nobody is there, and even if they are no one is doing that quest. I'll check, and the progress bar on it is 0%.

So what is the point of this thing?

Its one piece of content I'll never be able to do.