Status
Not open for further replies.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Nergi gun is pretty sweet as well. I'm running Ammo up 3 (kirin legs + decoration) and you can run triple close range up on it. Gets you to 4 shots per magazine on Spread 3. I think both are viable options, they just require different setups.
The one thing to keep in mind that any more than 1 close range mod is nearly 0 gains in damage
fd4AWEP.png

I see that gfaqs topic now. So all I'm gathering from this, is that we can potentially save resources by not melding at times we know we'll get garbage. But to exploit this, we have to manipulate the cloud save system because melding was made with save scumming in mind since it auto saves. Honestly this is a bit more effort than I'm willing to deal with to cheat the system.
Flash drive works too

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Anjanath hbg for spread. Better damage and higher clip size, close range/recoil/recoil mod.

Spending even a penny on ammo is wrong. Use you're garden, auto craft while you gather, and take the ammo from the supply chest. Literally sitting on 9999 of every ammo and never spent 1 zenny nor went out of my way gathering

OR I can just buy a month supply of ammo at once instead of all that annoying stuff. I guess I do ignore the supply box because I'm used to it having nothing in it in past games. But I'm not micromanaging my ammo pouch just so I can have space in it to pick up 40 free normal 2 per quest.

A good amount of my farm output goes to things like armor/demon/life powder materials, I like to have lots because I'm nice like that. I'm only just now happy with my supply levels.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
OR I can just buy a month supply of ammo at once instead of all that annoying stuff. I guess I do ignore the supply box because I'm used to it having nothing in it in past games. But I'm not micromanaging my ammo pouch just so I can have space in it to pick up 40 free normal 2 per quest.

A good amount of my farm output goes to things like armor/demon/life powder materials, I like to have lots because I'm nice like that. I'm only just now happy with my supply levels.
You don't micro manage anything. Use item loadouts

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Anjanath hbg for spread. Better damage and higher clip size, close range/recoil/recoil mod.

Spending even a penny on ammo is wrong. Use you're garden, auto craft while you gather, and take the ammo from the supply chest. Literally sitting on 9999 of every ammo and never spent 1 zenny nor went out of my way gathering

I need to utilize this. This is good advice

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Wait, what?! How do you do more?!
Wait. WHAT? I'm 126 hours in. I do the 1 hit stab and then my finisher. What else is there?

I know if you move on the monsters back with insect glaive you deal decent damage as opposed to attacking for 1. Each time you move you also swing your weapon. So it's actually beneficial to mount and spam , move, even though it costs a bit of stamina. Maybe they're referring to that, although it's weapon dependant.

Raven117

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know if you move on the monsters back with insect glaive you deal decent damage as opposed to attacking for 1. Each time you move you also swing your weapon. So it's actually beneficial to mount and spam , move, even though it costs a bit of stamina. Maybe they're referring to that, although it's weapon dependant.
Don't see this working with the long sword!

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
I try and fill up on each ammo type that bowgun can fire before I head out
You probably want to stop doing that. What ammo you're going to use is already pre-determined by your gun choice and build. Every gun is not good at firing every ammo they can use, most of the ammo they're compatible with are really bad for it, either because the ammo in question does terrible damage than an alternative, or you have skills to buff a specific ammo type, or those ammo types have horrible reload/recoil on that gun and you're not modding for them.

When you use a spread gun like neegigante or Anjanath, the only ammo you'll use is spread 3, wyvern, and cluster 2. So those are the only 3 you bring, along with materials to make more of those 3.

A pierce gun like Legiana you bring only pierce 3 and materials to make more, same as above. (And clusters/wyvern as you please, you just always bring these 2 for every gun)

Guns are specialized weapons, free up your inventory by focusing on a particular gun/build's strengths rather than its options. Like an Anjanath gun isn't as good for spread until you put a close range and 2 recoil mods on it, which also makes all the other ammo types worse as a result on it, but that's ok because spread is what I intend to shoot with it

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
You probably want to stop doing that. What ammo you're going to use is already pre-determined by your gun choice and build. Every gun is not good at firing every ammo they can use, most of the ammo they're compatible with are really bad for it, either because the ammo in question does terrible damage than an alternative, or you have skills to buff a specific ammo type, or those ammo types have horrible reload/recoil on that gun and you're not modding for them.

When you use a spread gun like neegigante or Anjanath, the only ammo you'll use is spread 3, wyvern, and cluster 2. So those are the only 3 you bring, along with materials to make more of those 3.

A pierce gun like Legiana you bring only pierce 3 and materials to make more, same as above. (And clusters/wyvern as you please, you just always bring these 2 for every gun)

Guns are specialized weapons, free up your inventory by focusing on a particular gun/build's strengths rather than its options. Like an Anjanath gun isn't as good for spread until you put a close range and 2 recoil mods on it, which also makes all the other ammo types worse as a result on it, but that's ok because spread is what I intend to shoot with it
That is interesting, I never did any of that. I use both LBG and HBG, does this advice work for HBG as well? I will start using my resource center to get more resources for my ammo

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
It's so unfair how cool Kirin's armor looks.

AND I REALLY DONT WANNA FIGHT IT AGAIN FUCK THAT

Vorheez

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so this is my first MH and it's fucking dope

But I'm concerned

Is there a limit on how much armor/weapons you can store in your inventory? It looks like there are only 3 pages worth of slots and I planned on making as many of the armor sets as possible. Hopefully I'm just missing something or reading it wrong?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

But I'm concerned

Is there a limit on how much armor/weapons you can store in your inventory? It looks like there are only 3 pages worth of slots and I planned on making as many of the armor sets as possible. Hopefully I'm just missing something or reading it wrong?
It expands as you fill up the pages. i don't think there's a limit on how much you can store.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
I been maining Bow since Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and it was mocked for being one of the weakest Weapons along side the Sword and Shield and the Hunting Horn.

But now the Bow is the 2nd most popular Weapon in the game? We Bow veterans have come a long way from being mocked, to putting up with no skill Kelbi Slingshot wannabees in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate to now basically being a rockstar.

Man I feel old.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
That is interesting, I never did any of that. I use both LBG and HBG, does this advice work for HBG as well? I will start using my resource center to get more resources for my ammo
Yes. It's especially true for HBG

But I'm concerned

Yeah, it always shows you 1 more page than you have gear and expands as you collect
So, what can i do with feystones? En how do i get higher level jewels?
Feystones automatically appraise into decos at the end of a quest/ritual. Higher HR quests give better feystones for better decos

veras

Oct 27, 2017
Any endgame gunlance lords care to share their setups and/or dream setups?

Curious to try that weapon out and looking for ideas/what's important/etc.

Hattori

Oct 25, 2017
After reloading my save 3 times and melding 12 times each save using the highest tier meld, this is what I've come up with.
screenshot2018-02-22anmsqz.png

And the good news is you can skip to the next result by doing the cheapest meld (saving you some gleaming streamstones.)
Obviously this is only good for me (unless somebody else has the same pattern) but it is possible to save scum and predict what you're going to get.

Oct 26, 2017
What is up with that shit when a friend goes on expedition, fires off a SOS and his session just doesn't appear on the list at all? Me and all my friends have been having this issue several times now. Very annoying.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
What is up with that shit when a friend goes on expedition, fires off a SOS and his session just doesn't appear on the list at all? Me and all my friends have been having this issue several times now. Very annoying.

It's a work around, but what my friends and I do is to que up a mission, then abandon and return to base camp so we're in the same expedition. Although running around in Expeditions isn't something for us to bother with anymore.

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Everyone always complaining about Bazel. Am I the only one that loves when he shows up while I'm fighting another monster? Most of the time he immediately focuses on the other monster and I back off. If he leaves first I start attacking my monster again, if mine runs off, I shoot shit at Bazel and run after my quarry.

Rathian or Rathalos are much more annoying if you're fighting their partner, they don't seem to fight each other so I have to shoot shit at them.

Finally opened rank 7 quests, Tuesday afternoon. Pink Rathian wasn't that tough, though I carted at the end because I got stunned. My brain had to adjust to the weapon bouncing off though. I did have unexpected help though....

Last edited:

Crash

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Is doing the Deep Green Blues event quest the quickest way to get hunter rank up right now? I really want to get to HR 100 before I take a break from the game and finally start playing Shadow of the Colossus lol.

Looks like completing it will give half a level each time.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Is doing the Deep Green Blues event quest the quickest way to get hunter rank up right now? I really want to get to HR 100 before I take a break from the game and finally start playing Shadow of the Colossus lol.

Yeah the 5 monster quests seem to give a lot of experience.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Attempted to find that damn ancient fossil fish for over an hour in Elder's Recess and the Vale. Nada
Was going to end it but did one last spawn in Rotten Vale, this time on LR instead of HR just as a test.

Found him on first try.

phew

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all should play the Arena Quest, especially the double blos and double chin.

So many earthquake, so many roar, so many stun, and so many carting, it's goddamn fun.

Made tons of guild card exchange yesterday playing with randoms.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
I have this set I'm using with my LS that gives me Earplugs 5, Weakness Exploit 2, Crit Draw 2, Evade Window 1 but damn it looks bad.

Kulu Head Alpha
High Metal Mail Alpha
Bazel Vembraces Alpha
Bazel Coil Beta
King Beetle Cura Alpha

Might give up 2 level of ear plugs because of the ugly body armor, don't have charm or gem with Earplug yet either...hmm

For the longsword you should go with Maximum Might 3, Crit Boost 3, Attack Boost 7, weaknes exploit 3, focus 3. Obviously you gonna need a lot of good decs but that should be your goal if you want to dish out 900 damage in one combo ;)

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Y'all should play the Arena Quest, especially the double blos and double chin.

So many earthquake, so many roar, so many stun, and so many carting, it's goddamn fun.

Made tons of guild card exchange yesterday playing with randoms.

Or go with gunlance and do both diablos solo with no sweat since they can't throw anything you can't block ;)

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
The only 1 I've gotten was from elder dragons. It's just a really high rarity 8 gem, and your best bet is warped feystones (red ones)

No it's R7 and it doesn't drop much from elders. You will have better luck with Hr30 quests as HR30 quests have peak reward at R7 and when you do elders the peak reward is R8, so you either get shit ftom R6 or good stuff from R8, very rarely anything from R7. At lest that's my expierience with decs.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017

Also eat for Felyne Exchanger for more HRP

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Okay I'm at the point where I really need sleep herbs but they aren't available to grow. How do I get the botanist to be able to grow them for me?

Crash

Oct 27, 2017
United States
The event quests have been updated.

There is another 5 monster one except in the Wildspire waste now.

Also there is one that has a tempered pink Rathian and Legiana. Description says it will give bonus HR points upon completion. I guess I'll try it out to see how much I get.

Status
Not open for further replies.