• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
All the concern about mh coming back to console seeming silly rn.

All of those posts about a "real" MH5 on handheld and folks saying Capcom not using 5 in the title as a safe way to fall back on a numerical entry are embarrassing. Even in the face of outright denial when the producer plainly stated that World is the 5th gen MH.

That one thread which assumed MHXX was immediately superior to World simply on the basis of having more monsters aged terribly.

Everyone said to wait for the G-Rank equivalent update, and Iceborne since release speaks for itself. It's overall monster list is comparable to the numbers that MH4U has, and will likely exceed that number considering future updates.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What is the best selling Monster Hunter title, and how much did it sell?

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
well deserved, still need to play Iceborne. Capcom has been knocking it out of the park these recent years and i hope that continues for a very long time

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
People still mentionning the fighting game departement when SFV is doing really well atm.
Anyways congrats to capcom. Their games are doing pretty damn good so far. Excited for the future!

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
people seem pretty happy with how SFV has shaped up over the years, no? not into fighting games myself so i don't really follow. they need to get them right at launch next time

4 years and they still haven't fixed online play. The netcode is basically giving rollback a bad name.

Let's not get started on Marvel Infinite.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Netcode sucking doesnt mean much in fighting games when everything from Japan has bad netcode. Thats like saying smash ultimate sucks because of the netcode. MVCI is also a completely different issue with way more into it lol. Netcode aside the game has been doing super well especially after the rough launch it had. Heck even Harada himself said the game was doing well.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
My 2019 playtime from the Sony year-end wrap up thread:

EOP7-c_XkAUpCqF

Very few played more Monster Hunter than me in 2019, and that doesn't even include 2018 when it came out.
This thing is busted, it has my top game as Destiny 2 at 600 hours with MHW at 200 when I haven't touched D2 past the first 2 months it came out and my MH save is at 1400h. D:

Oh, it's working properly now :D
cuZ1NHU.png

Thank you lord Capcom, I guess. :D

convo

Oct 25, 2017
MHW2 on the RE engine is gonna be amazing once their teams stop being busy with Resident Evil games and allocate them to Monster Hunter, but i'd be willing to wait a little longer with a new Dragon's Dogma coming next first.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Yeah, I'm just surprised compared to previous G versions which were also doing 3/4m. Maybe if they had also been DLC it would've changed things too though (lower retention but better legs on the base versions)?

The better comparison is probably by Generation though, and for that Gen 5 is doing fantastic and with more games to come.

Gen 1: 2m
Gen 2: 6.8m
Gen 3: 10.4m
Gen 4: 15.9m
Gen 5: 19m
I suspect a good portion of G sales in the past were people who skipped vanilla. Not that I have any data to back that up.

Last edited:

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Some might say it's on it's last legs

On it's last legianas

Back to the topic.. maybe this will change with the next gen.. right now playing MHW on PC is on another level.. just to have 60 fps it's a blessing and makes gameplay so much better. Also you can swap graphic options so the far superior version is PC right now and if you like it m/kb is another option to play.

Next Gen could bring 60 fps to MHW so maybe then it's going to a be a more fair fight.

Also I would love to see crossplay in the future.. that would be gold in a game like this.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
What is the best selling Monster Hunter title, and how much did it sell?

IIrc the last mainline title, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate sold around 4 millions, with majority of sales came from Japan (only 1 millions-ish came from West). If we count the Japanese-exclusive vanilla Monster Hunter 4, then the total is around 8 million-ish.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
MHW2 is gonna be absolute FIRE on next gen consoles. The SSD, the CPU. Holy shit. Capcom gonna blow me away again.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
This thing is busted, it has my top game as Destiny 2 at 600 hours with MHW at 200 when I haven't touched D2 past the first 2 months it came out and my MH save is at 1400h. D:

Oh, it's working properly now :D
cuZ1NHU.png

Thank you lord Capcom, I guess. :D

Lol pretty much, your top 3 and my top 2 are all Capgod by far time wise. Anyone who tells you Capcom isn't back is lying to you.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Absolutely amazing dlc sales for MHW. I 100% did not think this game would do this well. I thought its lifetime would be 10 million. but hot damn even the dlc alone is almost halfway to that number!

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
With an SSD loading is like 5 seconds on PC. It'll be great when consoles have similar performance.

Not holding my breath for 60fps on consoles. Maybe PC won't be second class citizens next time.

Congrats to Capcom. This game has surpassed even the most optimistic people's expectations, or even hopes. Well deserved, too. The G expansion has cemented it as my favorite MH of all time (which used to be MH4U).

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Monster Hunter is now where it belongs.
Get out with this atittude. I am so tired of the way some MH fans in this forum acts towards the handheld games. World is successful you dont need to act like handheld MH is something that shouldn't coexist with it.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Next gen Monster Hunter World 2 is going to be insane. I can't even fathom how it will look on the RE engine.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Wait...wow.
Is this really true lol
I'm trying to think of other stuff...hm

Is there a number for every SKU of FF7 combined?

Yes there is, it is at 12.3m.

Monster Hunter World outsold it and outsold Street Fighter 2.

I think the only Japanese games ever to sell better than this game are Nintendo games.

It won't stop here too, I guess it is headed to be the first Japanese third party title to hit 20m.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
oh, and that number was after FF7 NSW release too.

yea, it's in a tier literally all on its own.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Don't hold your breath. Capcom's MH team have this philosophy of making assets and reusing them for the next 10 - 15 years. They practically milked their PS2 assets for 4 MH generations.
They probably will be more careful now with handling the franchise with how huge it became, and going by how Iceborne is handled I think they get it, they just need to make sure PC version will be ready for launch as well.

Also I wonder how this crazy rise of popularity will affect the sales of a Switch game (if it happens) in the future.