ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's a hiring ad where they interview animators at the studio about what their work is like. you're not going to get any juicy tidbits

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
it's a hiring ad where they interview animators at the studio about what their work is like. you're not going to get any juicy tidbits
You have to read between the lines, but I'm pretty sure it's actually a stealth Dizastuh sequel announcement.

In my dreams :(

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You have to read between the lines, but I'm pretty sure it's actually a stealth Dizastuh sequel announcement.

In my dreams :(
I want a third Endless Frontier. or Project X Zone 3

or hell, make a Project Smash Zone starring all Nintendo characters

make it a gacha mobile game

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
I just noticed the 4 employees bump from March, I got used to checking after a looong time so I didn't even bother since the last update was in February. the new art is gorgeous. I wonder if we'll see a significant increase in staff following New Horizons' massive success, although their involvement wasn't on the same level as BotW this game is also going to outsell BotW. Exciting times.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just noticed the 4 employees bump from March, I got used to checking after a looong time so I didn't even bother since the last update was in February. the new art is gorgeous. I wonder if we'll see a significant increase in staff following New Horizons' massive success, although their involvement wasn't on the same level as BotW this game is also going to outsell BotW. Exciting times.
They've been seeing significant increase in staff since BotW. I don't see the impact of Animal Crossing changing their staff increase since it's growing at a great pace already

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
External games like AC are contract based, so Monolith already got payed their piece before launch and probably wont recieve milestone bonuses.
Not sure how the setup for BOTW2 might work though, if half the devs are from MSI like with the DLC there might be additional rewards.

OP
OP
Momo

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
As of today, it has been 32 months since the start of Monolith Soft's ambitious project. However, the planning phase existed several months prior to the large-scale recruitment, meaning it has existed for at least 40 months.

For the sake of comparison, the entire development cycle (spanning from the conception phase to release) for previous recent games are as follows:

Xenoblade Chronicles: ~48 months
Xenoblade Chronicles X: ~58 months
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: ~42 months + 9 months for Torna/DLC

If the new IP still exists to this day, we could get a formal reveal relatively soon. If it has a development cycle as long as Xenoblade X (unlikely since that game was their first HD developed game), it will release roughly around October 2021. I personally believe it will be released no later than June 2021. The conception phase likely started a little earlier than December 2016. Takahashi must have had some ideas about it at the time, at least enough for him to point out the coincidental timing of Atlus' announcement of Project Re Fantasy.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I believe that was just a recruitment and has nothing to do with a new IP. The next thing we should see internally is a new Xenoblade

OP
OP
Momo

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
I believe that was just a recruitment and has nothing to do with a new IP. The next thing we should see internally is a new Xenoblade

I'm just going to say that they (THAT person) don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes. That's all...

Be optimistic, Dark Cloud!

Last edited:

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Engage all hype engines!
FULL.POWER
giphy.gif

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Omg you know how much hype I had when they updated their website years ago with those new concept art?

I was ecstatic to think Monolith Soft was making a brand new IP in some medieval fantasy setting. I really want a brand new IP from them. They shouldn't be stuck to making Xenoblade. They need to GROW, Nintendo! Look how CDPR has Witcher 3 as their big series and now a brand new IP in Cyberpunk. Monolith should be growing like that

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
I agree they should do some other stuff.
Too much of anything is bad and XB is very nearly an annual franchise at this point, need to take a break and try out some new ideas.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agree they should do some other stuff.
Too much of anything is bad and XB is very nearly an annual franchise at this point, need to take a break and try out some new ideas.
If they have something new coming I didn't think we'd see it until this years September direct the earliest. With all the Covid 19 who knows anymore

OP
OP
Momo

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
I love Xenoblade, but there isn't much they can do to grow the series' popularity. I think they can create something with even more appeal. There's a reason why they have been gaining a lot of new blood over the last few years. Nintendo realizes MS's potential and will help guide them into a new age.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I love Xenoblade, but there isn't much they can do to grow the series' popularity. I think they can create something with even more appeal. There's a reason why they have been gaining a lot of new blood over the last few years. Nintendo realizes MS's potential and will help guide them into a new age.

Totally agree with this. I think that outside of drastically retooling Xenoblade, their future and big success is away from the series (sadly).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not like it's a bad thing, but it's true. Xenoblade is reaching its ceiling. They're not going to make this forever. I'd like a new IP that has greater appeal, especially from the gameplay standpoint. Xenoblade's combat, and even UI on screen, isn't the most inviting to bring new audiences in.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how you can say they've maxed it out when they've literally just shown massive growth.

It's like saying Intelligent Systems should have moved on to something more mainstream after Fire Emblem Awakening lol

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Nah the series has been growing in popularity at a much faster rate than Fire Emblem, it's not done yet

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
As of today, it has been 32 months since the start of Monolith Soft's ambitious project. However, the planning phase existed several months prior to the large-scale recruitment, meaning it has existed for at least 40 months.

For the sake of comparison, the entire development cycle (spanning from the conception phase to release) for previous recent games are as follows:

Xenoblade Chronicles: ~48 months
Xenoblade Chronicles X: ~58 months
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: ~42 months + 9 months for Torna/DLC

If the new IP still exists to this day, we could get a formal reveal relatively soon. If it has a development cycle as long as Xenoblade X (unlikely since that game was their first HD developed game), it will release roughly around October 2021. I personally believe it will be released no later than June 2021. The conception phase likely started a little earlier than December 2016. Takahashi must have had some ideas about it at the time, at least enough for him to point out the coincidental timing of Atlus' announcement of Project Re Fantasy.
Oh man, don't give me hope like that. I love Xenoblade so much but seeing that medieval concept art years ago made me so hype.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I'd add that I think they can retool the series. Keep the giant, imaginative worlds, crazy plots, etc. While shifting to more mainstream mechanics.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Medieval game, which Takahashi directly mentioned in that Famitsu interview with Hashino, could literally be a Xenoblade title.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the fire emblem comparison. Wow Fire Emblem isn't the only series to grow on Switch. Plus it added a castle to walk around. That's a huge reason for people like me to get it.

Xenoblade is already a big sprawling world. Takahashi isn't going to change the battle system like Fire Emblem didn't do to appeal to more people

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I like the idea of Xenoblade but I don't like the weird combat system

I'd be completely on-board for a new IP with pure-turn-based or pure-real-time combat instead of the strange hybrid system

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Medieval game, which Takahashi directly mentioned in that Famitsu interview with Hashino, could literally be a Xenoblade title.
It's not. It's literally its own section while Xenoblade has its own section on the website. The medieval game also said it's something different from Monolith's brand image. If it's a game it's not under the Xenoblade name

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not. It's literally its own section while Xenoblade has its own section on the website. The medieval game also said it's something different from Monolith's brand image. If it's a game it's not under the Xenoblade name
I'm sure it's their attempt at a true open-world epic à la Skyrim, Witcher 3, and BotW. It's going to be glorious.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure it's their attempt at a true open-world epic à la Skyrim, Witcher 3, and BotW. It's going to be glorious.
In an interview in 2012 they said they wanted to be like Bethesda.

www.nintendolife.com

Monolith Soft: We Want To Be Like Bethesda

Xenoblade Chronicles developer has big ambitions

We got Xenoblade Chronicles X, which is great. I believe that type of open game has a chance of bigger appeal, but that combat and I think characters holds it back imo.

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
I'm expecting to see a teaser for the new IP in the fall direct or first direct next year. I don't think the game will come out this year (I originally thought it may be a December game) with the current situation.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the idea of Xenoblade but I don't like the weird combat system

I'd be completely on-board for a new IP with pure-turn-based or pure-real-time combat instead of the strange hybrid system
Skitzzo has said something similar. He's a big Nintendo fan too, but that combat is a turn off to him. The UI he mentioned too and he loves JRPG's like Dragon Quest

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
still believe we'll see not-Xenoblade before we see Xenoblade 3. if it's called Xenoblade, it'll probably be given a subtitle

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was a guy on twitter who said he knows some people at Monolith and said there is new no IP from the medieval concept art. He said he was told by some Monolith employees that's just recruiting advertisement.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't buy that. Nothing gets leaked from Monolith and Retro.
The reason he came off as reliable is because he posted original work Monolith Soft had for Xenoblade that's never been released in public. Funny thing is he posted Xenoblade Chronicles X storyboard work on twitter to show how Monolith had an original main protagonist for XCX and Elma today.