Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The girl who stole the package seems like a very slow runner, maybe it's just the perspective of the video but it doesn't look much more than a gentle jog. You'd think she'd be booking it instead of giving up so easily.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
The only people who are dumber than thieves are the ones chasing thieves. What is there to gain? And you are potentially risking your life.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Package thiefs are just behind office lunch thief for most pathetic criminals. Like, they don't we even know what they've stolen until they've actually stolen it.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, amazing. Fuck package thieves.

Surely if you're going to steal things on foot, you should be able to run more that 20 feet before getting tired.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
It's not surprising more and more people do this when the police doesn't do anything about it. I see so many package theft alerts on the Nextdoor app for my neighborhood and I'm not even in a bad neighborhood.

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
The only people who are dumber than thieves are the ones chasing thieves. What is there to gain? And you are potentially risking your life.
Have you ever had stuff stolen and reported it to the Police? They don't care! My partners mobile phone was recently stolen, but still had a tracker on it, we told the police where the phone was reporting from (before they turned it off again) and they literally just said "We don't have the right to go to that address and ask them, sorry, this case is closed".

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
lmao, they don't even actually deliver the package sometimes. I've literally sat on my porch as a FedEx driver stepped up to my door with one of those paper "missed you" notes without even carrying the goddamn package. They don't give a fuck. Honestly, if I had to do that job I wouldn't either.
Yeah, I don't blame them. They've got a quota to make and it's especially rough during the holiday season with so many packages being shipped.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You could probably get Amazon to just replace the item. No reason to potentially get killed or hurt over.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Have you ever had stuff stolen and reported it to the Police? They don't care! My partners mobile phone was recently stolen, but still had a tracker on it, we told the police where the phone was reporting from (before they turned it off again) and they literally just said "We don't have the right to go to that address and ask them, sorry, this case is closed".
Sure. But why risk your life for an item? I my place is ever getting robbed, I'm running. Things are replaceable.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Last year there was a sizable defense force for porch package thieves with the narrative that they must really need the packages more than those who actually ordered/paid for them and that we should really feel bad for the thieves (even those that would drive up in cars).
Glad to see that this thread doesn't have that nonsense.

PipefishUK

Oct 25, 2017
Is it that much of a huge thing over there, having packages stolen?

I lived in what was considered a bad area when I was growing up (in the UK) and had packages left on the step at the side of the house - in view of the street. Nothing ever got stolen. We got burgled there once, but never had a package stolen.

Where I live now, we have so many packages left on the front doorstep and nothing is ever stolen.

They'd leave them with the neighbours usually, but if non of them are in they leave them on the front step.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I used to live in what was considered a bad area when I was growing up (in the UK) and had packages left on the step at the side of the house - in view of the street. Nothing ever got stolen. We got burgled the once, but never had a package stolen.

Where I live now, we have so many packages left on the front doorstep and nothing is ever stolen.

They'd leave them with the neighbours usually, but if non of them are in they leave them on the front step.

Depends on the area.
I've had hundreds of packages left on the front stoop with no problem, but there are a lot of places where it's risky to leave something by the door.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Lmao @ that low ass speed chase
Thiiiiiiis! That shit laid me out man.

lmao, they don't even actually deliver the package sometimes. I've literally sat on my porch as a FedEx driver stepped up to my door with one of those paper "missed you" notes without even carrying the goddamn package. They don't give a fuck. Honestly, if I had to do that job I wouldn't either.

Ahhhhhhhhhahahahahahahah

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Really torn about this video. On one hand, package thieves are fucking scum, on the other hand the package thief is wearing a Teenage Bottlerocket shirt.

Deleted member 7777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what's the legality of shitting in an amazon box and leaving it on my front steps?

And what if i somehow spring load the shit?

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I lived in what was considered a bad area when I was growing up (in the UK) and had packages left on the step at the side of the house - in view of the street. Nothing ever got stolen. We got burgled there once, but never had a package stolen.

Most of my package are fine but I've had a few stolen but I also live in the middle of Philly so I think it's expected. I've never had trouble getting a replacement sent free of charge tho.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
I am going to guess we are going to start seeing "Parcel Lockers" at people's doorsteps. Amazon, USPS, UPS, Fedex all having electronic keys to retrieve and deposit.
Eventually thieves will stop when every person has a video doorbell.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I probably would have dogged her ass all day until she left the neighborhood and was so freaked out she never came back to mine.

Oct 25, 2017
I am going to guess we are going to start seeing "Parcel Lockers" at people's doorsteps. Amazon, USPS, UPS, Fedex all having electronic keys to retrieve and deposit.
Eventually thieves will stop when every person has a video doorbell.

There's been a few cool looking ones on Shark Tank but no buyers. One guy had a great idea where it used the free app information from UPS USPS and FedEx where it pulled all tracking data on packages coming to you. So when the driver arrived he scanned the package barcode on a reader on the box and it would unlock because it matches the tracking data. Then open, place it inside

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
There's been a few cool looking ones on Shark Tank but no buyers. One guy had a great idea where it used the free app information from UPS USPS and FedEx where it pulled all tracking data on packages coming to you. So when the driver arrived he scanned the package barcode on a reader on the box and it would unlock because it matches the tracking data. Then open, place it inside
I feel like any delivery person isn't gonna deal with that and just chuck it on your door.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
haha
1Y3euUr.gif

lmao

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand this. Why would you steal something if you don't even know what it is??

The chance of getting caught is incredibly low, so the cost is practically zero.
The value is certainly greater than zero.

= profit.

Especially around Christmas, people don't just order staplers and USB-cords, they order presents.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Last year there was a sizable defense force for porch package thieves with the narrative that they must really need the packages more than those who actually ordered/paid for them and that we should really feel bad for the thieves (even those that would drive up in cars).
Glad to see that this thread doesn't have that nonsense.

Please tell me you're joking.