• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Super in-depth player guidebook for everyone
  • OP
    OP
    donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
    Verified
    Oct 24, 2017
    While you're waiting, the Extreme Evolution Gundam crew just released a player guide for all levels of expertise:

No more having to attempt to translate JP wikis since it's all there!

wtf. I didn't know this existed. Do they have a lot of exclusive mobile suits?
    Yeah they have a few like Nu Zeon Gundam and Moon Gundam

Last edited:
    Video tutorials and tips/tricks
  • OP
    OP
    donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
    Verified
    Oct 24, 2017
    So downloaded based on just trying something new. And I literally walked into the MVC of gundam this is a weird game any simple to follow vids, wish it had a in game tutorial besides reading
    Like MistaTwo said, check out the threadmark with the big ass guide. Definitely the most in-depth English guide for the series, ever.

And also check these out (will threadmark, too).

I'm fully prepared to team up with nothing but Wing Zero's and Death Scythe's launch week haha.
    Sorry sir, but it's Lupus Rex and Bael time.

Beginner’s suit guide
  • OP
    OP
    donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
    Verified
    Oct 24, 2017
    How does one boost the volume of tracks in MBON? Will I need an external program?
    Yeah you do. A bit unfortunate considering you could do that in Full Boost
    It's probably worth putting the two google docs into the OP. I found them super helpful in explaining mechanics I bumbled through in VS

Yeah, I'll drop them in a bit but I've thread marked the first one at the very least for now. Haven't seen that second one, so thanks for sharing that!

EDIT: Hmmm, some of those seem like a misnomer in their difficulty. Like it says Zabanya is hard, but I'd argue it's harder to use Reborns in comparison who is listed as intermediate.

I suppose from a beginner standpoint (which it was made for his friends getting into the game) it would make sense considering Reborns has more obvious tools, but that's a unit that definitely scales tremendously with the skill of the player.

Last edited:
    Video lecture series on MBON gameplay
  • OP
    OP
    donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
    Verified
    Oct 24, 2017
    Some good stuff to check out if you want to learn how to pressure people the right way.

The whole lecture series is great for all as well. Not too long and easy to understand.

Basic Controls Vid using RX-78-02
  • OP
    OP
    donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
    Verified
    Oct 24, 2017
    I've always been a Gundam fan and bought this because it sounds super awesome, but holy shit is this impenetrable to someone who's never played these games. I don't even see an obvious training mode. Every attack I do seems to miss, and I'm just getting totally steamrolled.

In regards to the person saying Xi, if you're going online I wouldn't recommend a 3k starting out. Finding a 2k or maybe 2.5k you like would be significantly better because other players will zero in on a brand new player on a 3k right away and just dogpile you.
    Yeah, I was going to say 3ks for newcomers aren't really recommended due to the fact you are the anchor of the team and a lot of people online will easily smell the lack of experience.

Also, this vid in conjunction with the threadmarked stuff I added will help you out with the basics (especially since RX-78 is being featured)