• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Might have varied from contract to contract. There's been a bunch of games that launched at the same time on other platforms. Sayonara Wild Hearts, Bradwell Conspiracy, Roundguard, etc

yeah some devs had AA exclusivity and some got freedom after 6 months, that is what i got from those tweets/etc. Currently im not subscribed by the way.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
yeah some devs had AA exclusivity and some got freedom after 6 months, that is what i got from those tweets/etc. Currently im not subscribed by the way.

Interesting, Thanks!

Other free games now:
- Lara Croft Go
- Monument Valley 2
- Kontrast
- Sidewords
- She & The Light Bearer

Varies platform by platform

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like it's going to be another week without an Apple Arcade title given the updates that are showing up

So far Shinsekai, The Pinball Wizard and Stellar Commanders got big content updates with Pac Man Party Royale getting achievements.

Shantae also got its second part finishing the game.

Last edited:

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to buy Holedown as it was half price.

...I can't remember the last time I got this addicted to a game...

statha

Feb 15, 2018
As my S2 Tab has died recently I was thinking of getting an iPad Air (2019) to fill th spot and return to IOS (as my last IOS device was a 4S), I got some questions:

1. Is the Air 2019 sufficient for gaming, or do you need a Pro to be futureproof?
2. Is there a way of "buying" IOS apps without a device nowadays? - got an Apple account and I checked iTunes does not show apps since an update some time ago and I'm still about a month before getting the device.
3. What do you use to check "deals", discounts and free games? Does it support "wishlist"?

Thanks a lot!

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Few notable releases:

apps.apple.com

‎Bomb Chicken

‎After a freak accident, a seemingly ordinary chicken becomes a bomb laying free range hero. Explore the versatile mechanic of laying bombs in this explosive exploration platformer. Discover the darkest kept secret of the fast food giant known as BFC, their best selling addictive blue hot...

apps.apple.com

‎Totally Reliable Delivery

‎Buckle up your back brace and fire up the delivery truck, it's time to deliver! Join up to three of your friends and haphazardly get the job done in an interactive sandbox world. Delivery attempted, that's a Totally Reliable Delivery Service guarantee! FEATURES: - Single Campaign and Online...

March Recap
OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
March Recap

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Path to Mnemosyne
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Roundguard (Apple Arcade)
100x100bb.jpg

iOS

Anima ARPG (2020)
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Seven Scrolls
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Spyder (Apple Arcade)
100x100bb.jpg

iOS

Reventure
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Snake Core
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Nice recap. Think Bomb Chicken certainly would be worthy of a place in it. It's excellent! Or maybe you'd consider it an April release. :)

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Bomb Chicken is a blast. Controls are great and it's challenging but rewarding when you pass a level and even more so when you collect everything on it.

Probably my favorite Nitrome release yet!

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
And here I thought Nitrome would never release another paid game on mobile. Glad they did for this one!

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Tako Boy Studios (Candies 'n Curses) is developing a card battler that looks inspired by Final Fantasy's Triple Triad:

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Some good $2.99 deals tonight, including Locke's Quest, Aces of the Luftwaffe Squadron, This is the Police 2 and Book is Demons.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to buy Holedown as it was half price.

...I can't remember the last time I got this addicted to a game...
Holedown is an amazing game but also kinda disappointing because you get to the last "endless" planet is only a couple of hours and then there's like nothing else to do... I'm at a point now where I have deleted my save 2-3 times now to start again from scratch.

It's an amazing gameplay loop but I wish it was more fleshed out.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
apps.apple.com

‎Door Kickers: Action Squad

‎Door Kickers: Action Squad is a crazy old school side scroller action game that puts you in the role of a SWAT trooper and sends you to deal with the bad guys in Nowhere City USA. Choose your gear, then kick the doors down and face the action. Adapt and react by the seat of your pants, and if...

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
If anyone is still playing Seabeard, I just discovered it and I am enjoying it. I'm at ZZ36B-7GFJL.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
New Spyder update improved camera controls by allowing one finger on the right to move it. Camera also still pans on its own but the control changes make this much more playable for me! Now I'll play through it. Was waiting for that fix.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
On top of Grindstone, Rayman Mini and Dodo Peak also gpt updated with new levels. Between the slew of updates for games (thanks to Apple's very generous money) and the latest releases that got better, it's starting to feel more like it.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just happy Spyder got updated with better controls for the camera. Finally gonna dig into it more.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
twitter.com

Feral Interactive on Twitter

“Company of Heroes is coming to iPhone and Android later this year. 💥 The classic World War II RTS is set to invade new territory with its compelling combination of a fast-moving campaign, dynamic combat environments, and squad-based tactics, all optimised for mobile gaming.”

Beat Hazard 2 live on iOS:
apps.apple.com

‎Beat Hazard 2

‎Experience your music collection as never before with this intense music driven arcade shooter. Each of your songs will have its own unique ebb and flow based on the music. Beat Hazard 2 seamlessly mixes the love of gaming and music. Together they become greater than the sum of their parts...

Last edited:

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Spellforce - Heroes & Magic is on sale for $ 2,99 / 3,99€
Anyone played it?

apps.apple.com

‎SpellForce - Heroes & Magic

‎Time for a new turn on the critically acclaimed SpellForce-Series. The epic fantasy saga is finally available on mobile devices, offering a whole new angle to the franchise. Leaving the story of its PC ancestors untouched and comes indeed 100%-story free, the Premium Game will offer turn-based...

campbell

Oct 27, 2017
Spellforce - Heroes & Magic is on sale for $ 2,99 / 3,99€
Anyone played it?

apps.apple.com

‎SpellForce - Heroes & Magic

‎Time for a new turn on the critically acclaimed SpellForce-Series. The epic fantasy saga is finally available on mobile devices, offering a whole new angle to the franchise. Leaving the story of its PC ancestors untouched and comes indeed 100%-story free, the Premium Game will offer turn-based...

Unless it got a lot of fixes since launch, it's not great. Buggy, slow, uninteresting.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
well, i tried it on PC and a giant NOPE. Uninteresting, bland, generic and always the same thing over and over. Pass
Huh? Dead Cells uninteresting and bland? Never heard anyone say that before. Was on many GOTY lists.

Fantastic game and works surprisingly well on mobile.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Looks great! Wonder if we're going to get one this week?

Both from that announcement so early and Easter (plus we got one last week), I'm thinking we'll not see much except updates. Although KO_OP (folks behind the DLC for Lara Croft GO and GNOG) have nearly completed Winding Worlds so it could come soon to the service as well.

Like Secret Oops should get an update this week at least.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Both from that announcement so early and Easter (plus we got one last week), I'm thinking we'll not see much except updates. Although KO_OP (folks behind the DLC for Lara Croft GO and GNOG) have nearly completed Winding Worlds so it could come soon to the service as well.

Like Secret Oops should get an update this week at least.

Beyond Blue also supposed to be released this month.

www.beyondbluegame.com

Beyond Blue - Available Now for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Apple Arcade

A single-player narrative adventure that takes you deep into our planet’s beating blue heart.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Anyone playing Knighthood? I started playing it few days ago and it's so much fun. Game looks great and is really fun to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.