• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I have about 13 euros to spend on Google Play (games and apps). Moved to a new country and want to use my credit because after I change currency my money will be gone. Not really interested in game that demand a lot of time to be completed.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Any recommendations for good offline RPGs that are only on mobile and are playable in small chunks? Preferably with turn based combat because virtual buttons suck. But if it plays well with a touch screen I am not totally against a more action-heavy game.

I am open for everything that isn't gacha- oder premium-currency infested and that can be played offline. Of course I am willing to spend a few Euros in exchange for no microtransactions and gacha/GaaS-mechanics. Old or new games doesn't matter. I only have android devices, so no Apple exlusives please.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Any recommendations for good offline RPGs that are only on mobile and are playable in small chunks? Preferably with turn based combat because virtual buttons suck. But if it plays well with a touch screen I am not totally against a more action-heavy game.

I am open for everything that isn't gacha- oder premium-currency infested and that can be played offline. Of course I am willing to spend a few Euros in exchange for no microtransactions and gacha/GaaS-mechanics. Old or new games doesn't matter. I only have android devices, so no Apple exlusives please.
-Postknight
-Lost Frontier
-Galaxy of Pen and Paper
-Ticket to Earth
-Siralim 3

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
-Postknight
-Lost Frontier
-Galaxy of Pen and Paper
-Ticket to Earth
-Siralim 3
Thanks. Siralim 3 and Galaxy of P&P are on other platforms though. Postknight looks cute. But it has in-app purchases and kinda looks like your typical mobile grinder. Does it have a good story and clear start and end or is it basically endless?

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
New batch of Apple Arcade titles:
Monomals by picomy
The Mosaic by RawFury
Super Mega Mini Party by Red Games
Star Fetched by CM_Games
Jumper Jon by OgrePixel

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
So, for Apple Arcade, what's really been "must play" since the intial release drop? (Of which, by my own admission, I'm still working through games from. haha)

Depends on the genre and if you're looking for multiplayer but great games I've tried that have been added since launch are:
- Pilgrims
- INMOST
- Manifold Garden
- Mosaic

There's ton I haven't played yet.

Today's drop, in line with the past few weeks, seems to confirm that 4-5 games will drop every friday at 14:00 CEST.

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. Siralim 3 and Galaxy of P&P are on other platforms though. Postknight looks cute. But it has in-app purchases and kinda looks like your typical mobile grinder. Does it have a good story and clear start and end or is it basically endless?
It has an end but yeah, there is some grind to get to there. IAPs are just to speed things up. Story is pretty generic.

GoP&P yeah is on PC but I personally think it plays best on mobile. The game is just clicks and the whole quest and progression systems are speedy that make it easy playing in short bursts. Kinda like how some Switch players like to play certain ports on it even when they have PCs that can play those games.

Here are some more too:
-Battleheart 2
-Void Tyrant
-Teen Titans GO Figure

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Not really fond of last batch of Apple Arcade games....

Also...I was hoping to see Diablo mobile as well....but they hid it away and this was the only things I could find.

I think you'll like The Mosaic, this is the standout for me this week.

Monomals is also really unique and full of charms. I played a bit of Super Mega Mini Party and it was fun with 4 players after learning how to play the different games.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I think you'll like The Mosaic, this is the standout for me this week.

Monomals is also really unique and full of charms. I played a bit of Super Mega Mini Party and it was fun with 4 players after learning how to play the different games.

I tried Mosaic for almost 2 hours. Twice. It's really well done and it is really really damn good at displaying a dystopian boring world where you are little gear in a giant mechanism....it's actually so damn good at it I passed twice while playing it.
I'll try it again tomorrow.
I also confess I played like 30 mins the clicker.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Took a bit to get going and get its hooks into me but Yaga is a really good action RPG. The way choices factor into your choices is well done with actual consequences and not just a gimmick. Very well written as well.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
The relaunch of Bastion with iPhone X support is live and free for a limited time.

FYI: You need to redeem a free in-app purchase to get the full game free.

Just play for 5 seconds until you get the menu button and you can find it there.
Not really fond of last batch of Apple Arcade games....

Also...I was hoping to see Diablo mobile as well....but they hid it away and this was the only things I could find.

Looks really good from the updated video. I don't mind it not being developed by Blizzard, hit as long as they have input in the quality I think it can turn out well.

The make or break for it will really be the monetization. They still say they dont have any details finalized for it.

I'm not expecting this to just be Diablo 3 in my phone, but as long as it's fun and the monetization isn't too bad I think it'll be a pretty great mobile game.

Last edited:

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Diablo could be soooo good on mobile. But I'm sure it will be such a f2p to the max game, with zilliions of currencies, in app purchases and other nonsense, that I will never touch it.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hope they patch Bastion. It runs terribly on my iPad Pro 10.5 and my wife's iPhone 8+.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
According to 9to5mac three more games will pop up soon including Marble it up Mayhem! By Bad Habit Productions
Takeshi & Hiroshi by Oink Games
And Ufo on Tape by Revolutionary Concepts

Holy crap! I've been dying to play Marble It Up! Had no idea it was coming to Arcade.

Looking forward to it!

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Downloading now. Guildings looks great... except it mentions it's episodic. Sigh.

Last week I enjoyed Monomals. I couldn't get into the musical creation aspect, but it's cool that's there. I don't want to talk about Mosaic. I'm kind of tired of these overly bleak games...

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Nice. Downloading now. Guildings looks great... except it mentions it's episodic. Sigh.

Last week I enjoyed Monomals. I couldn't get into the musical creation aspect, but it's cool that's there. I don't want to talk about Mosaic. I'm kind of tired of these overly bleak games...

I've played Guildlings a long long time ago and it wasn't there yet. Looking forward to see if that has improved!

Some interesting games once again!

Hiroshi is exactly the type of games I've signed up for, those kind of experimental quirky games.
Guildlings is supposed to be extremely funny.
UFO on Tape us from a talented developer.
Marble it Up sounds great, got great reviews and feature the updates like 10 players online multiplayer.
Discolored sounds like it could be a great puzzler.

Arcade continues to deliver.

Last edited:

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
This is easily the best overall week since launch. I had been worried as only Manifold Garden had really stood out post launch.

About 45 minutes in and Guildings is interesting. The game seems very simple, but also different from anything I've played before. The game is very enthusiastic which I like (or at least i play that way:)

Marble it Up is a great ball roller. I flew through the first world with all golds (there's still diamond? to get). Discolored seems neat too, but they forgot to add an invert-y axis option,. Ugh. I know it's not an action game, but it still fucks with my mind so I didn't play much yet.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Over the Alps is really a gem.
More people should play it.
It really evolves into something special, with great and engaging story and wonderful characters.
Another highly recommended AA game.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Over the Alps is really a gem.
More people should play it.
It really evolves into something special, with great and engaging story and wonderful characters.
Another highly recommended AA game.

Can only second that.

Edit: Over the Alps done and what an adventure! Felt like a Spy/Bond take on 80 Days (and working with INK as well) while featuring some great artwork and top notch writing. Was enthralled from start to finish.

Last edited:

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I know it was one of the first 'front line' Apple Arcade games but coming from months of Zelda on Switch last summer I didn't really play it till today....Oceanhorn 2 (I enjoyed first episode back in the days) is a technical marvel.
Can't say if it can be compared to Breath fo the Wild (probably not) but at least technically it's simply amazing on iPhone X.

Also, and I know I'm repeating myself, it's so good to play a game FINALLY truly optimized that despite 3D graphics/shaders/and the like...doesn't turn your iPhone in a toaster nor cut the battery like a hot knife into butter....can't say the same for TOO MANY WAY LESS IMPRESSIVE/DEMANDING AA GAMES.

Now that I've seen Witcher on Switch (which is pure technical magic), I'm positive latest iOS devices could run almost anything.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
What an oversight not to release it on iOS. Especially with the native controller support in iOS 13.

Isn't it a problem with the codec Apple refuses to include or something?

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
What an oversight not to release it on iOS. Especially with the native controller support in iOS 13.

Isn't it a problem with the codec Apple refuses to include or something?

Nope it's all on Google. As I said, it's not even there for most Android phones anyways. This is a soft, soft, soft-launch (even more so with the dull lineup) until the full service comes next year with the free part and more devices. Microsoft's offer should be more robust.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
It will come to iOS of course anyway.
At first only people who bought the founders edition (controller+chrome device+games bundle) will be able to play (on chrome devices and on pixels as far as I know), but seeing the iOS app already available....I guess it won't be that long before it will be available everywhere (you are still required to have a google stadia account of course which is a paid affair).

You can actually use it if you have an invite code...so maybe we will see something in the near future (I'm assuming it's for reviewers or special Google bundles).

The service is supposed to be available in few days for first paying customers...so we will hear more soonish.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I personally don't really want to play on my phone anyway. Maybe on an iPad on vacations, but I already have so many fantastic iOS games I don't play, so not sure if it makes any sense for me. Especially if Microsoft creates a comparable service I could use with tons of games from Game Pass and the Xbox store...

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Speaking of project xCloud rumors says today MS will reveal something more about it.
I hope it's better than what Google said yesterday about Stadia tough...

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017

(We already knew about the game, this is just a new trailer and with a 2020 confirmation.)

Edit:

New Apple Arcade game(s) for this week:
- Rosie's Reality

Last edited:

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Holy Cow! The extremely generous free-to-play Diablo-like Path of Exile is coming to mobile in an uncompromised version. This might finally be the best dungeon crawler without massive cash shops and other bullshit: