• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
The universal DH needed to happen yesterday but almost everything else in that list is going the wrong way.

The 3 batter minimum is an abomination. Shame on whoever proposed that

Agreed on the universal DH (NEEDS to happen) and that the 3 batter min is atrocious. I think the 20 second pitch clock is great and I have no issue with allowing the active roster to expand by 1

Oct 25, 2017
If you guys were betting, where do you think Harper and Machado end up???

I know this is a boring guess but I say Harper to the Phillies(possibly Yankees) and Machado to the White Sox.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed on the universal DH (NEEDS to happen) and that the 3 batter min is atrocious. I think the 20 second pitch clock is great and I have no issue with allowing the active roster to expand by 1
I have no issue with a roster expand, I have issues with limiting the number of pitchers though.

also
wtf is "Draft advantages for winning teams and penalties for losing teams "
I know there is an issue with teams tanking to get better picks right now, but that is a side effect of trying to balance things so the rich teams don't just keep getting richer. Removing those to stop teams tanking will just result in teams seemingly tanking because they can't compete at all.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The PA should be all for making the draft penalize perrenial losers. That way it fixes the mid-tier FA market that has completely disintegrated the last several years. It's never going to happen because "small market" (which is a hilarious connotation we give fucking Billionaires who own a Billion+ dollar sporting franchise) owners will NEVER sign off on that.

Limiting the number of pitching changes per game makes it fundamentally more not baseball anymore. At some point you have to stop trying to "fix" things and just accept that some aspects of the game are an inherent part of the fucking game. Baseball shouldn't have a clock.

You wanna fix the issue? Make it so there isn't 8 minutes of commercial PER PITCHING CHANGE. Bam. "Issue" solved.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting rid of the draft altogether would be nice
It really wouldn't be.

People who say things like this don't actually remember how dumb it was when there wasn't any competitive balance whatsoever and bullshit would happen in the draft like the best players just refusing to sign for anything other than massive bonuses that only the Yankees could pay, so they had the best major league roster and also the best farm system perpetually.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It really wouldn't be.

People who say things like this don't actually remember how dumb it was when there wasn't any competitive balance whatsoever and bullshit would happen in the draft like the best players just refusing to sign for anything other than massive bonuses that only the Yankees could pay, so they had the best major league roster and also the best farm system perpetually.

Have an annual cap on signing money, similar to what they do with international players. Put more reward on teams with the best scouting and development, rather than just who stinks the most. It's not like it's impossible for the mid-small markets to sign top players out of the DR.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Next up: Automatic playoff spots for teams that haven't made the playoffs for 5 years. M's time to shine.

Malo

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Bronx, NY
Yankee fans limited to three "27 rings" shouts per season.
baseballyankeefans.gif

snogrigg

Sep 11, 2018
I hate that so much. This is something you can consider once you have Harper/Machado. Why sell the future if you don't have the piece that is going to push you over the top anyways?

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Well shit

I was hoping that Realmuto would go outside of the NL East

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sixto has conditioning concerns but he's still a top level piece. It's a good deal for the Marlins but IDK what the Phillies are doing if they whiff on Harper.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta could have beaten that offer, and they SHOULD have given how the rest of the division got better for the next 2 seasons or so while the Braves chose to build off their NL East title with a bunch of young guys with more in the minors by doing......absolutely nothing outside of 1 year of Josh Donaldson.

I don't understand it. All 20 of these "legit" mlb prospects can't all make the bigs for you. Why sit on this hoard while everyone around you gets better? Why sit on this money when everyone around you is spending their money to get better?

They got worse at C, worse in RF, and worse in the rotation. The only area they improved was an area that didn't even need it.

It fucking infuriates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.