• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
kotaku.com

Minecraft Dungeons Is A Fun But Stripped-Down Dungeon Brawler

I’ve spent a few hours clicking through Minecraft Dungeons’ isometric world and, despite how shallow it feels, I’d be content to click through it for several more. Mojang’s attempt to spin its massively popular crafting game into a small Diablo-like is successful, limited only by the narrow...
Sorry but,

It's a great pre-breakfast or afternoon snack, but less of a meal in itself.
pre-breakfast snack is a thing in the US? D:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Hm interesting choice. Would have thought that any subsequent releases would be exclusive.

It's definitely weird seeing Microsoft as a third party publisher on PS4 and Switch sales charts.

Good choice on their part though. They've sold 150 million copies of Minecraft since buying it. No way they would've reached that if they suddenly made it Windows/Xbox exclusive after buying it. Would've pissed off everyone who played it already on other formats.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Never played Mincecraft but have this preloaded so I'm essentially going in blind as far as the franchise goes.

Interested that the negative review in the OP seem to come down to 'its for kids'.

Hm interesting choice. Would have thought that any subsequent releases would be exclusive.
There's a sizeable install base of MC players there already, they'd be foolish not to tap into them. Ofc it doesn't stop them releasing content exclusive to Xbox/Windows and may not run through to future generations.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Because I would have liked a 40$ game with 40$ content a lot more than wasting this potential as a 20$ game for 20$ content. What's so hard to understand about that?

They only have 1 release, 1 chance to make it right, once they decided it will have this content and that price, there's no alternative anymore. So people who would have loved a lot more maps, enemies, gear, variety or a longer story are the looser in this situation. What you basically say here is this:

553.jpg
And the game will more than likely get that, just like the original Minecraft got.

Is there new gameplay + in this, or as most dungeon crawlers go, beat the game once and then play through again on a higher difficulty with better loot? That's all that matters. Before Diablo 3 got all their end game content, I had replayed the campaign like 4 times just to get stronger and better loot. It's going to be a GaaS

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really like the aesthetic and the shallow loot/rpg system. Looks like Diablo for kids, so i'll download it for them via XGP

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to trying it. Not expecting it to replace Diablo but I'm sure I'll have a good time with it. Also hoping for this to have a long life of updates over the years.

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
Watched the Giantbomb quick look this morning, and all this hype i had for this game has been drained. It seems short, and even a little shallow.

I'd probably gravitate back toward Diablo 3 over this, which is unfortunate because i love the look/style of this.

Edit: Price isn't a concern of mine. I'm a middle-aged adult with plenty of disposable income. So "short" just means little replay value for me.
How long is Diablo 3 for you?

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I've been looking forward to this since the announce. I'm gonna try it on Game Pass and if I like it enough I'll buy the Switch version so I can play on the go. :D

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, you can see the Xbox Game Studios logo on PS4 in this game? Don't want to make console wars discussions and those bullshits, just want to know this.