• Milk first

Votes: 53 4.3%
  • Layer method

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna experiment with 30 percent milk first, half cereal, milk again, and then rest of cereal. So a cereal lasagna of sorts. Maybe the best of both worlds?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
If you do milk first the cereal is going to float on the top and spill over.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
If you do milk first, you'll get less cereals. You can always top up with more milk after a few bites if it's not wet enough

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Whichever one you have the least of should be poured first, you pour the second one to match however much of the first one you have in your bowl. If both are new though, I put the cereal in first.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Do whatever you prefer.
There's no right or wrong way, as much as people would like to tell you and joke about it.

I personally prefer warm milk with my cereal as I don't like the taste of cold milk. So I warm it up lightly and then put cereal on top. That way cereals don't instantly turn soggy and I get to have it with warm milk.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I put milk first

I also put ketchup on hot dogs

I also do 50 posts per page with light theme

*folds arms and smiles*

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
3USgt2g.gif

Dry cereal for life. Still like it with milk though.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I used the Stanford Algorithm to get the right ratio and procedure and now my boss is eating my bowl of cereal.

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
The cereal/milk order is the ultimate litmus test for whether a person is capable of self-governing. To put cereal first and then milk is an easy, convenient task and one which we all recognize as the correct, appropriate thing to do. To put cereal first and then milk is objectively right. There are no situations other than dire emergencies in which a person is not able to follow this order. Simultaneously, it is not illegal to put milk first and then cereal. Therefore the cereal/milk order presents itself as the apex example of whether a person will do what is right without being forced to do it.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I put the milk on the floor first.

Then I pour the cereal on the floor, into the pool of milk.

Then I strip down and writhe in the cereal and milk, creating a slurry that enters my pores and allows me to understand the runic speech that the cereal communicates in.

The Chex told me the future.

moeman

Oct 25, 2017
I usually do milk first because I like for my cereal to remain crunchy while eating it. Pouring milk over the cereal makes the top part wet which I don't like.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on the cereal. Heavier cereal it doesn't matter, but putting the milk in before pouring rice krispies is a spillage waiting to happen.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think I've ever met a person that puts the milk first. I'm actually relieved. What kind of monster puts the milk first? That reduces your overall cereal mass potential. Your cereal is gonna spill out of the bowl.

TrubbleFrog

Feb 23, 2018
I'm gonna experiment with 30 percent milk first, half cereal, milk again, and then rest of cereal. So a cereal lasagna of sorts. Maybe the best of both worlds?

This sounds like the worst of both. The best part of pouring milk onto cereal is that it moistens the cereal up while you're still getting the crisp, non-soggy feeling of freshly poured cereal. You eventually get some soggy bits, but not enough that your breakfast is a gross bowl of mush.

Pouring cereal onto milk means you've got a big pile of dry things that you've now got to stir into the milk? Are people really eating that first bite of dry cereal?

By pouring milk first, then cereal, then more milk means you're just starting the milk-soak early, meaning the bottom is going to be ever so slightly mushier than everything else. Ew.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Ceral first of course.
If you pour in milk at first, you risk stopping with the cereal at a reasonable quantity instead of filling the bowl to the fucking brim with sugary goodness

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
100% cereal first...unless you have a milk splashing in your face from shape if cereal problem lol.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I do milk first. Do about 25 percent of the total volume of the bowl, then the rest is cereal. despite what some have said, the cereal does not float and spill over and the cereal remains crunchy. of course certain people love to waste milk but it ain't my business...

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Milk in left nostril
Cereal in right nostril

OF COURSE CEREAL FIRST. I'm not a monster.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
From Chemistry class: "Do what you ought-ah, add acid to wat-ah"

If you pour the acid into the water, any splashes will be mostly water (instead of mostly acid). Similarly, if you pour milk over cereal, you aren't splashing milk on the table, so that.

0h-so-Cold

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 2, 2020
If you do milk first, you'll get less cereals. You can always top up with more milk after a few bites if it's not wet enough

Ceral first of course.
If you pour in milk at first, you risk stopping with the cereal at a reasonable quantity instead of filling the bowl to the fucking brim with sugary goodness
If you do milk first you can potentially get more cereal out of one bowl without adding more milk.. Most people eat all the cereal first before the milk is gone.

If you pour the milk first thats more bowl real estate it takes up leaving more milk in the bowl after the cereal is all ate. Which provides a path for more cereal to be added at the end. Which provides more crunch as well.

Last edited:

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
People who put the milk first are untrustworthy.
I don't know about untrustworthy like they'd steal or stab you, but definitely untrustworthy like coming back from the store with magic beans instead of food or wearing underpants on the outside is the proper way. Untrustworthy decision making.