• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Aaron can't do it because it'll cut into his leading the Packers to another NFC Championship game loss time.

son-of-a-bitch-arrested-development.gif

Oct 30, 2017
I wasn't a big Lavar fan given his performance, but I'd be down for another round of tryouts with new potentials (including the first set) just to give him another shot.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand all the Burton love. He was one of the worst guest hosts, and I feel like that's been the sentiment among most of the regular Jeopardy watchers. I really hope they don't go with him.
dr-cxp3zFguZy7_XrsFJPdDmiFDyf90akSXEJWieHZe-vbX9oT_OHvi3bAia4EFfy3-vKBRJNwFEztYxIfNmIA4Rkr335jP2ZfV2uG3RYVOknwX49Y0xvxbN10_QfdUld1X3CJDlRKLh34pZtkvo2FB8Dbt5-M4lyMc

Levar was the best. He made me happy to watch the show. He has that "teacher/father" appeal that Alex had.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand all the Burton love. He was one of the worst guest hosts, and I feel like that's been the sentiment among most of the regular Jeopardy watchers. I really hope they don't go with him.

I thought he was awful.

The ones I liked the most were Rodgers and Buck and I don't see that working out full time for either. Doing another round of guest hosts makes sense.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
No one probably would have looked into this guys past of he didn't have the huge ego that made him want to get in front of the camera

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Aaron Rodgers has one more year to blow another Super Bowl run

Ken Jennings had questionable tweets but also busy with The Chase unless Sony pays him a fat check

Joe Buck has it made boring us on Fox

LeVar might get another shot

Didn't word get out Trebek also wanted someone else to get a shot but they never gave her anything because Mike got involved?

Mike right now

4-OeQ6.gif

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
I want them to give Jimmy (of the Clue Crew) a shot. He does the practice rounds for the contestants before taping to my knowledge, so could easily step in.

Mad Gamer 64

Nov 6, 2017
Damn, guess I'll keep watching Jeopardy next season then. As far as an actual host goes, I was pretty impressed with Joe Buck despite not really liking him as a sports announcer. I'd also be up for Burton getting a shot even though he was one of the weaker guest hosts IMO. I'm sure he'd settle into a groove over time. But since Mayim Bialik already has a foot in the door I wonder if they'll just give her the whole shebang at this point.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Aaron Rodgers has one more year to blow another Super Bowl run

Ken Jennings had questionable tweets but also busy with The Chase unless Sony pays him a fat check

Joe Buck has it made boring us on Fox

LeVar might get another shot

Didn't word get out Trebek also wanted someone else to get a shot but they never gave her anything because Mike got involved?

Mike right now

4-OeQ6.gif
Still a chance to give Weird Al a chance with that lost on Jeopardy gif

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
I like LeVar too but want to see Rodgers more.

I'm a Packers fan and would like to see him try for a Super Bowl this season but if his opportunity for a very long post-football career is right now this minute by all means go for it.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017

He had a really, really rough first episode, and got more comfortable as the week went on. He's also much different than most of the other guest hosts in that Jeopardy is his dream job. And lets not forget that Alex Trebek's first few times hosting the show was also really rough because of nervousness.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, guess I'll keep watching Jeopardy next season then. As far as an actual host goes, I was pretty impressed with Joe Buck despite not really liking him as a sports announcer. I'd also be up for Burton getting a shot even though he was one of the weaker guest hosts IMO. I'm sure he'd settle into a groove over time. But since Mayim Bialik already has a foot in the door I wonder if they'll just give her the whole shebang at this point.

Yeah, Buck was sureisingly good- hate him in sportscasting but he's a good fit. Honestly I love Levar in concert but he had some of the roughest episodes. Can certainly improve but Buck, Aaron's Rodgers and Robin Roberts were good I thought.

Didn't realize Trebek favored Laura Coates- shitty they didn't give her a shot at all.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. What did he do, tape one week of shows (yesterday)?

Please don't give it to Ken. Nothing personal, but I think he's a bad host.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Him getting the role was like someone giving themselves an award. It was tacky. I wouldn't mind if Mayim or LeVar got the gig. I personally liked Mayim's energy and enthusiasm as host.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Anyone who gets it now has to live with the fact they are second choice. It was a really terrible way they did this.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
It's so bizarre to me that a producer on Jeopardy basically stepped forward and gave themselves the hosting gig. I found him way too unlikable.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
I liked him more than most of the others. I actually really liked Joe Buck.

I thought he was good too, not to mention the bizarre twist of going from Packers QB to Jeopardy host would make the world a bit more magical.

I really like Levar based on Reading Rainbow and Star Trek, but I thought he was oddly too supportive as Jeopardy host. I'm used to a mixture of detachment and even... a touch of disdain from Trebek? Obviously a new host would bring their own style, but Levar didn't bring what I was looking for. Give him another gameshow to host and I'm sure he'd do great.

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I want them to select Levar or a woman simply because this Richards piece of shit is still EP and expressly stated that he wants to promote mediocre white men. It would be very difficult to view the appointment of any white guy as objective in this atmosphere.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
Huh. Why pick a popular and beloved black man that people grew up with when you could pick a rich white racist who the thing people remember him for is being racist in public?

And he's still got a leadership role at the company!

What a load of shit

well the beloved black man was shite when given a chance last month so I'm not sure he is the go to pick. I love levar but he was bad bad when he got a shot.

machtia

Oct 29, 2017
And said podcast got taken down when he got the gig but the copies were already out there
I thought it wasn't taken down until The Ringer started asking the show for comments on it. Either way, it's clear he has friends in high places. They probably skipped the vetting because of that.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see him out, but it's too bad about Mayim Bialik, I had no idea she was an antivaxxer. Whoever they pick it'd be hard to do worse than they have so far.