smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
absolutely freaking loved the horizon dinos and other creatures so he will be missed.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Oh shit! I knew Michael and he was a huge part of the Aussie 3D community, he was always super friendly and responsive to people in the industry, always gave amazing advice to myself and others, and honestly if it wasn't for his kind words and guidance I'd have given up on 3D. I am genuinely destroyed by this news. R.I.P to an amazing dude.

He only just announced his recent mentorship class that was meant to start soon, damn.

Last edited:

Yueezy

Dec 12, 2020
What?? What happened? I have watched his YouTube and tutorials, admired his work. Man it is shocking to me.. RIP mike, you were an awesome mentor and dude.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Damn that's really unfortunate, another talented person gone.
I will extra appreciate his work whenever I play HZD.

Nikokuno

Unshakable Resolve
Jul 22, 2019
Rest in power, didn't play the game (yet?) But I always like the dinos design of this game

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
The mechanical designs were easily one of the most distinctive things about Horizon. RIP.

Argentil

Oct 27, 2017
Rest in peace, Mike. You did good. Thanks OP for bringing his contribution to light. It's a shame about the circumstances, but his work should be celebrated.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Just saw this now, this really saddens me.
Horizon has such unique and awesome robot designs, really gave the game a complete identity of its own.
Rest in peace.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Rest in Peace Mike.

isnt he already second developer from Guerilla to die in the past years? Or was it someone else from different studio?

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
GG were always tech wizards, but their art was turned up to 11 with HZD. I was definitely awestruck from that initial trailer, those dinos really leave an impression
And to think that he had to fight to have his name on the credits. Our industry still needs to grow up. Hopefully they will put an in memory of him on the credits of Horizon 2.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
It's an old story so I can't really expand, but I remember him having to call out Guerilla games on that. Jon (another artist) talked about it which reminded me.

This is a shame, thank you for the tweet. It's really a brutal industry, I remember how long Roberto Ferrari has fought to be recognized as much as Nomura for his work in SquareEnix.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
This is a shame, thank you for the tweet. It's really a brutal industry, I remember how long Roberto Ferrari has fought to be recognized as much as Nomura for his work in SquareEnix.
Yeh it is, I think it could be because he (Mike Nash) was a contractor / freelancer not a full time employee. Some companies can be shitty with technicalities like that. I remember my friend not getting credited in a game because he left the company before the project is done, even though he was a lead.

On the other side you have Ubisoft who credits everyone lol

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
It's an old story so I can't really expand, but I remember him having to call out Guerilla games on that. Jon (another artist) talked about it which reminded me.

Wow, are you serious? The guy who practically defined the look of the final game didn't get credit for it? What the fuck Guerilla.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
RIP. Such incredible work.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
A message from his parents that explain his life and what happened to him.
Please watch it to really understand the situation of Mike and especially of the gaming industry

It's so heartbreaking to listen to.

Clearly a very, very talented and passionate person. Huge loss for not only his family but all of us as well. Rest in peace.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
mike-andrew-nash-spiderman.jpg

His spiderman concept is INCREDIBLE.

RIP.