• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Motherfucker. I missed this printing. I hate when shit like this just randomly appears.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
She wakes up after taking the mushrooms in the first act. The entire experience was a dream!

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
yeah they definitely sent a confirmation email to me

EDIT looked like this, was instant.

mIztgRo.jpg

I finally got mine hours later for some reason. Was getting worried lol.

just watched it.

fuck this movie.

I feel wierd still.

that is all

Yeah, about the size of it

Deleted member 30395

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I ordered when this thread went up but accidentally selected standard somehow (sadface.gif)

A24 have issued a refund and I'll try and grab the 4K version when they re-stock

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really bummed I missed the 4k run, even though I vastly prefer the theatrical cut as a sensory experience. I'm gonna pounce on the restock though.

Now bring on the collectors editions of Good Time and Climax šŸ˜ˆ

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I adore this movie, would be neat to own that extended edition but its one of those films that just feels weird to me to watch outside of a theater (and that ain't happening anytime soon lmao)
I also don't think I'm quite ready to watch it again since I saw it when it came out. Really curious about the additional footage though.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else receive thiers? Got it today and it's so god damn beautiful and got me interested in looking into getting the A24 scriptbooks for The Witch and Ex Machina due to the wonderful styling. Can't wait to watch it, will be the first time watching the director's cut.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
I appreciate it for certain things, but it was overly long, and really just got too silly and stupid. Way too indulgent on trying to show how weird the cult was. Curious what was cut, but I would never watch this to find out.

Damn, $45 and they can't even give me free shipping lol. A bit more pricey honestly, but very nice packaging and I really do see it as a film I will sit down and revisit from time to time.

The Director's Cut does ultimately a better job of showing the couple (I forget their names off the top of my head) and how shitty they are to each other. The theatrical version I felt doesn't portray that well, like you hear character describe it as such, but it always comes off like the chick is a nutcase, for understandable reasons of course, and the guy is just sort of stuck with her. But you see a lot more of their tense interactions and you kind of realize they both just kind of hate each other but feel stuck with the other. It makes the ending, I think, make a lot more sense as to why she makes the choice she does.

I watched it on amazon prime I think, I assume the theatrical, and I didn't get that. It did plenty to show the boyfriend as a flaky aimless idiot.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I appreciate it for certain things, but it was overly long, and really just got too silly and stupid. Way too indulgent on trying to show how weird the cult was. Curious what was cut, but I would never watch this to find out.

I watched it on amazon prime I think, I assume the theatrical, and I didn't get that. It did plenty to show the boyfriend as a flaky aimless idiot.
Yeah the theatrical version does plenty to show the boyfriend is a gaslighting prick

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020

I was more talking about how they interacted with each other, not really about the guy's character. Clearly, he's not a great guy with some of the stuff he does and says, but the dynamic of the two being in a really shitty, toxic and cyclical relationship despite really hating each other doesn't come across as much in the theatrical version, at least to me. This is referenced by other characters, so it's not like totally absent from that version, but I think the Director's Cut fleshed it out better and makes it more understandable as to why they (especially the girl) do what they do in the end, and wasn't all just the cult's influence and pressure. I haven't seen either version in a bit, to be fair, so I would have to go back and rewatch both to parse it all out, but that was the impression I walked away from.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
They finally shipped mine out, so I should be getting it soon. The impressions have been glowing for the packaging itself, which is what you're really paying for.

Well, depending on your region, it's also the only way to get the Director's Cut on disc as well so there's that lol. But I imagine that will change soon-ish. Packaging is quite incredible, though.

Oct 27, 2017
I received mine in the mail today. Everything about the packaging and presentation are top notch. It's pricey for sure but definitely worth it imo if you're a fan of the movie. Hopefully A24 will do collector editions for more of their movies because I could see myself going down the rabbit hole of collecting more of these.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Mine arrived today with the book binding having come unglued from the cover, which I suppose is attributable to this disgusting summer heat. Also mistakenly ordered the Standard over the 4K, so it's doubly a waste.

Oct 27, 2017
Mine arrived today with the book binding having come unglued from the cover, which I suppose is attributable to this disgusting summer heat. Also mistakenly ordered the Standard over the 4K, so it's doubly a waste.

I believe this is the way the binding is supposed to be. Mine is the same way and if you zoom in on the official pictures they are also like this.

Double check your order because there were some people getting the incorrect disc in the mail.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
and yeah i think it's supposed to be like that, to show off the cool thread binding on the side. it's fine either way to me

Nov 26, 2017
I received mine in the mail today. Everything about the packaging and presentation are top notch. It's pricey for sure but definitely worth it imo if you're a fan of the movie. Hopefully A24 will do collector editions for more of their movies because I could see myself going down the rabbit hole of collecting more of these.
Yes if they do one for Under the Skin and/or Green Room 4k I would be all over them.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I think its a noteworthy movie but I cannot watch this a second time. Suicide runs in the family a little too much to be able to get through this again.

Oct 26, 2017
Really like the Scorsese intro and the pictures. All in all, a great package, looks killer on the shelf. Looking forward to revisiting the movie this weekend.