Dec 11, 2017
And they said they are open for other companies (Sony, Nintendo, Valve) to use their device/idea and make it a standard for anyone who has a disability but multiple consoles. Because this stuff is expensive enough
I really hope those other companies take them up on that. It would be a win-win all around.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
So awesome of microsoft to make something like this. Seriously, this may be one of the greatest things the gaming industry has done for people with physical disabilities. (the controller, not the commercial.)

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I teared up at work and my coworker asked if I was okay. Showed her the commercial and she cried.

Great job, Microsoft.

(The dad crying got me. It got me good.)

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
That's really fucking cool, man.

You can also use it on other consoles if I'm not mistaken.

Oct 26, 2017
200w_s.gif

These commercials always make me tear up. T.T

good on ya microsoft.

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I'm very impressed by this. Having done some work for one of the primary charities that helped develop the adaptive controller this gets me right in the feels.

You can find out more about Special Effect, a UK based charity here: https://www.specialeffect.org.uk/

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I have applauded them for this before, but I think to put the adaptive controller up for the superbowl commercial is just a great move. Kudos to them, I always tear up in joy when I see those commercials.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Damn... I'm tryna read my gaming forum and someone's in the office chopping onions... The nerve of people

blaisedial

Oct 25, 2017

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Great commercial for an awesome accessory. They should follow up next year with a Scarlett ad using a similar tagline "We're not different when we play"... it kind of works as a political ad too.

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
The first commercial made me tear up, and this one did the same thing. Microsoft did a great thing with this controller and to put this ad on one of the biggest events is awesome.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
See I know it's marketing but the good type, which is rare. Bravo MS for accessability. More people playing is great.

SonofDonCD

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if this has been posted on ERA before, but the related videos posted this amazing 5-min ad for the controller:

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Heartwarming.
So happy to anyone with these circumstances enjoy their hobbies.

MS never gets enough praise for this controller.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Legit brought tears to my eyes.

I know this all marketing but from people who actually use the adaptive controller, does it really help improve your ability to play?

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So awesome of microsoft to make something like this. Seriously, this may be one of the greatest things the gaming industry has done for people with physical disabilities. (the controller, not the commercial.)

Just a heads up -- these controllers come from Special Effect, who make these types of controllers for all systems. Microsoft's is the only one that is actually 1st party licensed, though, but Special Effect has been doing great work for a long time.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
This broke me this morning. Sucks that a few people were in the replies complaining about the outage with the system and not using another tweet to bitch and moan.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
What a great ad. Still feeling emotional after seeing the dad choke up speaking about his son.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love it. Love that it's a Super Bowl ad. Love that there's minimal Xbox branding in the ad, doing otherwise would have felt very offputting.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony should straight up license this controller from Microsoft. There should be no competitive dick measuring when it comes to this.