• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should we move to a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 86 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 20.4%
  • Wait until a couple weeks before E3

Votes: 226 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty Hippo

Oct 25, 2017
Its almost like we just had a conference with no halo and gears last year and people complained about "too many indies", "not enough AAA titles", "whats the point if they're not exclusives" and "where's halo and gears???"

and as long as the games are great, who cares? did anyone "zzzz" more zelda or god of war?

I mean, if you can't even understand that the new GoW and Zelda got people excited because they were radical departures from the old formula, I don't really know what to tell you. Compare those to any Halo, Gears or Forza sequel released in the last decade. There's a reason people are sick of those, and it's not simply because the games are called Halo, Gears and Forza.

Last year's conference was literally only Ori 2 in terms of new first party announcements. Everything else was either a timed exclusive, a multiplat or an update to an old announcement. Let that sink in for a moment. Any Xbox fan who is minimally capable of criticizing their favorite company will understand that the flak MS has gotten in their past 4 shows has been completely justified. Sony's conference also sucked last year, it was the worst of the big 3 (before people start to call me a Sony fanboy again).

End of the day we're not getting loads of new 1P big budget AAA exclusive titles from anyone. Most are relying on established franchises. Uncharted, Infamous, God of War, Mario, Zelda etc etc....

Established franchises isn't the problem. Quality, diverse exclusives in the portfolio is what matters. It's not anybody's fault that Microsoft has failed to cultivate a good number of established IPs over the years, unlike Nintendo and Sony who have a pretty wide selection to go back to. And when they do go back they have the talent, the creative freedom and the awareness to try something new instead regurgitating the same old shit.

Last edited:

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, if you can't even understand that the new GoW and Zelda got people excited because they were radical departures from the old formula, I don't really know what to tell you. Compare those to any Halo, Gears or Forza sequel released in the last decade. There's a reason people are sick of those, and it's not simply because the games are called Halo, Gears and Forza.

Last year's conference was literally only Ori 2 in terms of new first party announcements. Everything else was either a timed exclusive, a multiplat or an update to an old announcement. Let that sink in for a moment. Any Xbox fan who is minimally capable of criticizing their favorite company will understand that the flak MS has gotten in their past 4 shows has been completely justified. Sony's conference also sucked last year, it was the worst of the big 3 (before people start to call me a Sony fanboy again).

Established franchises isn't the problem. Quality, diverse exclusives in the portfolio is what matters. It's not anybody's fault that Microsoft has failed to cultivate a good number of established IPs over the years, unlike Nintendo and Sony who have a pretty wide selection to go back to. And when they do go back they have the talent, the creative freedom and the awareness to try something new instead regurgitating the same old shit.

I actually don't think Halo has gotten stale. The shooting and the game play are still fun, what needs to be shaken up is the story and campaign. Gears could use a bit of a game play departure though. I know that the pioneered (or popularized) the use of cover but maybe they should move to a contextualized cover system? Fans of the multiplayer would probably be pissed though.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Am just glad this thread excites, otherwise I don't know where we could talk about Xbox related stuff :D
And even then we got some drive by posts .

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Yes this thread is about discussing MS first party devs and their projects alright and it's clearly different from a thread made to discuss MS failures and mistakes this gen. You can always make a thread about that and give it a fitting title cos I've noticed many coming into this thread to derail it with such comments but I don't think it's the appropriate thread for that. .

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, I think it is. Everything MS/XBOX fits here as long as it stays respectful between members.
Not really. If you for example wanna complain about MCC you wouldn't go into the halo 5 thread and do it. The thing about complaining is that you aren't actually looking for answers. You want to vent. So in the end it's pointless to discussion as it doesn't move anything forward. A complaint is t most one post and that's it. "The Xbox is only BC". Thanks for the contribution. What's next

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Isn't the stuff this Thurrot article talking about pretty much already known? I'd imagine everyone already knew they were making another Xbox.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
There's no reason to make a thread on something that people already know. The only new snippet is cloud based stuff but that's really no different than stuff that they are doing in Crackdown 3.

EDIT: Smh...too late...

EDIT 2:

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I'll fuckin' make a thread if no one else wants to.
Nope. Like i said. Its probably gonna be a shitshow. ;)
But it isn't right. I've noticed many Xbox threads end up closed cos some users turn it into crap and derail the threads. Instead of the mods closing the threads why not make examples of some these users by giving them a 7 day ban. It's not right that many xbox threads are closed for no good reason. Mods shouldn't close such xbox threads because certain users are incapable of having civil, respectful and rational discussions. Deal with the users derailing the threads instead.

Mar 10, 2018
But it isn't right. I've noticed many Xbox threads end up closed cos some users turn it into crap and derail the threads. Instead of the mods closing the threads why not make examples of some these users by giving them a 7 day ban. It's not right that many xbox threads are closed for no good reason. Mods shouldn't close such xbox threads because certain users are incapable of having civil, respectful and rational discussions. Deal with the users derailing the threads instead.

Hm...guess who started to talk about PS4 games in this thread when first GOW reviews appeared? I'm sure PS4 fans did it, right? It's so easy to blame them. N4G mentality, christo.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
QX19W.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
I guess I'm the only one that likes all the cloud stuff :-\

Love watching dynamic changes to game worlds so that line really makes me happy that cloud computation is still being worked on.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Hm...guess who started to talk about PS4 games in this thread when first GOW reviews appeared? I'm sure PS4 fans did it. right? It's so easy to blame them. N4G mentality, christo.

you're the better example of what he mentioned though. never posted here except when someone slightly mention something sony related, then you just drop by to post "wow you guys are obsessed lmao" and disappear again

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I should be free to open a topic on a new statement, no? Intimidation is the first step to giving up on things. No need for that really.

Just report the trolls and move on. A higher investment by Microsoft for Xbox is good news. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.