• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be next gen before we start to see the results of their renewed first party investment though.

For new acquisitions and recently signed deals, sure.

But we're still 2 years removed from next gen. Phil has on several occasions alluded to new projects coming out.

I'm expecting first party reveals and games to still be a thing before Scarlett comes out.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Because there will be plenty of opportunity for third party game news.

X0, to me, is about what Microsoft are doing on the first party front, and right now that's the most important and interesting development to me.
They don't have enough games to fill a show on their own. Think about E3. They announced only a handful of titles: Halo Infinite, Battletoads, Gears Pop, Gears Tactics, Gears 5. The only ones actually coming to Xbox in 2019 are Battletoads and Gears 5. If they had more exclusives for the next 18 months, they would've announced them.

I know it sucks for the Xbox One, but all the renewed investment is going towards Scarlett. You're not going to see the fruits of the new studio acquisitions for a while.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Are we not expecting anything from the Xbox streaming service? I haven't seen it mentioned

What is there left to discuss about it? We know quite a lot of the details already. Only thing we don't know; when is testing going to start.

(..and since they currently only have their WA servers running, which regions will have testing)

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Ninja theory game should be for current gen, it's already something from the latest investment.

But yeah, majority won't be heard for a while.

NimbusCub

Oct 28, 2017
Phoenix
Because XO doesn't hinge on obsidian. Thinking outside of the forum sphere for once, that's not the biggest deal to the casual fan who won't actually see a game from them for years. Having things like Forza sea of thieves and crackdown get put back into the public eye is way more important than announcing a studio

Also, I doubt they drag out the X0 name just because they have 1 new announcement/surprise in Obsidian. That's not enough to elevate what would be just another Inside Xbox.

You will have that and damn well like it because that's a strong XO18 and much stronger than an Inside Xbox

Good list. Yes, there should be plenty to enjoy at X018, even if it's different than people's original expectations.

Jump Force is playable on the showfloor, so I expect something from them too.

It was also part of the brief sizzle reel starting with fly-over footage posted by Xbox Mexico and retweeted by Phil. Maybe new character reveals?

Same games what we got at E3 :(((

I honestly think they should've saved the "surprises and announcements" for the final countdown post instead of the first to help avoid thoughts like this.

Those three games are huge upcoming releases, Metro being one that's commonly associated with PC and Xbox, so I'm not surprised to see them here. Don't forget about everything announced earlier in the week to be there.

It's all just one part of the show.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Have to agree with people here who think Microsoft needs to change their interviewers/Inside Xbox staff. Julia, Aaron and Major Nelson all feel like corporate, unauthentic Mattrick Xbox. Lack of authenticity is what strikes me the most. Seem like nice people. I don't like being negative towards nice people...but they aren't good promoters. Aaron isn't the best public facing lead for a marketing team. He seems to bring hype down and create controversy with his near lies or spin that everyone can see through.

I'm guessing Spencer feels loyalty to them for sticking through the tough times but they continue to damage the brand. When I see that crew, I think Mattrick. I think corporate Microsoft, not new and exciting Xbox.

NimbusCub

Oct 28, 2017
Phoenix
I have a strange feeling that Metro: Exodus may be the first third-party AAA title on Game Pass at release. I think it'd help them expand their playerbase quite a bit.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
What's the chances they announce a Halo Infinite beta access with the purchase of CD3? The beta could come out in the spring/summer

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the chances they announce a Halo Infinite beta access with the purchase of CD3? The beta could come out in the spring/summer

Would be excellent and it would guarantee better sales. At the same time it could be slightly counterintuitive if it's tied to purchases as they want people to play the game on Game Pass, unless of course all Game Pass owners will have the beta.

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
I'm just going to say it, this event looks incredibly boring. The content which will be on show isn't even remotely event worthy imo.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Finally back! Goddamn, remind me to never go on any thread other than this one.

And I think I might be in the opposite boat. I wasn't excited at all when the event was first announced, and I'm not getting more and more hyped. Pretty much everything I wanted to see (sans gears) is already announced to be there, so most of the things will be a pleasant surprise.

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They don't have enough games to fill a show on their own. Think about E3. They announced only a handful of titles: Halo Infinite, Battletoads, Gears Pop, Gears Tactics, Gears 5. The only ones actually coming to Xbox in 2019 are Battletoads and Gears 5. If they had more exclusives for the next 18 months, they would've announced them.

I know it sucks for the Xbox One, but all the renewed investment is going towards Scarlett. You're not going to see the fruits of the new studio acquisitions for a while.

Granted, they need some third party there to fill up the time, but that's not what I was looking forward to, nor am talking about the newly acquired studios when I say I'm there to see first party developments.

I'm talking about the stuff that's been in the pipeline since at least June, 2017.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to say it, this event looks incredibly boring. The content which will be on show isn't even remotely event worthy imo.

Showing like 20 different games (including first looks), 13 or more Game Pass titles, showcasing keyboard + mouse, bringing some stuff to PC, possibly announcing new studios and games, all this at an event where players can actually play a lot of unreleased games and participate in all kinds of cool Xbox-themed events, tournaments and such?

I mean, we've seen much worse stuff at E3 by big publishers tbh.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

To keep things in perspective; they aren't having a FanFest because of the Inside Xbox. They are just combing the two and calling it X018. They have fanfests in Mexico on a regular basis.

Now, we don't know what the surprises will be.. so how will we know if it was not worth all the trouble? Saying that at the end; sure!

Currently they are teasing games we know and 'surprises'
How would you like them to market it?

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I refuse to believe there won't be at least on huge surprise and/or some unannounced reveals.

Straight up. I don't think that's what you bring back X0 for.

Otherwise they could have just called a FanFest or Inside Xbox: Mexico.

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing on Ori 2 would be a bummer. I am hoping for that game to release early or mid 2019. This is a great opportunity to announce the release date.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
I refuse to believe there won't be at least on huge surprise and/or some unannounced reveals.

Hope they bring a game or two that has not been shown yet. An addition of one or two studios is what interests me.

It would be disappointing if all they did was just show what we already know to be in development.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Anyone else spotted these new placeholders w/ ReCore images in the Avatar item store? I get error messages when I try to open them. Sorry for the offscreen pic, I wasn't situated with Windows 10 and I can't find a webpage for these items.

8AXmfbD.jpg

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's why they're called surprises though, they're not going to announce them before the show for sure. And since it's a very much self-organized event (unlike participating in stuff like E3 or GamesCom), they can definitely control the leaks. And well, nothing from X018 leaked directly, what we know is stuff they talked directly or things revealed through other means (like the ratings and the achievements for Sunset Overdrive on PC).

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
Anyone else spotted these new placeholders w/ ReCore images in the Avatar item store? I get error messages when I try to open them. Sorry for the offscreen pic, I wasn't situated with Windows 10 and I can't find a webpage for these items.

8AXmfbD.jpg

Not going to lie, I think I'd be willing to buy ReCore items for my new Avatar (if they finally add some more masculine options for them). I really like the style of the new avatars overall though.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
They keep saying "and so much more"

Why do I feel like this just means like 3 other things.

You mean like even E3 shows for basically everyone, except that Sony hasn't even had that for the last couple years. I mean come on, some of you guys are just real downers on everything it seems. I mean video games is about fun, and this is going to a lot of fun for those of us who like them and the Xbox platform.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not going to lie...

I think this show just won't be for me. I always skip Xbox Insider shows. Ill just stick to Reset to catch all the complains and cool parts.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I am starting to think otherwise my friend. Lets be real, MS is notorious for doing things backwards. We can all talk about it tomorrow after XO

Status
Not open for further replies.