Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's clear that Playful has skills. They developed a platformer that played well on a limited budget. It was generic as hell though. I think they need better artists. The fundamental game played well which is why I believe their talents would be better placed on an existing IP.

They took a game that was made for VR (Rift) and turned into a console game. The entire base of the game was founded on what they did for the VR version of the game. I think if they were to make a new game, strictly based on a console, non-VR experience it would be much better. They had a lot of really neat ideas and some pretty great looking sections of the game. Yeah, it was a little generic and you can tell they did not have a huge budget, but what was clear was they know how to make a platformer and they had some really great things in the game that just needed to be fleshed out a bit more. Again, I think that a lot of the game was ported from the VR game and a fresh game from the ground up would be something really great. I hope they do make another game and/or MS looks at them and gobbles them up and give them resources to make a great platformer.

Apr 6, 2018
I think ninja theory will make something on their own this first time under this acquisition. the first time the whole team will be able to work together again is something exciting for them.

Mr BOOTY is all about taking care of his employees right? i hope, i hope, he allows these teams to spread their wings, at least for now so they can get their feet running and become a well oiled machine.

I think Ninja Theory will be the Third Person ACtion/adventure/mystery/thinker/mature studio from MS moving forward. i dont want them to build old IPs and try to re-create it with their vision. Nah, id rather have them build on what i seen in HellBlade and for them to continue on that path. it was refreshing playing that game and i know they can do a lot more!
they registered a trademark in april 2018, if I rember the name was "bleeding edge".
Hellblade was good, but I kept asking me: why this is a game and note a cgi animated movie?
I have a question for the XBOX faithful

Firstly, if Scarlett launches in 2019/20 what's likely to launch with it as an XBOX exclusively? As I understand it, The five acquired studios are not fully formed and/or are in pre-production of new exclusives. Given that games of a certain quality take time what first party studio will step up to the plate during the next gen launch window. The earliest acquisition (second Playground studio in the UK) were staffing up in January for the Fable reboot.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-17-sources-microsoft-plots-fable-return

So I'm left wondering what goodies XBOX will use to entice us.
Halo: infinite is suspected for 2020 and the new engine looks cross general things. Also 2020 could means forza horizon 5 or motorsport 8.
Maybe for fable is too soon. Klobrille posted something about PG games being 170 with 50 jobs opend right now. We know that the racing team is 120, so 50 devs are definetely way more than the ones needed by a simple pitch but not enough for the full production. They stated that the new studio should be composed by about 200 devs when they bought the new building for the second studio.
I guess that among halo infinite and the forza we could see ninja's theory new game and, personal hope, ki4 with a new console.
They definitely should find a studio to be an ip factory for ki and another one for crackdown

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
All the Spider-Man talk is tiring. Let Sony and Microsoft each play to their strengths. It's why I own all three consoles - I want them to each be different and offer their own thing. It was tiring when we had all the 'Sony needs a Halo killer' nonsense years ago too. I'd rather Microsoft focuses on filling some much neglected genres rather than create another cinematic action game that we already have plenty of elsewhere.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
LTTP, but enough with the Spider-Man talk.

Being distrustful of developers who is sharing rarely discussed business-behind-the-scenes at face value without evidence or even valid rumours to dispute the 'official story' is not a discussion.

Stranger things have happened.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
I have a question for the XBOX faithful

Firstly, if Scarlett launches in 2019/20 what's likely to launch with it as an XBOX exclusively? As I understand it, The five acquired studios are not fully formed and/or are in pre-production of new exclusives. Given that games of a certain quality take time what first party studio will step up to the plate during the next gen launch window. The earliest acquisition (second Playground studio in the UK) were staffing up in January for the Fable reboot.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-17-sources-microsoft-plots-fable-return

So I'm left wondering what goodies XBOX will use to entice us.

I think only Halo and maybe fable for the first year

second year for the 2 pary deal

Third Year:
Turn10 , Ninja Theory

Forth year:
The Initiative, Undead lab

fifth year:
Compulsion Games

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm playing Hellblade now and while there's a lot to love here, the "puzzles" feel really out of place and not fun. It's probably the biggest turnoff so far, but I'll stick with it because I really enjoyed NT's previous games.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
They definitely should find a studio to be an ip factory for ki and another one for crackdown
Given the troubles with Crackdown 3, I don't know if we can pencil in a fourth yet. (Lord, do I hope it's good, though.) And not that there shouldn't be a new Killer Instinct, but I really hope that Microsoft doesn't turn anymore studios into houses that only work on the one thing. Like, after the already announced State of Decay 3, I hope Undead Labs can move on to something fresh.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't disagree that Microsoft releases some mediocre games on Xbox One. I also agree that Sunset Overdrive was a great game. However, saying it sold poorly because Xbox One owners just aren't into the game is disingenuous at best.

What was the quality of Sunset Overdrive that Xbox gamers supposedly isn't interested in? Color and humor? Ori and the Blind Forest & Cuphead also got the "wrong platform" criticism. Yet they both crush Sunset Overdrive in terms of sales on Xbox One. Ori even share the same E3 stage with Sunset Overdrive in 2014. So, no. I don't think it's the problem of the audience. The fact that so many fans needed to explain to fellow Xbox Redditor what the game was like at the time was a strong indicator that people don't even know what the game was about. It was promoted as a shooter yet the shooting mechanic was not even the point of the game. It had Deadpool humor yet was promoted as a kids friendly game. And Microsoft weren't even wholeheartedly promoting the game because they would rather focus on advertising Rise of the Tomb Raider and Forza Horizon 2. IMO, these are the true reason why the game failed. Don't blame the audience if they don't even know what your product was.

Ori and Cuphead are $20 digital download games compared to a $60 disc based game in Sunset. Huge difference between those two and Sunset. Sunset is also a weird quirky Japanese type game at times which isn't going to appeal to the Xbox user base. If you're an outsider such as myself and you look at what Xbox is and has been since 2001, you simply see it from a far. An Xbox gamer is very different from a PlayStation gamer. Xbox gamers look for shooters and online. PlayStation depending on how far back the user goes looks for single player cinematic story driven games, JRPG's and Japanese games in general. A game like Sunset Overdrive simply isn't going to sell on Xbox One especially with the low user install base the console had at the time the game released. It's awesome that Microsoft funded it but it was simply never going to sell on their platform. I do think that the game would have sold better on PlayStation 4 for three reasons - first and foremost, the weird quirky Japanese at times style would fit in better with the PlayStation 4 user base. Second, Insomniac has simply done better when working with Sony as opposed to anyone else and third, when you look back at it, on Xbox One, everyone was waiting for Halo MCC. You weren't buying a Sunset Overdrive. You simply weren't. On PlayStation 4, there was nothing there except Drive Club so a Sunset Overdrive in September 2014 definitely would have sold better than it did on Xbox One.

Nah, Sunset Overdrive would have flopped on any platform. It's a good game but even at its reveal I knew that art style would give it limited appeal.

Given the variety of games we see selling well on XBO from Battlefield to Ori to Crash to NieR to MHW, the sweeping generalisations about the XBO user base are ridiculous and unfounded.

As I said above, I do believe that it would have sold better on PlayStation 4. Some games just aren't meant to be exclusive for a particular platform. It's that simple. In the case of Sunset, the Xbox One user base simply shrugged off the game.

The generalization about the Xbox One user base is founded and not ridiculous because look at Xbox 360. JRPG's and Japanese games in general flopped on the console despite 80M+ install base. Since the original Xbox, it's been sold as the shooter and online console. That's simply what it's been because that's how Microsoft has marketed and showcased it since 2001. It hasn't changed. Until the franchises change and there's new IP's and the big three are no more, it will never change. The lone exception is Final Fantasy but this is a 30 year franchise so it's more the exception than the rule.

You may see it differently because you like Xbox but if you're an outside like me, you can see what Xbox has been since 2001 from a far. I never ever think Xbox in connection with a JRPG or other Japanese quirky games. I simply don't and never will. Neither will the majority. Until Microsoft/Spencer changes their direction and ends the franchises that have been around for way too long, the perception simply won't change from the majority of those who are outsiders such as myself because Microsoft/Spencer hasn't changed that perception. Until it's no longer Halo, Gears and Forza, it's simply going to stay that way regardless of what else they do or don't do.

Lol. In The Order 1886, everything was bad. The gameplay was bad, but the story was even worse.

In Quantum Break, gameplay is correct (yes, It's not the perfect game for that), but it's one of the better time travel story ever made, all media combined. The TV Show fits well with that story.

If you're only interested by the gameplay, I can understand why you give Quantum Break only a 7/10 and why you don't like the TV Show, but the game is just not for you. The story of Zelda : Breath of the wild is at best bad, but I didn't see anyone say it deserves a 7/10 for this reason.

While The Order 1886 for me was also a 7.0/10, I easily preferred it over Quantum Break. I also preferred another 7.0/10 game in Ryse over Quantum Break as well. For The Order, the story and characters were excellent. The cover system, gunplay and shooting mechanics were great. I said this back then and I'll say it now. It was the design decisions that Ready At Dawn decided on that hurt the game. If you take away the QTE garbage and make the boss fights actual gameplay, it becomes better. If you remove that horrible stealth section and turn it into a shootout once detected instead of an instant fail and do over, it becomes better. The core has always been there but RAD made stupid decisions that simply affected the entire game overall.

The story in Quantum Break was good but the ending wasn't and the final boss fight sucked. Such a disappointment. The gunplay was good but also typical Remedy and nothing special. Expecting the gunplay in Control to basically be more or the less the same but with different abilities to fit the story. My main problem with Quantum Break was that it was boring. The few good action sequences were all spoiled by Microsoft in every trailer. They literally showed all the best parts which still baffles me. You show two at most but they showed them all.

I'm into story, characters, narrative, gameplay, etc. Pretty much everything overall. Look at my avatar. I'm into more than just gameplay. I want an excellent story and characters. It's just that most games fail in this aspect. For Quantum Break, the story and characters weren't the problem. It was nearly everything else. Being forced to watch a TV show in order to get more out of the game I already a negative in my eyes. One has nothing to do with the other and should not be connected. Don't know if it was Microsoft's or Remedy's decision but it was a bad one either way. Me and my friend both bought the game at launch. He watched the show. I didn't. The sad part is that he said the TV show was more entertaining than playing through the game. From my viewpoint, I simply believe that the TV show hurt the game itself because the focal point is no longer on the game. It's now about the TV show and the game being connected to the TV show as opposed to the other way around.

As for BOTW, on my rating scale since I go by categories, it would actually be a 6 or a 7 at best because it's lacking in way too many areas for me. I gave Quantum Break straight seven's across four categories. Graphics, audio, gameplay and story/characters. All good. Not bad but not great either. Expected more to be honest and being connected to a TV show turned me off from the beginning.

Halo Wars 2 has a MC of 79%. In which universe is this considered "bad"?

My mistake. Based on what I read when the game launched, I thought it was in the 60's. Sorry.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
They took a game that was made for VR (Rift) and turned into a console game. The entire base of the game was founded on what they did for the VR version of the game. I think if they were to make a new game, strictly based on a console, non-VR experience it would be much better. They had a lot of really neat ideas and some pretty great looking sections of the game. Yeah, it was a little generic and you can tell they did not have a huge budget, but what was clear was they know how to make a platformer and they had some really great things in the game that just needed to be fleshed out a bit more. Again, I think that a lot of the game was ported from the VR game and a fresh game from the ground up would be something really great. I hope they do make another game and/or MS looks at them and gobbles them up and give them resources to make a great platformer.

It would be great if Microsoft had a dedicated platformer team. There isn't a lot of great 3D platformers outside of Mario these days.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I'm playing Hellblade now and while there's a lot to love here, the "puzzles" feel really out of place and not fun. It's probably the biggest turnoff so far, but I'll stick with it because I really enjoyed NT's previous games.

Agree. I'm not too far but the first few puzzles haven't been that good. Atmosphere and graphics are great. Looking forward to see what they do with their full team on a higher budget.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hellblade was a good game but after doing a few of them, the puzzles become more of a chore. One of the few negatives that I had with the game.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
daniel77733 I'm Sure Next-Gen MS will try to attract casual player attention instead of hardcore player...

So story based games will sell with the casual player MP games will sell with ghe hardcore....Win for MS

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017

Third Year:
Turn10 , Ninja Theory

Forth year:

fifth year:
Compulsion Games

2020: Halo and Forza Motorsport (plus partnership deals)
2021: Perfect Dark, Fable and Ninja Theory (plus partnership deals)
2022: Forza Horizon, Gears 6, State of Decay 3 (plus partnership deals)
2023: The Initiative and Compulsion Games (plus partnership deals)

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
2020: Halo and Forza Motorsport (plus partnership deals)
2021: Perfect Dark, Fable and Ninja Theory (plus partnership deals)
2022: Forza Horizon, Gears 6, State of Decay 3 (plus partnership deals)
2023: The Initiative and Compulsion Games (plus partnership deals)
But Turn10 Already said they Don't Work in FM8 so it's Impossible to be 2020
2021/2022 Is possible..

pls Gears 6 will take 3 to 4 years to make so it will 2023/24 for sure

the rest i can agree with

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
I'm into story, characters, narrative, gameplay, etc. Pretty much everything overall. Look at my avatar. I'm into more than just gameplay. I want an excellent story and characters. It's just that most games fail in this aspect. For Quantum Break, the story and characters weren't the problem. It was nearly everything else. Being forced to watch a TV show in order to get more out of the game I already a negative in my eyes. One has nothing to do with the other and should not be connected. Don't know if it was Microsoft's or Remedy's decision but it was a bad one either way. Me and my friend both bought the game at launch. He watched the show. I didn't. The sad part is that he said the TV show was more entertaining than playing through the game. From my viewpoint, I simply believe that the TV show hurt the game itself because the focal point is no longer on the game. It's now about the TV show and the game being connected to the TV show as opposed to the other way around.

As for BOTW, on my rating scale since I go by categories, it would actually be a 6 or a 7 at best because it's lacking in way too many areas for me. I gave Quantum Break straight seven's across four categories. Graphics, audio, gameplay and story/characters. All good. Not bad but not great either. Expected more to be honest and being connected to a TV show turned me off from the beginning.
So why do you buy Quantum Break ? I really don't understand. It's not like they didn't announce the TV Show : you knew it was an important part of the game. I can understand that people don't like the idea to add a TV Show in a game, but nobody force them to buy it. Story was good, TV Show was good (except the story of Liam Burke, one of the main problem of the game) and everything fits well together. It's not a game for everyone, but it's an excellent game for its audience.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I am a few pages back on reading this thread right now after vacation, but maybe putting something together here in my mind.

We know that a PD was being worked on. The Initiative wasn't formed or potentially thought about at the time of that news. We know that The Coalition was working with whoever was starting it. Here is where I go off into a world of thought. What if Microsoft approached Ninja Theory to build PD for them and that lead to the purchase of the studio? The time line works for the release of Hellblade. It came out in August of 2017. That would put it at 1 year of dev at this point. Thought? Speculation?
With all the things we're hearing from Ninja Theory it sounds like they are working on something new. I mean you never know of course, but kinda sure they are creating very unique and new experiences.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
pls Gears 6 will take 3 to 4 years to make so it will 2023/24 for sure
I'd actually be surprised if Gears 6 isn't out in 2022. The Coalition is an incredibly efficient team. Since they got the Gears of War IP in 2014, TC has turned around Gears Ultimate Edition (2015), Gears of War 4 (2016) and now Gears 5 next year.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
I'd actually be surprised if Gears 6 isn't out in 2022. The Coalition is an incredibly efficient team. Since they got the Gears of War IP in 2014, TC has turned around Gears Ultimate Edition (2015), Gears of War 4 (2016) and now Gears 5 next year.
Gears 6 will be Different because of the story...So they really need time for it

and hope they do

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I hope we do get a true Gears of War game with large scale battles and set pieces similar to what Gears 2 and 3 gave us. Gears 4 was a very intimate experience compared to the original trilogy, and Gears 5 being about Kait setting off on a personal adventure with the story being about her makes it feel like a spin-off of sorts.

I just wish Gears 6 was back to it being about the battle of the COGs trying to wipeout the threats to mankind.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
they registered a trademark in april 2018, if I rember the name was "bleeding edge".
Hellblade was good, but I kept asking me: why this is a game and note a cgi animated movie?
Nice. Sounds Ambitious. I remember putting this up a couple months ago...So we probably have an idea what the combat in their next game will play like.

Last edited:

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So why do you buy Quantum Break ? I really don't understand. It's not like they didn't announce the TV Show : you knew it was an important part of the game. I can understand that people don't like the idea to add a TV Show in a game, but nobody force them to buy it. Story was good, TV Show was good (except the story of Liam Burke, one of the main problem of the game) and everything fits well together. It's not a game for everyone, but it's an excellent game for its audience.

Had nothing to play at the time. Like Remedy and the game appealed to me. Plus, wasn't the TV show added later on? I don't remember that being from the start because the main character was different. Like I said though, good 7.0/10 game for me. A 7.0/10 is a "good" game on my scale. Enjoyed it for what it was when I played it but would I play through it again? Absolutely not. It was a one and done for me. Hoping Control ends up being better but I wouldn't be surprised or shocked if it isn't.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Had nothing to play at the time. Like Remedy and the game appealed to me. Plus, wasn't the TV show added later on? I don't remember that being from the start because the main character was different. Like I said though, good 7.0/10 game for me. A 7.0/10 is a "good" game on my scale. Enjoyed it for what it was when I played it but would I play through it again? Absolutely not. It was a one and done for me. Hoping Control ends up being better but I wouldn't be surprised or shocked if it isn't.

TV show was planned from the start.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...veloper-announces-xbox-one-game-quantum-break

Quantum Break appears to blend a live action TV show with a video game, with actions in one affecting the other. Microsoft's Xbox One press release calls it "a revolutionary entertainment experience... that blurs the line between gaming and TV by integrating drama and gameplay into one seamless, uniquely immersive experience. How you play the game impacts the show, and the show informs how you play the game." Defiance, anyone?

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I hope MS acquires as much talent as they can cos that google rumor talked about the tech giant making some huge acquisitions.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
With all the things we're hearing from Ninja Theory it sounds like they are working on something new. I mean you never know of course, but kinda sure they are creating very unique and new experiences.

This sounds exciting!!!! I really enjoyed Enslaved: Odyessy To the West. DmC was fine in my book and I didnt play Hellblade. I'm so happy about this acquisition. Their a good studio and now having the cash to back up even more and bigger projects is awesome!

I'm looking forward to their new game!

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Sounds Ambitious. I remember putting this up a couple months ago...So we probably have an idea what the combat in their next game will play like.

It was kind of a given but knowing the next game will emphasize melee combat for sure is still pretty exciting. I wonder if it'll be significantly different than what they've done before.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
You may see it differently because you like Xbox but if you're an outside like me, you can see what Xbox has been since 2001 from a far.
Lol wtf is this nonsense!?

I don't 'like Xbox' any more than I like Nintendo or PlayStation. I was exclusively PS4 this gen until last year. Obviously the X is where I do most of my gaming these days but that's only because it's the best hardware.

If you're saying the fact that you don't like Xbox somehow makes you some kind of 'outsider' and therefore some kind of expert in the types of games that Xbox owners like then... lol

And yes your sweeping 'shooter-box' generalisations are bullshit when we have recent evidence to the contrary.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018

Third Year:
Turn10 , Ninja Theory

Forth year:

fifth year:
Compulsion Games
Phil Spencer said that Ninja Theory was "further along" than the the other new studios at E3, because they started work on another game after they shipped Hellblade on PS4 (I would assume a small group stayed behind to work on the Xbox port.), so I actually think they're a lot closer than people think. I think they're more likely to be ready for Scarlett's launch than any of the other projects you listed (sans Halo, because I think that's pretty obviously being developed as a launch title), except for maybe Forza, but we really have no idea what's going on with that franchise and those teams. They seem to be abandoning their every-year release schedule. I would be pretty surprised if we didn't see Ninja Theory's new game announced at the Scarlett reveal (or at the post-reveal E3 if they focus on hardware at that show).

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Halo: infinite is suspected for 2020 and the new engine looks cross general things. Also 2020 could means forza horizon 5 or motorsport 8.

They'll have a bunch of stuff that isn't signposted right now from key partners, one offs. I criticize a lot of MS' strategy in terms of providing unique content over the full generation, but getting bespoke launch titles out there is not one of their issues. I'd say they are the best at this actually. Sony always seem slow and Nintendo are a lottery.

Obviously we're here just speculating but I think (and strongly hope) XBOX brings something other than Halo and Forza to Scarlett's launch window. I stress that that's not a knock on those franchises as they always do well within the core community. It's just that outside of that, I don't think they really help broaden the XBOX audience especially here in Europe. I firmly believe Fable could bridge that momentum gap but I'm bordering wishful thinking by hoping it'll be a launch title.

New Studios are fantastic and I believe that the new Halo and Forza will keep the core audience happy. But if this generation starts next year I believe XBOX will need something special.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Obviously we're here just speculating but I think (and strongly hope) XBOX brings something other than Halo and Forza to Scarlett's launch window. I stress that that's not a knock on those franchises as they always do well within the core community. It's just that outside of that, I don't think they really help broaden the XBOX audience especially here in Europe. I firmly believe Fable could bridge that momentum gap but I'm bordering wishful thinking by hoping it'll be a launch title.

New Studios are fantastic and I believe that the new Halo and Forza will keep the core audience happy. But if this generation starts next year I believe XBOX will need something special.
MS will sure have a deals out of 1P games...

Adam said that MS have 12 deal they work on...so those games sure for the next gen...

so they will have games other then only halo and forza

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol wtf is this nonsense!?

I don't 'like Xbox' any more than I like Nintendo or PlayStation. I was exclusively PS4 this gen until last year. Obviously the X is where I do most of my gaming these days but that's only because it's the best hardware.

If you're saying the fact that you don't like Xbox somehow makes you some kind of 'outsider' and therefore some kind of expert in the types of games that Xbox owners like then... lol

And yes your sweeping 'shooter-box' generalisations are bullshit when we have recent evidence to the contrary.

Daniel gonna Daniel ;p

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
What's this about next gen starting next year. I though scarlet and the other systems would be 2020
Some people believe the PS5 will/can release next year, but Thurrot reported 2020 for Scarlet and insiders here have said MS is aiming for 2020. People are probably assuming that MS will push it out in 2019 if Sony releases the PS5 next year.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Phil Spencer said that Ninja Theory was "further along" than the the other new studios at E3, because they started work on another game after they shipped Hellblade on PS4 (I would assume a small group stayed behind to work on the Xbox port.), so I actually think they're a lot closer than people think. I think they're more likely to be ready for Scarlett's launch than any of the other projects you listed (sans Halo, because I think that's pretty obviously being developed as a launch title), except for maybe Forza, but we really have no idea what's going on with that franchise and those teams. They seem to be abandoning their every-year release schedule. I would be pretty surprised if we didn't see Ninja Theory's new game announced at the Scarlett reveal (or at the post-reveal E3 if they focus on hardware at that show).

Agree. 2020 is probably realistic for NT's next game. If it's not ready for launch, it'll probably be close to it.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
You people believing turn 10 when they say they're not working on forza motosport 8 lol, whatch they release it next year to the surprise of everyone lol.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's this about next gen starting next year. I though scarlet and the other systems would be 2020

Some folks (myself included) believe that PS5 can launch as early as next year. There's little to no evidence that a new Xbox will launch in 2019 though. Looking at first party software on the Xbox front, there's not much that could even be ready for a 2019 launch.

Oct 25, 2017
You people believing turn 10 when they say they're not working on forza motosport 8 lol, whatch they release it next year to the surprise of everyone lol.
Honestly, I won't be surprised if MS gave both Turn10 and Playground an extra year for their next games. Aligning it so Forza 8 launches with the Xbox Scarlett, and so that we don't get a forza 4 --> forza 5 type situation again.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, they have no reason to lie. If secrecy was so important to them they wouldn't even mention the name, which I know sounds stupid but Turn10 or Playground never mention the name/number of their games until there revealed. It's a clear rule with them, so to see a head at Turn10 so casually reiterate that they aren't working on it (they have before) in a dev update stream says a lot. Turn10 does not have the size or time frame to be simultaneous developing the roadmap they have for FM7 as well as releasing FM8 next year, I would think the focus they are putting on post launch support having features that would previously only be for sequels made that obvious.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Honestly, I won't be surprised if MS gave both Turn10 and Playground an extra year for their next games. Aligning it so Forza 8 launches with the Xbox Scarlett, and so that we don't get a forza 4 --> forza 5 type situation again.
I would only believe that if they had a third forza game ready for 2019, then motosport 8 could release 2020 and horizon 5 would get an extra year too releasing in 2021, honestly it's possible, but what kind of game would it be? Forza Rally? Forza Kart? And who could be developing it? Keeping in mind Forza has set the quality bar pretty high for racing games.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Yep, they have no reason to lie. If secrecy was so important to them they wouldn't even mention the name, which I know sounds stupid but Turn10 or Playground never mention the name/number of their games until there revealed. It's a clear rule with them, so to see a head at Turn10 so casually reiterate that they aren't working on it (they have before) in a dev update stream says a lot. Turn10 does not have the size or time frame to be simultaneous developing the roadmap they have for FM7 as well as release FM8 next year, I would think the focus they are putting on post launch support having features that would previously only be for sequels made that obvious.
Hm, we will see, I can believe it if they had another forza game ready for next year, but only under those conditions.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I would only believe that if they had a third forza game ready for 2019, the motosport 8 could release 2020 and horizon 5 would get an extra year too releasing in 2021, honestly it's possible, but what kind of game would it be? Forza Rally? Forza Kart? And who could be developing it? Keeping in mind Forza has set the quality bar pretty high for racing games.

Forza Gotham, the successor to PGR

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, we will see, I can believe it if they had another forza game ready for next year, but only under those conditions.
With next gen coming, development time frames are only going to increase. They are going to have a tough time keeping up with the two year schedule, best to break the pattern now and give the team time. Turn10 is almost certainly directly involved with the development of the next Xbox like they usually are, so they have an idea of what they need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.