• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
welp everyone who I was talking to during the show have now gotten an Xbox One ordered via amazon. GG MS, you got em.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
They have a massive pool of talent now. Next few years are going to be special for Xbox.

For the first time ever, we're seeing Xbox fully backed by MS. Amazing.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IF

Halo Infinite was an engine trailer

AND

it'ss nebulous on a release date aka probably 2020

THEN

will this engine scale to the next Xbox?

Oct 26, 2017
Finally I can actually post now. Wanted to share my enthusiasm with y'all guys.

I am SO glad I didn't know anything about the show beforehand. Everything was a surprise. Where to begin? We're getting Nier Automata this month! ! !!!! Sekiro looks fucking awesome and reminded me of Tenchu a lot too. We actually saw Gears 5 gameplay and it's coming next year ?Did NOT see that coming. When the showed that cutscene first it looked a lot like Gears 4,but when the gameplay started... shiiiiiiiiit.

FH4 with dynamic seasons, lordy lord. Was hoping the dirtbikes meant we get to use them too but ah well. Halo Infinite is 6 after all? Man! And the part about the new studios? Man I cheered when Phil confirmed PG and rigjt there confirmed the new open world game too. Look at the goddamn environment in FH4, imagine what PG will do with Fable's environment.

Oh and we wanted story driven games right? Ninja Theory and We happy Few developers should have that covered for us. Hope they get to make big budget titles.

If we look at what MS had to work with here, as in not having tons of new big exclusives just yet, they really kicked fucking ass when it came tk delivering a fantastic game show. Very little talking, NO VR, NO Minecraft, pretty much no time wasted.

Super show!

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the Keighley show and Thomas is on talking about Ori. Some numbers for Moon Studios: 20 people worked on Blind Forest, 50 people are working on Will of the Wisps.

I'm kind of amazed Blind Forest was made by only 20 people.

IF

AND

THEN

Of course. Scalability is a staple of modern game engines.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Age of Empires 4 and maybe Age of Empires 2 DE will probably be shown there if they aren't at E3.
I'm expecting stuff like that to be at the PC Gaming event. Possibly Sunset Overdrive and the like, too. They could stick it into Inside Xbox, but that show generally doesn't touch on stuff that isn't for, you know, Xbox.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
The launch of the next Xbox is going to be fuckin' nuts tbh.

It's great to see MSoft really come out guns blazin' like this.

Gears 5 looks so damn good, I hope I can can upgrade my GPU by the time it's out cuz I want that 4K Ultra on PC baybee.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Is there absolutely any chance of seeing the rumored Banjo anniversary remake on Inside Xbox tomorrow? Probably not, but I'm just trying as hard as I can to have some glimmer of hope left. :(

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting stuff like that to be at the PC Gaming event. Possibly Sunset Overdrive and the like, too. They could stick it into Inside Xbox, but that show generally doesn't touch on stuff that isn't for, you know, Xbox.
Yeah I was too, but then they scheduled Inside Xbox at the same time so idk.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Mas needs to add Remedy and Obsidian to that list.

And come back with a Japan operating center to fund more games from Japanese devs, specially Mistwalker.

Also, the Shannon Loftis team is doing what? I don't even remember the last time they announced something.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
Is there absolutely any chance of seeing the rumored Banjo anniversary remake on Inside Xbox tomorrow? Probably not, but I'm just trying as hard as I can to have some glimmer of hope left. :(
for such an amazing show something had to be sacrificed...we will get our time.
tenor.gif

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

And come back with a Japan operating center to fund more games from Japanese devs, specially Mistwalker.

Also, the Shannon Loftis team is doing what? I don't even remember the last time they announced something.

Last thing they announced was Super luckys tale.

Well and they had Crackdown 3 State of Decay 2 , pubg and Forza horizon this year.

naitosan

Oct 28, 2017
Really enjoyed their conference, thought it was one of the best for long time. Excited to see what they will show in E3 2019.

Now, what will we expect to see at Gamescom?

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017

Not sure if her team would be overseeing Battletoads, typically I'd say yes, but Rare is credited on the game as well.

Delivering Crackdown is obviously the big ticket item for her team in the near future though.

Edit: yeah...Ori, cuphead, and PUBG as well

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
IF

AND

THEN

I don't think 343 is gonna spend 5+ years making a new engine, only to abandon it immediately after Infinite releases. I'd expect Infinite to be cross gen, open world, and a soft reboot. Basically Halo's Breath of the Wild moment.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
It will be interesting to see what kind of new IP Microsoft will develop for the transition to the next generation of Xbox. I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves when they see Microsoft has acquired four studios.

They acquired a studio that has been pumping out Forza games. It's rumored they are working on a different type of game, and we shall see, but so far it's a studio that has been making one type of game. If they make another driving game, it doesn't really diversify Microsoft's offerings, and if they primarily keep making Forza its more of the same.

They acquired the studio that's made two State of Decay games, which seem pretty divisive and pretty janky. I can't speak to the quality of the games or the studio, but I'm interested to see what they are capable of.

They acquired a studio that released a neat puzzle platformer and hasn't released their first somewhat ambitious title yet. Who knows what kind of studio Compulsion will be or what they are capable of.

To me Ninja Theory is the only reslly exiciting acquisition, because they've shown the ability to make well rounded, AAA caliber games. They've had some really good writing, gorgeous visuals, solid gameplay, interesting ideas. Really, with the backing and stability of somebody like Microsoft it's possible they could truly flourish. I certainly hope so.

But overall, it's hard to freak out without seeing what the other three studios are going to make and if it's not what they've already been doing (State of Decay/Forza) how capable they are with a different project.

Regardless, it's definitely a sign that Microsoft is trying. If nothing else, that's a positive sign.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
for such an amazing show something had to be sacrificed...we will get our time.
tenor.gif

Too late. I think I've given up at this point. :(

If they didn't bother to do anything for Banjo's anniversary, what makes us think they'll EVER do anything with him? Banjo is dead. Let's accept it. Join me in my grieving.

I mean, even Battletoads got a new game before Banjo. BATTLETOADS!

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think 343 is gonna spend 5+ years making a new engine, only to abandon it immediately after Infinite releases. I'd expect Infinite to be cross gen, open world, and a soft reboot. Basically Halo's Breath of the Wild moment.

Heck they were still running a modified Halo CE engine until now right?

Deleted member 6733

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice work OP. I'm excited by the intent shown by MS today. Hopefully good things ahead (noting the buzz has already been sapped from the conference thread, as expected!). I'll be lurking here like I did in the previous thread.

EasyCompany

Jan 28, 2018
New thread? New thread!

Already salivating for the next Ninja Theory game, whatever that may be. If you're feeling hyped from the show and haven't given Hellblade a try yet, download it now. One of the best looking games on the X.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018

Her publishing team is doing Crackdown and Ori, and they were doing State of Decay 2. The last things they announced were Age of Empires games at Gamescom 2017 (also, ReCore: Definitive Edition), and before that Ori, Lucky, and the updates to Rush, Disneyland Adventures, and Zoo Tycoon at E3 2017. Nothing new at this E3 so far (maybe they'll announce something on Inside Xbox tomorrow?), but I'm sure that they have things cooking. My bets are still on sequels to ReCore and Quantum Break.

EDIT: Wait, Battletoads is (co)developed by an external studio, so that.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
NINJA THEROY! Did anyone see this coming? Biggest megaton for me.

Just imagine MS had been more smart in the past, possibly binding Bungie and especially Remedy closer to the Xbox brand. But... Today has been an important step. MS confirms they will stay in the console business, they are changing the narrative. Some games shown also showed glimpses of difference, the narrative focus of Gears of War 5 in the trailer was interesting to see. I'm very positive for the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.