Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Bizarre. Ok I don't do those things but not quite sure why they care, it's about juicing numbers isn't it?
Making people use Bing search is about serving them ads, and harvesting data that Microsoft can sell from what they search for and which links they click on. Someone who's only barely using Bing and filling their search history with junk isn't as valuable as an actual, regular user.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Yea it's a code.

Yea I guess that's ultimately what they'll have to try to do, figured as much, but just thought I'd ask lol

It doesn't expand the options much, but the credit should work for anything on the wider Microsoft store. So maybe they can get a gaming mouse or pc headset with it.

bid0

Mar 22, 2022
Has anyone had trouble with the weekly console bonus the past 2 weeks? It's the play a console game for 5 days out of 7.

I noticed last week around Thursday that it only counted 1 day and I had failed to get the 275 reward points. I didn't think anything of it and figured it hadn't registered each day as I should have been on 4 by that point

It's happened again this week and when I checked yesterday I had 3 days counted but today it's saying 1 day and the streak is failed again (because there's not 4 days left after today)

Prolly a dumb question, but there is any way (even if roundabout) to make use of a Microsoft gift card outside of Microsoft/Xbox's ecosystem?

My friend won a $50 gift card the other day, but they have no interest in Xbox at all, so Xbox digital games, accessories, putting it towards a console, none of that interests them at all lol
They can spend it on the Microsoft store, it's not just Xbox

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I'm at 16,371 this month. That's about a 4k decrease from my average.

Last edited:

Ayumu

May 10, 2024
I got barely 9000 points, but I got lazy some days. It's enough to cash 180 pesos mexicanos in the store so it was not that bad I guess.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I've all but given up on doing any of the tasks anymore and still got 5,800 points somehow. A far cry from the zero effort 13-15000 points it used to be but I can't really blame them. I've spent essentially zero dollars on gamepass for the entire generation, have 3 years stacked up and made back more than the price of my XSX on top of that. I can't imagine they are making enough ad/data revenue off me to cover that.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
13,530 so far for the month for me, though I've not done today yet so it will end up being slightly more

That's still over a tenner a month of free Xbux. My plan of nabbing cheap Xbox games on sales is working pretty well

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
14,924 for the month, but this doesn't include the 1000 points I'll be getting right before it resets for June

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
12.5K for the month, that seems to be what it is (for now)
Almost exactly what I have as well, getting all "normal" rewards (ie. no boosts from purchases this month).

Down from the ~18k I was averaging before which means a lot less gift cards used for purchases, but I guess I still get GPU (for now).

russbus64

May 1, 2018
10945 for the month before the Game Pass task today. I've only started doing searches again so this could've been higher for the month.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Totally got caught out on some credit expiry. Account said ÂŁ5 was expiring on May 31st so I went to use it today but what it actually meant was that it was expiring like at 0000 on May 31st, so it was already gone. Never seen an expiry date displayed like that in my life.

Support were brilliant and managed to credit me ÂŁ5, but what a weird way to expire credit.

liquiddragon

Jun 20, 2020
17800 for the month, which is way higher than I was expecting, tho 1k of that is from the final monthly quest, which I don't usually hit.

pacman85

Sep 12, 2018
I did pretty much every point opportunity available to me in the USA this month and am ending up with 16,354 points. Not bad. My goal every month is just to keep extending my GPU subscription an additional month (auto-redeem for 10,500 points) and then as much extra on top as possible to save up for the eventual next gen console. Since they have nerfed the program over the past year or so I don't think I will ever get enough to totally pay for the next console but I will be able to put a good chunk of it on MS gift cards. Gone are the days of around 25,000 points per month.

lion9t

Unshakable Resolve
Aug 4, 2021
15256 .. not bad..
i really don't know why I still collecting the points though lol ..

| TrusT |

Banned
Apr 19, 2020
You've earned 13,062 points this month.

Just saving up for a little while then I'll look at buying a decent mouse on Amazon.

Will Law

Feb 5, 2021
I did pretty much every point opportunity available to me in the USA this month and am ending up with 16,354 points. Not bad.

Are you even bothering with Jewel? It was kinda nice dropping Jewel and the 'Play on PC' from my daily routine when they nerfed those points. Once less thing to do.

I wound up getting just above 15k in the US, but that was with the +1k final puzzle piece.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
was a bit more diligent this month with searches and ended up at 15,170

mainly because I wanted to get some credit to make Shadow of the Erdtree a little cheaper

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Below 8500. This time I got the 500 monthly which I didn't even bother with last month iirc. Even did some pc game pass some day and tomorrow I'll get 275 for console streak. I'm one piece shy of the puzzle too and may play some game pass game starting soon so I could even reach 10k (!!) next month.

lol what a joke this has become, and that's with no 15 min cooldown (ms ninjas reading this and immediately applying it back to me)

mainly because I wanted to get some credit to make Shadow of the Erdtree a little cheaper

This year (so far) I got that and dragons dogma 2 preorders entirely paid with points, plus a year plus extend for my gp sub. But that's with the points I was sitting on from when this was really valuable. Well see if I ever don't have the need to choose between gp or paying for some game. If I even can sustain the gp sub just with points (like I always did until now).

toastybanana

Oct 27, 2017
13,657. I cashed out a while back for the potential Switch 2 purchase this year. With the "delay" I'm all set and it's just more Amazon space bucks in the bank. A lot less than it used to be but still worth the few clicks in the morning with a coffee.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
11028 for me this month, and that is with the 1000 monthly quest from last month, which i don't even know how i got it because i only played 1 game in april over the course of two days.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
8520, and that's playing a bunch of Xbox this month. I remember when I used to get 13-14k monthly...

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
6.474 lmao
cant even get a 15 reais card (which buys jackshit) with this (let alone a month of gp)

and now they killed ifood giftcards as a prize too so theres basically nothing else i want

Jedmaxwell

Sep 22, 2018
13,189 here in the UK. Missed a couple Xbox app rewards so probably could have maxed at 13.5k. Not brilliant but now I know using GPC to top up my GPU is the most cost effective way, I can save a bit on points. Still gutting that's less than half of what I could get.

--R

Oct 25, 2017
13,189 here in the UK. Missed a couple Xbox app rewards so probably could have maxed at 13.5k. Not brilliant but now I know using GPC to top up my GPU is the most cost effective way, I can save a bit on points. Still gutting that's less than half of what I could get.
Wait, is it? I've been straight up cashing GPU months, how does GPC compare?

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Totally got caught out on some credit expiry. Account said ÂŁ5 was expiring on May 31st so I went to use it today but what it actually meant was that it was expiring like at 0000 on May 31st, so it was already gone. Never seen an expiry date displayed like that in my life.

Support were brilliant and managed to credit me ÂŁ5, but what a weird way to expire credit.

For future reference, Microsoft operates on UTC time

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
10 666 points this month, which is basically the same amount as last month. This is the new normal I guess.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
The bing daily set just gave me 1100 points, lol. What the hell is that about?

Edit: ohh, they count towards the puzzle, I guess?

lion9t

Unshakable Resolve
Aug 4, 2021
need help here.. I received replay from the support on the last ticket I raised .. they asking for some screenshots
  • Screenshot of the error message
  • Current location
  • Screenshot of Bing diagnostics
where i upload these photos? I don't remember there is an option to attach photo when rasing the ticket

Jedmaxwell

Sep 22, 2018
Wait, is it? I've been straight up cashing GPU months, how does GPC compare?
I think it was mentioned on here but if you buy the 3 month GPC code and apply that to your existing GPU subscription it converts to 50 days of GPU. As that's only 15,000 points in the UK, it's more cost effective that 3m GPU at 35,000 and even the auto renew 1m GPU at 10,000.

--R

Oct 25, 2017
I think it was mentioned on here but if you buy the 3 month GPC code and apply that to your existing GPU subscription it converts to 50 days of GPU. As that's only 15,000 points in the UK, it's more cost effective that 3m GPU at 35,000 and even the auto renew 1m GPU at 10,000.
Damn, I gotta jump into doing that then!

pacman85

Sep 12, 2018
That's interesting that it's only 15,000 points in the UK for 3 months of GPC. In the USA, GPU 1 month auto-redeem is 10,500 points and 3 months of GPC which is 50 days of GPU is 20,000 points. At least that's the prices I'm seeing.
Are you even bothering with Jewel? It was kinda nice dropping Jewel and the 'Play on PC' from my daily routine when they nerfed those points. Once less thing to do.

I wound up getting just above 15k in the US, but that was with the +1k final puzzle piece.
Yep, I did Jewel every day, play a PC game, every day, etc. I just remembered though there were a few days I didn't get the 10 point "play a game on console" points when I had already gotten the 250 point bonus for the week. I just wasn't motivated enough/too busy on the weekends to get that one.

Nov 3, 2017
With the monthly I ended up at 10300 or so. And that's without doing any Bing searches, which would have brought it up to ~12K. That's cool. I just like having these small, but routine, accomplishments with modest rewards. It's a healthy activity for my ADHD-ravaged sense of self.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
With the monthly I ended up at 10300 or so. And that's without doing any Bing searches, which would have brought it up to ~12K. That's cool. I just like having these small, but routine, accomplishments with modest rewards. It's a healthy activity for my ADHD-ravaged sense of self.
No searches at all, from either desktop or mobile? Even in my country (Canada) where it it isn't great compared to the US, Bing searches account for around half of my monthly points now (over 5k).

Nov 3, 2017
No searches at all, from either desktop or mobile? Even in my country (Canada) where it it isn't great compared to the US, Bing searches account for around half of my monthly points now (over 5k).

Apologies for the confusion, I do the Edge ones, just not Bing(apart from going in to keep the daily check in bonus).

I've said it before, but this idea that people search that many times every single day is, if not outdated, absurd.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
I might do up to 20 searches a day. Some I wouldn't have made it there weren't points involved but still natural searches through the day.

brassica

Oct 26, 2017
France
All this time I've been using 35000 points to get 3 months (90 days) of GPU, but with 30000 points I can add 100 days instead?
And this won't change my GPU to Core?
Wow! I had no idea!

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Apologies for the confusion, I do the Edge ones, just not Bing(apart from going in to keep the daily check in bonus).

I've said it before, but this idea that people search that many times every single day is, if not outdated, absurd.
All good, I don't lose any sleep over it if I don't complete it. It has just become part of my routine and I typically do my searches during my morning work call, and generally I use it to read through daily news headlines anyways... so it's not completely wasted effort for me personally.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
Hey all! Am I the only one who is unable to set up auto-redeem?

I had it set for Game pass Ultimate, but now it says auto-redeem is off. If I go to re-enable it, the screen acts like I did but then it switches back off when I leave the reward page and come back. Weird!

Nov 3, 2017
ElNino Oh, no, I mean more generally the concept of Internet users searching 50+ times in a typical day of browsing the web news sites, forums and shopping etc in 2024, everyday (special circumstances required by one's job or whatever, excepted). Wasn't meant as a dig at Rewards hunters.🙂