MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
https://generacionxbox.com/infinite-undiscovery-renewal-microsoft/
infinite-undiscovery-generacionxbox.jpg

Infinite Undiscovery was one of those games that managed to give some visibility to Microsoft in Japan in the Xbox 360 stage. The game developed by Tri-Ace was well received in Japan and was the gateway for other projects in the stage in the one that Microsoft wanted to enter strong in Japanese territory. However, its reception in Europe and America was quite timid, but iron enough to have a user base wanting to want new deliveries.

We talked about a real-time RPG in which decisions and other actions the player was making occurred without pause. At the moment the game is not retrocompatible but it is possible that soon it could be.

Microsoft shows interest in Infinite Undiscovery
As we did with Lost Odyssey , and we have done with another series of games owned by Microsoft, we have been doing research on what is happening with some licenses. In the case of Infinite Undiscovery, Microsoft renewed the brand last year, specifically in September 2018 and also had several imputs with the property in December last year. As we can see in the capture attached.
It is interesting to see how the company renews this type of intellectual properties, but it is striking that it has not done so with other IPs that have worked commercially better than Lost Odyssey or Infinite Undiscovery. And it is that this IP was one of those that we cataloged within the 'cajón desastre' and took time in limbo, without renewing. In fact, in the game developed by Tri-Ace something curious happens, the copyrights correspond to Square Enix and Microsoft, both companies share the IP. This fact, added to the low commercial performance, makes us think that it is possible that we are working on making it retrocompatible.

However there are more details that leave good clues here, especially on the theme of Japan. As we advanced exclusively months ago, Microsoft has created a division to hunt for talent and opportunities in Asia, and has also shown interest in renewing brands of Japanese games . In addition recently Phil Spencer has traveled to Japan to close deals before the E3 2019. So I deduce that the brand wants to re-open a path in Japanese lands at what level do you want to do it? We still do not know that, but we will continue working on this topic to bring you as much information as possible.
(Google Translated)

Interesting. E3 hype! This is the Wikipedia page for those unfamiliar with the game

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Could this be due to incoming BC/X enhancement? Or does that have nothing to do with it

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I LIKED THIS GAME. EVERYONE SHUT UP IT WAS FUN.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt there are additional plans for the franchise apart from BC since it don't seem to have been popular or beloved but it would be nice to see a few more meaty RPGs on Game Pass. The Xbox 360 had plenty for fans of Japanese games but it feels like that part of Xbox history was swept under the rug when it comes to BC and Game Pass. The Japanese Xbox 360 shmup catalogue was amazing but barely anything from it is BC.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
So if you "infinitely undiscover" something, does that mean you completely forget it?

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Banjo-Kazooie was also renewed in September 2018...

Infinite was a good game once you got past the forest maze in the beginning. Had such a hard time getting through that portion.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the game was alright.

There's been a lot worse in recent years.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Average game at best, I thought it was fine and some really so dumb it's funny stuff in there.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I enjoyed this game. Fuck all the haters. The same haters are the one who praises garbage shit games such as God Hand.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
One of the worst 360 exclusives too

The game was truly putrid

I thought it was perfectly fine. Perhaps a bit bland, with ugly characters and a couple of hilarious moments rivaling that FFX laugh scene, but the gameplay was fun all throughout. If it's enhanced, I'll gladly double dip on it digitally, and play through it again.

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
There are worst Tri-Ace games. I enjoyed this one for what it was. Not sure how well it has aged, though.

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
I liked it too, even got the 1 G achievement for defeating Ethereal Queen on Infinity difficulty. It wasnt a masterpiece but wasnt a garbage game too

LutraLibre

Nov 1, 2017
I had fun playing through this game... twice. The one game for me, where "it's so bad it's good." Like a bunch of JRPG tropes rolled into one unwieldy mess.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A super bland RPG with a terrible name. There are better RPGs to keep going MS.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Dunno why this game gets the hate it does, at least it played decently. Story was poor but I don't think TriAce were ever good in that regard.

Yet people want a remake of trash like Legend of Dragoon. It was better than that game at least.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I LIKED THIS GAME. EVERYONE SHUT UP IT WAS FUN.
I liked it too, quite a bit actually. It's been a while and I don't remember a lot about it, but I know I liked the game, and enjoyed the story.
Everyone laughs at that gif of the "dinner dance" part, but it's meant to be funny anyway. The kids are just being kids, and Capell following along was just trying to be being funny. Sometimes people act silly to make others laugh, you know.

Last edited:

ccieag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vail, CO
I remember playing this steaming pile of crap. It was around the time this game out that I realized modern Square was simply a shell of what they used to be, and that they would never recover

Oct 29, 2017
Infinite was a good game once you got past the forest maze in the beginning. Had such a hard time getting through that portion.

Yeah, this. The beginning portion of the game is torture. If you can force yourself to get past it, the game actually becomes kind of cool. But I'd never begrudge anyone for giving up right away. The first level is truly awful.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If it's anything more than just enabling it for BC (something that they should attempt for every game they can) then it's a waste of time.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I remember having fun with this game. Like... it definitely has issues, but I still managed to have fun. I remember really liking the art style at the time as well.