• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL

Set to return for the January 17-launching second season of the Sonequa Martin-Green led Discovery as Captain Philippa Georgiou, the Yeoh series is in the very early stages, I hear. At present, with Yeoh likely planned to also be a part of future Discovery seasons, the new Trekverse addition from co-EPs Bo Yeon Kim and Erika Lippoldt is shaping up to be an ensemble

The latest spinoff is set to focus on a continuation of Yeoh's Discovery Season 2 adventures in Starfleet's Section 31 division. The semi-secret and autonomous organization has been a part of Trek lore since it was first introduced in the 1990s on the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine series.

UPDATE:
https://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek...-with-michelle-yeoh-for-new-star-trek-series/

Last edited:

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
Is Discovery that good? It looks great, but I'm not sure I want to sub on All Access.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I assume this will go to Netflix for people outside the US.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for more Michelle Yeoh....but the logistics of this character seem strange to me. Spoilers and everything.
She's super evil.

Also I need to re-watch season 1 pronto. What a great show.

Jie Li

Alt account
Banned
Dec 21, 2018
Glad Michelle Yoeh is getting some money before CBS bites the dust.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure I like action based Star Trek.

Edit:

Also does Discovery explain why they seem far more advanced for a show set before Kirk? I've only watched 4 episodes.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Is Discovery that good? It looks great, but I'm not sure I want to sub on All Access.
I fucking loved it. I was skeptical and signed up only for the free trial but was immediately hooked. It felt like a truly modern show about Star Trek, in a good way. Serialized storytelling, etc. Really great characters and twists.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's great that we get more of her, but it's a shame it's that version of her character.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
So it's going to be about Space Hitler working in Star Trek's version of the Gestapo.

Can't wait to see how edgy it is.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for more Michelle Yeoh....but the logistics of this character seem strange to me. Spoilers and everything.
She's super evil.

I mean, there's no shortage of anti-heroes on television and even in lead roles. They could take the angle that her prejudices are based on her environment and she's able to use her ruthlessness she built in her previous life in Section 31 and learn better. Then again, Section 31 has always been the least "moral" of any organization within Starfleet, so she likely fits right in, particularly immediately after a costly Klingon war.

Oct 25, 2017
Disco and Short Treks are great so I'm excited and it's an entirely new premise so we aren't just getting another starship going on adventures.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I haven't seen an episode but I heard about the hook for the Discovery pilot and I am SUPER CONFUSED

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a prequel but they using the mirror universe character.

So we will have a rotation of Discovery, Picard and now Georgiou.

Talk about famine to feast.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen an episode but I heard about the hook for the Discovery pilot and I am SUPER CONFUSED

Captain Georgiou is basically killed in the 2 hour premiere. The main character is punished for the incident responsibile for this. During the course of the show, the Discovery finds its way to a parallel universe-the Mirror Universe seen in other series. In this Universe Georgiou is still alive, but she's the Emperor of the evil faction that rules the universe-they basically kill/eat/enslave any aliens that aren't humans. She makes a deal with our main character to help the Discovery escape in the finale and makes her way back to our universe.

Rolodzeo

Nov 10, 2017
Spain, EU
She's super evil.

Yep, it's bizarre to say the least. Also, I'm worried that they are going full Disney with their galactic IP, perhaps they should slow down a little with all these new series.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
My only hope that the awful Mirror Universe and Section 31 type stuff is funnelled into this so maybe Discovery can be isolated from that bullshit.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Captain Georgiou is basically killed in the 2 hour premiere. The main character is punished for the incident responsibile for this. During the course of the show, the Discovery finds its way to a parallel universe-the Mirror Universe seen in other series. In this Universe Georgiou is still alive, but she's the Emperor of the evil faction that rules the universe-they basically kill/eat/ensalve any aliens that aren't humans. She makes a deal with our main character in the finale and makes her way back to our universe.
You forgot
The universe is a germ or something and it makes faster than warp travel possible

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just what I wanted out of Star Trek. A show about section 31, staring a genocidal evil space dictator from an alternate dimension

Keep on butchering that IP, CBS

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Discovery Spoilers

Captain Georgiou is basically killed in the 2 hour premiere. The main character is punished for the incident responsibile for this. During the course of the show, the Discovery finds its way to a parallel universe-the Mirror Universe seen in other series. In this Universe Georgiou is still alive, but she's the Emperor of the evil faction that rules the universe-they basically kill/eat/ensalve any aliens that aren't humans. She makes a deal with our main character to help the Discovery escape in the finale and makes her way back to our universe.

This makes me dizzy

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Captain Georgiou is basically killed in the 2 hour premiere. The main character is punished for the incident responsibile for this. During the course of the show, the Discovery finds its way to a parallel universe-the Mirror Universe seen in other series. In this Universe Georgiou is still alive, but she's the Emperor of the evil faction that rules the universe-they basically kill/eat/ensalve any aliens that aren't humans. She makes a deal with our main character to help the Discovery escape in the finale and makes her way back to our universe.
I stopped watching after the mid-season finale but this certainly took a turn.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Discovery Spoilers

This makes me dizzy

One of our main characters on the Discovery, Saru is a "Kelpian"

when Michael went to the MU world, she had to pretend to be evil to keep her cover-and she had MU Saru as a slave and also ate a Kelpian.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I wish we could get just one really great Star Trek show. Maybe there are enough great story lines to go around but I just hate when they dilute everything with spin offs. Five shows is bordering on saturation. I know they need content for their streaming service but jeez.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Yeah she was great in Discovery reminded me of Prince Vegeta with her arrogance towards the Federation. All aboard

BorkBork

Oct 25, 2017
Argh. Why do I want to watch an
irredeemably evil cannibal as the chief protagonist of a Star Trek show?