• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I love Trevor but man, I wish Stewart were around for this.
This.

It's a crime that Stewart isn't around to cover all of this.

Okay...The jokiness of this has finally worn off from me.

This is absolutely disgusting.

All the Trump spouting of corrupt/bias media for basically years now and all the nonsense Hannity has thrown up...now up to this reveal.

What a disgrace. Lock all this scum up.
Yup. It's all been fucking projection and attempts at interference/obstruction.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
giphy.webp
Lmao! I love this.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that Hannity both claims that Cohen was never his lawyer and also assumed their conversation was protected by attorney-client privilege.

This is why you shut up when shit like this comes out. Saying nothing looks bad. But you know whats worse? Saying three different things that all contradict one another.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This is why you shut up when shit like this comes out. Saying nothing looks bad. But you know whats worse? Saying three different things that all contradict one another.
These people can't help but run off at the mouth. If we had a functional congress they would have been long gone

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
They really are a bunch of grown up frat boys huh. That's why we need to teach ethics early.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Hannity could be in legal jeopardy.

He can afford any lawyer on Earth and yet decided to consult fixer and mob lawyer type... lawyer on legal issues and dealings. Why? There is story there.
Because Trump probably told him "Sean, talk to my guy. Michael. Michael Cohen. Great guy. He will get you out of any jam"

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
It used to be easier to stay quiet in events like this, but Twitter is an infinitely long rope that thousands of people love to hang themselves with.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Will Fox News talk about how it can't be fair and balance if they are directly involved?

You know if the 3rd client was Maddow or Lemon, they would be screaming murder

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't say what you said. The warrant concerns business dealings. They seized every document though, and they know some of them do fall under A-C privilege.
That doesn't prove that what you said was true: that the feds are claiming he doesn't practice law anymore (?). And I think that's the point - how are they supposed to know what's covered by A-C privilege if they don't know who the clients are?

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That doesn't prove that what you said was true: that the feds are claiming he doesn't practice law anymore (?). And I think that's the point - how are they supposed to know what's covered by A-C privilege if they don't know who the clients are?

You're mixing up posters here. I responded to the following post from Jag:

"No, they are claiming the documents seized are related to his business matters, not his legal practice. But they are shitting on his legal practice by showing how little legal work he does."

They aren't claiming that. They siezed all of his documents and Cohen tried to argue millions of them were covered by A-C privilege. The government argued he doesn't really currently practice law so that sounded unlikely and requested a list of clients. They are not arguing none of the documents they took are privileged. They're arguing most of them aren't because he doesn't really practice currently.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're mixing up posters here. I responded to the following post from Jag:

"No, they are claiming the documents seized are related to his business matters, not his legal practice. But they are shitting on his legal practice by showing how little legal work he does."

They aren't claiming that. They siezed all of his documents and Cohen tried to argue millions of them were covered by A-C privilege. The government argued he doesn't really currently practice law so that sounded unlikely and requested a list of clients. They are not arguing none of the documents they took are privileged. They're arguing most of them aren't because he doesn't really practice currently.
Oops :(