• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeroCDR

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still salty I had to delete MvC2 from my 360 to free up space way back when, and wasn't able to redownload it before they removed it from the store.

Give us MvC2 on current/nextgen consoles!!

as long as you purchased it, it should be available in your download history anytime my friend.

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
It's time. Get Code Mystics on a Capcom Vs Collection with GGPO including the following

X-Men vs. Street Fighter
Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000
Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
Street Fighter x Tekken

Why do I want thing 😓

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It's time. Get Code Mystics on a Capcom Vs Collection with the following

X-Men vs. Street Fighter

Street Fighter x Tekken

Why do I want thing 😓
No CoTA or MSH?

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
At least Marvel vs Capcom 2 got a relatively modern port. Us Capcom vs SNK 2 and Power Stone 2 fans are on life support.

Nov 1, 2017
I honestly don't understand why Capcom didn't take the extra time and money to not just relicense UMvC3 to be ported/re-released when they did but also do this for the MvC: Origins and MvC2 360 ports. Then give Microsoft the go ahead to make them backward compatible. At least that way there are two very good ports that are preserved and can be enjoyed for as long as Microsoft is in the console business. Wait, did i mention it would take extra time and more importantly money? Ah, there's the answer right there. Silly me.

At least Marvel vs Capcom 2 got a relatively modern port. Us Capcom vs SNK 2 and Power Stone 2 fans are on life support.

It's the ultimate cruelty that of all companies the port loving Capcom has kept a decent Power Stone collection off of modern systems. Instead they chose to throw a version onto the PSP, probably the most unsuited choice they could have gone with. Meanwhile they think nothing of tossing out barebones ports of Resident Evil and Devil May Cry games to practically any system that can play games. Come on Capcom, throw us a bone here.

Oct 25, 2017
Zrl4JUp.png

When someone takes you for a ride

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Would love to see this happen, but I doubt it ever will...

at least we got UMvC3 on PS5 via BC.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US

Honestly don't see it happening tho, how are the rights right now?

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Personally glad he said MvC2 instead of 3 or Infinite as that was my favourite and the one I want to return the most (especially since it already had a good port that added wide-screen support and Online play). I think it was already Capcom's plans what with the prior Evo invatational tourney, but nice to get traction all the same

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to happen eventually. Just have to continue to play the waiting game.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
So in for a rerelease of MvC2. 3 was alright but I checked out of Infinite pretty quickly. 2 is where my heart is.

Dec 15, 2017
Never understood why mvc2 was so popular. To me it was a clear step back from MvC other than the massive roster

CvS2 is the one that should be brought back from limbo.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
A Maximillian thread about a Playstation-sponsored tweet from Michael B. Jordan asking about MvC2. And another tweet from Yipes inviting him to matches.

This fucking year, man.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Lol do people think you cant shill and still like something? I would shill for PS or Xbox, just cuz life costs money and why wouldnt I?

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
MvC2 is still one of the best gaming experiences of my life. Probably one of my favorite games of all time. MBJ is a man of good taste i see.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
It's time. Get Code Mystics on a Capcom Vs Collection with GGPO including the following

X-Men vs. Street Fighter

Street Fighter x Tekken

Why do I want thing 😓

I'd pay $120 for this and do it with a fucking SMILE.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
Never understood why mvc2 was so popular. To me it was a clear step back from MvC other than the massive roster

The part in bold is one of the biggest reasons for its popularity, but also the 3-on-3, the absolute insanity of having so much happening on the screen at once, and the simplified control scheme probably all factored in IMO.

CvS2 is the one that should be brought back from limbo.

True statement.