Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
instead of women going to texas women will go to mexico... just like dental care

SFLUFAN

Oct 27, 2017
Alexandria, VA
Note: while the Mexican Supreme Court effectively decriminalized abortion, it doesn't mean that the procedure has been "legalized" yet.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
So now we'll have Americans sneaking over both the northern and southern borders for affordable & timely medical care? Neat.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Mexico going forward while Texas going backward, Texas pretty much is criminalizing it.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

apnews.com

Mexico's Supreme Court rules that abortion is not a crime

Mexicoā€™s Supreme Court has ruled that it is unconstitutional to punish abortion. The court on Tuesday unanimously annulled several provisions of a state law from Coahuila that had made abortion a criminal act.

The Supreme Court had previously ruled in favor of women who had been imprisoned or had their rights violated for abortions. But Rebecca Ramos, director of the nongovernmental reproductive rights group GIRE, said this is the first time the justices have debated the fundamental question: Should abortion be considered a crime or not.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I live in Arizona and people always go to the border for cheap dental work, if Arizona copies Texas law, people will go to Mexico for sure.

I'm happy for Mexico and Mexican woman's rights.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
TX will pass a law that would jail women for trying to get an abortion in Mexico. Just watchā€¦

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Border Doctors gonna be rich.

Still the fact it's come to this is total bullshit.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I'm not often proud of my country

But this, this is progress, worth celebrating, AND it passed unanimously

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Texans will hopefully now have another option to access basic ass healthcare..... What a shitshow America

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doctors across the border are gonna get a lot of business. Oh yeah.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Mexico one step forward, Texas three steps back.

Nov 2, 2017
Note: while the Mexican Supreme Court effectively decriminalized abortion, it doesn't mean that the procedure has been "legalized" yet.

I think you might misunderstand the situation. Decriminalization of abortion is preferred over legalization.

Legalization means legal only within a specific framework, meaning that abortion remains criminalized in certain circumstances. Decriminalization means it's legal across the board and not just legal within proscribed parameters.

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Good fucking news.

I think it still needs to be legislized on state level, but I'm not quite sure.

Meanwhile the PANIZTAS, the second political force in the country were wiggling and signing shit alongside VOX a couple of days ago. Thank fucking god those scumbags are out of power.

Last edited:

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Border Doctors gonna be rich.

Still the fact it's come to this is total bullshit.

They're preforming an essential service, so good for them. They deserve to get paid.

That said it bothers me that the arguments for and against abortion focus so much on babies. One of the primary reasons why abortion was legalized is because pregnancy is dangerous and often lethal. Women died all the time regardless of whether or not they wanted the baby due to pregnancy complications. And this suck as fuck country wants to go back to those days.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
conservative evangelicals can honestly go fuck themselves