• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
When is the Nazi theme then? What a shit theme.

The rich and powerful enthralling themselves in the traditional catholic practices of wealth, power, murder, and symbolism, once again, as they always have.

Pretty sure

1) there's a big gap between catholics and fucking Nazis

2) this seems like it's as much about taking the piss out of catholic imagery as much as it is about fashion in general

I guess we shouldn't wear symbols associated with any country or religion associated with oppressive regimes. So no more crosses, stars, crescents, or basically any flag of any major nation on earth.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
User warned: inflammatory comparisons
You should stop. Now.

Stop what? I'm expressing my dislike for a theme that is actively embracing a horrible element of the institution such as genocide, not religion or adherents of Catholicism, unless you are unaware, there's a pretty big difference between that and the institution, today and in history... Should I stop what, get down and grovel at the feet of the Catholic conservatives that defend the institution? Should I stop before I offend these poor people? Maybe it's easy for some to ignore things like the harmful missionary worked propped up by the institution that is ongoing in the world among other issues. There's a big problem with the institution and I think having a theme that embraces the institution's elements is wrong.

Pretty sure

1) there's a big gap between catholics and fucking Nazis

2) this seems like it's as much about taking the piss out of catholic imagery as much as it is about fashion in general

I guess we shouldn't wear symbols associated with any country or religion associated with oppressive regimes. So no more crosses, stars, crescents, or basically any flag of any major nation on earth.

I'm not talking about adherents, I'm talking about the institution itself, which is what this theme is embracing such as its symbolism, the institution has a history and continued perpetration of awful shit. The institution is equatable to the Nazis in many ways, of course the most well known is its campaigns of genocide, which this theme itself was celebrating too.

Last edited:

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Chrissy doing it right
er7fS7M.jpg
She was so damn salty all night because she missed head shit year. Loool!

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I don't usually care much about fashion, but these are pretty cool. The theme worked way better than I would expect it to.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Stop what? I'm expressing my dislike for a theme that is actively embracing a horrible element of the institution such as genocide, not religion or adherents of Catholicism, unless you are unaware, there's a pretty big difference between that and the institution, today and in history... Should I stop what, get down and grovel at the feet of the Catholic conservatives that defend the institution? Should I stop before I offend these poor people? Maybe it's easy for some to ignore things like the harmful missionary worked propped up by the institution that is ongoing in the world among other issues. There's a big problem with the institution and I think having a theme that embraces the institution's elements is wrong.

cringe.gif

Hank Hill

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 25, 2017
When is the Nazi theme then? What a shit theme.

The rich and powerful enthralling themselves in the traditional catholic practices of wealth, power, murder, and symbolism, once again, as they always have.

I'm not talking about adherents, I'm talking about the institution itself, which is what this theme is embracing such as its symbolism, the institution has a history and continued perpetration of awful shit. The institution is equatable to the Nazis in many ways, of course the most well known is its campaigns of genocide, which this theme itself was celebrating too.
Holy fucking shit.Someone got triggered.

Most costumes are great.

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, okay. Whatever. I guess it's just easier to ignore one of the worst conservative institutions in the world and what it has done and continues to do since peoples favourite celebrities embrace the extravagant elements of it.

Cool so i assume you only wear clothes designed by people of color? because Everything white people have done has a history of oppression and pain. You are throwing rocks at an event that has nothing to do with religion other then a dress up theme. People wont become catholic or support the church because black panther dressed like the pope.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
The Church can go jump off the cliff for all I care. Its the theme of Crusades that I find disgusting. Lets make a fashion theme of a time when the church-state ordered the butchering of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians. Makes me sick.
I'm 100% serious with this question:
If you feel this way about fashion, how do you feel about videogames with a "Crusader" class and stuff like that?

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there's ever been a bad picture of Zendaya.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I'm 100% serious with this question:
If you feel this way about fashion, how do you feel about videogames with a "Crusader" class and stuff like that?
I dont feel disgust as I do here. Partly because the Crusader class allows you to play as someone that is righteous and good. Also because you have autonomy over your actions. The same could not be said of Vatican during the Crusades that ordered the cleansing of the Holy Land.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I dont feel disgust as I do here. Partly because the Crusader class allows you to play as someone that is righteous and good. Also because you have autonomy over your actions. The same could not be said of Vatican during the Crusades that ordered the cleansing of the Holy Land.
I'd argue that from your view, it should be worse, actually.
Here, people just dress up, while calling yourself crusader and doing good actively ignores history, maybe even erases if from the minds of many.
I don't mind either, but the gaming example seems worse than this.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
wsu73.jpg

i guess he's just walking around with that gold record

you're cool

I saw this and thought Jaden was just being a dork but actually.

glalaxybrain.jpeg

If you think about it this is so on theme it is amazing. Catholic imagary is all about self aggrandisation. From the Pope, the obsession with saints and deifying high ranking members of the church. So carrying about a self centred golden record called "Icon" is on brand for Catholic imagery.

St Jaden, patron saint of mirrors.

discogs

Oct 28, 2017
London
Oh god it's all so terrible. Just labour alienated junk. Non of these lazy f-----s did anything towards such embellishment, design, anything - it's not like it's post-modern, it's just the same old rancid semiotics propping up the dumbest and laziest of power structures.

Deleted member 9838

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I aint really feeling any of this. it feels devoid of any emotion and oddly reminds me of the sorry state of american politics

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I'd argue that from your view, it should be worse, actually.
Here, people just dress up, while calling yourself crusader and doing good actively ignores history, maybe even erases if from the minds of many.
I don't mind either, but the gaming example seems worse than this.
But if I am playing a videogame as a crusader named RustyNails, I can make belief that I am a good guy and not necessarily execute innocent civilians just because the Vatican told me to. There is a degree lf autonomy and freedom. This is vastly different than glorifying the Crusades through a met gala fashion show. The biggest crime, as evident in this thread, is the desenstization of Crusades and what took place in the Holy Land. Maybe someone should have gone in as a peasant with a sword stuck in him.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
This is gross and disgusting.

The Metropolitan Museum collaborated with the Vatican on this event. They even lent items from the Papal Archives for the exhibit which opens this week.

Serving as the cornerstone of the exhibition, papal robes and accessories from the Sistine Chapel sacristy, many of which have never been seen outside The Vatican, will be on view in the Anna Wintour Costume Center

If they have not taken offense, I don't see why you ought to be.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some of those costumes.... whew.
Zendaya.

I want a high budget fantasy medieval movie franchise. That doesn't shy away from crazy storylines.

GoT should look tame and boring against it.