iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Great job on the OT Kindekuma - I love seeing high effort OTs like this which really embody the franchise or title the OT is about.

I've got my Special Edition arriving later this week but I also got a code for the game but I can't say much about it yet - I always appreciate industry folks hooking me up with game codes even though I'm not a reviewer. Looking forward to seeing what those review scores end up at and what people make of the game here when they get the game in just a few days.

So far, it has reignited a Metroid passion in me which is making me want to go back and play Zero Mission (GBA), Samus Returns (3DS), Super Metroid (Switch Online) and Fusion (GBA) all over again.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
As someone who loves the prime games but never played any of the 2D ones, how involved is the story? In Prime it wasn't that important and mostly just gave some context. Don't really have time to play through the rest of the 2D games, but have been dying for Metroid so really tempted to get this to hold me over till prime 4

The story that's relevant to this one is from Fusion and Samus Returns, but Dread tells you basically everything you need to do with a quick recap at the beginning of the game. They've said it's perfectly fine for someone new to the 2D games to play this first.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who loves the prime games but never played any of the 2D ones, how involved is the story? In Prime it wasn't that important and mostly just gave some context. Don't really have time to play through the rest of the 2D games, but have been dying for Metroid so really tempted to get this to hold me over till prime 4
The story is really not important at all. It's just a little extra flavor. You're fine to start with any of the games.

A_Jazzy_Book

Oct 27, 2017
It's time! Been playing Super for the first time as a lead up, and yeah, it's status is warranted.

Ready for Friday, provided Gamestop delivers on time!

Oct 27, 2017
My first Metroid game. I've had so many first time experiences with Nintendo series on the Switch and I'm hoping this will rank high amongst the others. I understand that Prime 4 is meant to be a much different experience when that eventually releases, but I like what I've seen of Dread.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
what is the point of the cloak

So she can rip it off dramatically when a fight ensues

Also it's weird that Metroid used to be my favorite series of all time, yet I'm only cautiously optimistic for this. I never got around to Samus Returns and all that downtime over the years has kind of left me feeling pretty distant from it all. Here's hoping Dread can relight that fire.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god a light at the end of the tunnel that is this week. I can't fucking wait.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Not from reviewers because that's embargoed, but I've seen people who have it early saying it's
around 8-10 hours to beat the first time and closer to 15-18 to 100%.
I beat it with 5 hours and 38% my first playthrough. I'll go for the 100% today and see how long that ends up being.

JustJosh

Dec 11, 2018
Wisconsin, USA 🐮
Great OT, I'm so pumped for this. Preordered digitally and ready to go.

(I normally don't preorder, but hey: I played Other M back in the day and this HAS to be better!)

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
I beat it with 5 hours and 38% my first playthrough. I'll go for the 100% today and see how long that ends up being.

I think the game time doesn't take into account when you die and redo fights like previous 2D Metroid games, so it's probably longer than 5 for you.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I think the game time doesn't take into account when you die and redo fights like previous 2D Metroid games, so it's probably longer than 5 for you.
I only died around 4-6 times so maybe add like 15-20 min

Metroid is my favorite series so I'm not expecting my time to be the average or anything

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Great thread title, but honestly it still feels a little surreal that this thread (and game) even exists.

Excited for Friday!

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
This is gonna be so damn good, I can't wait!!!

I wasn't addicted to Samus Returns like I hoped I'd be, I hope this isn't the same. Not sure what it was about that one that was off to me, but I got faith this will be one hell of a great game.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
It was very good. I was getting bored of the EMMI by the third one but they're fine I guess. The music is definitely lacking.

Not sure where I'd rank it. Probably Super > ZM > Dread?

I will definitely be replaying the game. I couldn't finish a replay of Samus Returns if that tells you anything.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Holy fuck my girl Samus is back. 😭 Haven't bought a new Metroid game since Metroid Prime 2, it's been so long.

We pray as one!

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Can't freaking believe I'll be playing DREAD this week.

I remember being excited for this game half my life ago.

OP
OP
Kindekuma

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just updated the OT for a minor grammar fix and also added in a Misc Info banner. Includes info on performance, modes, and install size.
Thank you all for the nice comments! I'll keep updating as needed.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
It was very good. I was getting bored of the EMMI by the third one but they're fine I guess. The music is definitely lacking.

Not sure where I'd rank it. Probably Super > ZM > Dread?

I will definitely be replaying the game. I couldn't finish a replay of Samus Returns if that tells you anything.
Yeesh. How are the door transitions?

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
so, it's pretty pricey, but it does ship to the us and canada if you're all okay with pegi/usk versions of the game. and for pal users, that's even less of an issue:

www.shop4megastore.com

Metroid Dread Special Edition Nintendo Switch Game - shop4megastore.com

Buy Metroid Dread Special Edition Nintendo Switch Game and other products in Gaming at shop4megastore.com. Order today and receive Free Shipping and hassle-free returns on all our products.