IronTed

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2019
Also, it seems to take place on a planet? That's good, Fusion/Other M already had space stations. Granted it still looks pretty sterile.

adam being in the game isn't very surprising either. Hopefully it isn't intrusive like in Fusion

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Gameplay looks great, really loving the whole "You are an unstoppable killer, yet these robots will mess you up" dynamic. Keeps you on your toes.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Confirmation on Treehouse that everyone's favorite character, Adam is back (the AI version from Fusion). At least it's not the real guy from Other M again, lol

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
This looks sooo much better than Samus Returns. I imagine Nintendo was more hands on with this one since it's an all new entry.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
EMMI is stressing me out just watching this, god damn.

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
Looks good, but the environments are kinda drab and lifeless. Hope there are different environments.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Super fucking hyped for a new 2D Metroid.

Just not really digging the 2.5D vibe, just never feels as tight as a proper 2D game. But fuck it this is day one regardless.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
The comparison point is it's 2021, what Nintendo showed in the trailer look shit graphically (while also being very generic design), and there are now competitors in Metroid's genre that show that doesn't need to be the case/against which Metroid just doesn't come close to matching based on what we've seen in this trailer.
Well I mean that's all subjective at this point. Game could always be prettier, it's just both those games couldn't be further removed from Metroid stylistically than they already are.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
This game has made my E3!!! METROID DREAD LIVES!!!!

And it's the sequel to Fusion. Is the Federation after Samus? Are they trying to kill her? Those robots, have they been sent out by the feds? Samus vs. The Federation. Bring it on!!!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is truly a Fusion sequel.

Hopefully Adam doesn't restrict where you can go off exploring THIS time.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I know that it's not a first for the series, but I was surprised at the mechanical aspect of the setting this time. It feels foreign somehow. Maybe it's the ambiance, or the fact that we never had that many mechanical enemies outside of bosses. It's really intriguing to me.

Also, is the morph ball gone now? Or maybe you get it in lategame now? Seems like they wanted to make this game more fastpaced, but I could see the ball being tied to the slide to give an initial movement boost.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The animations on these things is crazy.

This absolutely is not what I expected from the game but is it ever a nice surprise.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Music so far seems a total let down vs the other OG games, but otherwise its nice to see another Metroid 2D-ish game.
Price is once again ridiculous, so probably not picking this up at launch

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
Visually looks rough, all over the place. Hopefully it's polished up before launch, but it's not long...
Looks cool, though.