• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Game no Kanzume Otokuyou, which contains TWELVE games:

16t
Flicky
Putter Golf
Hyper Marbles
Shi no Meikyuu
Medal City
Paddle Fighter
Ikasuze! Koi no Doki Doki Penguin Land MD
Pyramid Magic
Robot Battler
Teddy Boy Blues
Aworg

kraftdinner

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2019
makes me feel good about getting both a US and Japanese one.

two of these games so far absolutely will not make it on the US version so it's interesting to see what the variants will be.

Oh don't get me wrong. Some of the games displayed so far are absolutely must have for me. If they do not show up on the US version, I will very much buy a JP unit too!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
This is meant to be a "digest" version of the two versions that were on Mega CD, but this was still technically released on Mega Drive via Sega Channel.

and also we're not getting it in the US.

Second Batch of 10 games (JP)

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
The 10 games confirmed via stream for Mega Drive Mini:

- Thunder Force III
- Super Fantasy Zone
- Musha Aleste: Fullmetal Fighter Ellinor aka M.U.S.H.A
- World of Illusion
- Bare Knuckle/Streets of Rage 2
- The Hybrid Front
- Landstalker
- Contra Hard Corps
- Dyna Brothers 2: Sega Channel Special
- Game no Kanzume Otokuyou

Hybrid Front, Game no Kanzume Otokuyou, & Dyna Brothers 2 never got an US release and Super Fantasy Zone only saw an US release via Wii Virtual Console, making these titles likely to not be on the Genesis Mini in the US.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Hot diggity damn, great new choices so far.

World of Illusion makes me hopeful they'll spring for Aladdin.

Assuming these games are the same ones that show up on the US version anyway. Wonder when they'll announce that?
Honestly this collection needs Aladdin IMO. Especially considering the new film is on the way. I am not too fond of the game personally but I think that alone would help push this past a million in the US easily.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017

- Thunder Force III
- Super Fantasy Zone
- World of Illusion
- The Hybrid Front
- Landstalker
- Contra Hard Corps

Hybrid Front, Game no Kanzume Otokuyou, & Dyna Brothers 2 never got an US release and Super Fantasy Zone only saw an US release via Wii Virtual Console, making these titles likely to not be on the Genesis Mini in the US.
Game no Kanzume Otokuyou counts as one game, right?

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017

- Thunder Force III
- Super Fantasy Zone
- World of Illusion
- The Hybrid Front
- Landstalker
- Contra Hard Corps

I think Super Fantasy Zone will be in the western version. The Hybrid Front might possibly get localized like Monster World IV was but I would not bet on it.

Otherwise you are spot on. We should be getting most of these if not all.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I assume so since they're doling these out in reveals of 10 new games. They said there'll be another event where they do ten more between now and E3, and one more right before E3 with the last ten.

Honestly this collection needs Aladdin IMO. Especially considering the new film is on the way. I am not too fond of the game personally but I think that alone would help push this past a million in the US easily.
Yeah I totally agree, and I love that game. It's the third best selling Genesis game of all time. If they're banking on nostalgia that's as good a reason as any.

OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
That is an amazing list. And this is only half of the total games.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure, yes.

I think Super Fantasy Zone will be in the western version. The Hybrid Front might possibly get localized like Monster World IV was but I would not bet on it.

Otherwise you are spot on. We should be getting most of these if not all.
I really hope Super Fantasy Zone makes it, but I feel like they'll cut it since there's no "nostalgia" for the game in the US.

Worth posting a thread for the new announced titles?
Yes, if not just for "CONTRA HARD CORPS TO BE RE-RELEASED VIA MEGA DRIVE MINI!"

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Worth posting a thread for the new announced titles?

go for it.

I really hope Super Fantasy Zone makes it, but I feel like they'll cut it since there's no "nostalgia" for the game in the US.

i could see them doing that but i feel like it would be a waste if they didn't at least put SOME games westerners may not be super familiar with. discovering old games you never played in their heyday is one of the appeals for these boxes i'd imagine.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Dreams came true today! Hoping for Ristar, Monster World IV and Alien Soldier still and given M2 seem to have creative control over which games are included could we even get Battle Mania Daiginjyou?

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

Kaworu

Oct 28, 2017
They just said the next batches of games are going to get people more excited compared to the already announced ones.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
HNNNNNNNGGGGG, so in all likelihood, the Western version is at least getting Contra Hard Corps, World of Illusion, MUSHA, Landstalker, Streets of Rage 2, and Thunder Force 3, with a strong possibility of Super Fantasy Zone?

I said God DAMN.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
If we somehow got Battle Mania Daiginjyou in the western version on top of a lot of this stuff I would legitimately say that this is forever my favorite hardware in all of gaming history.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Pretty sure, yes.

Yes, if not just for "CONTRA HARD CORPS TO BE RE-RELEASED VIA MEGA DRIVE MINI!"

Done!

They just said the next batches of games are going to get people more excited compared to the already announced ones.

To say this bodes well for the rest of the lineup would be a massive understatement.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

It is precisely because of the movie coming out that I think it won't be possible because the license might be expensive.

Also, the game was made by Virgin, which means Sega would have to pay double license.

Reason why this Mickey game was included is because the license is cheap and because Sega originally made the game.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
It is precisely because of the movie coming out that I think it won't be possible because the license might be expensive.

Also, the game was made by Virgin, which means Sega would have to pay double license.

Reason why this Mickey game was included is because the license is cheap and because Sega originally made the game.

didn't disney re-release he PC game themselves? do they own the rights to it now?