OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Another Bandai Namco anime game that quality will disappoint, Kamen Rider got 27/40 from Famitsu.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Its a silly metric since Switch will sell more third party software by order of magnitude, but what are chances of Switch having more third party million-sellers than PS4 now that it has Capcom's support and an eventual DQ with a Monsters game potentially on the way?

The number is 5 to beat. Unless you count Iceborne Master Edition as its own G-type game.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Kamen Rider games are forever cursed to be mediocre. Such a disappointment coming from a series full of action and game-like gimmicks.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
I think Nintendo has something to do with that. Since they are publishing.
I could totally see Nintendo releasing it in December and giving it a short interval from announcement. Not sure if it's a good idea for this kind of game but eh, that's a bridge to cross if we reach it.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, given that it is so close to being done, would it be wiser to release it in december or in a potentially packed 2021?

I really dont know if its done, just assuming

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

Pulling 100K weeks in October is super impressive. Mario kart live always seemed like a product with limited overall appeal, it's not for everyone. It'll be interested to see how word of mouth goes. IMO it seems like a great product but it's expensive and isn't something you'll get as much use out of like a regular game like Mario kart.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

74k is more than I had anticipated they would have available in terms of stock lol, and it's only 54% sell-through? Not that it's a bad performance, of course, this isn't going to perform like a mainline Mario Kart, after all.

96k for Switch is a strong number for sure, still going strong (and still out of stock, so it's not even like we have an what the system is capable of right now).

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I think Mario Kart Live's performance must be assessed more in light of a peripheral rather than an actual game because of its cost and its nature. That said, it's an interesting project from Nintendo that I'm happy it exists as it exploits Switch with AR. It'll be interesting to see sales in the long-run, especially under holidays and if Nintendo will release other characters.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I think Mario Kart Live's performance must be assessed more in light of a peripheral rather than an actual game because of its cost and its nature. That said, it's an interesting project from Nintendo that I'm happy it exists as it exploits Switch with AR. It'll be interesting to see sales in the long-run, especially under holidays and if Nintendo will release other characters.
Right, this is nothing like an actual Mario Kart game: it's a peripheral with a game attached, not the next Mario Kart (MK9, not MK10). The expectation should be that it does a lot less than a mainline MK game imo, and 74k as a start for such a peripheral seems decent (not great, not impressive, but not bad, either).

Better debut than Ring Fit, btw. Sky's the limit 😜

Last edited:

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Mario Kart Live seems to me like a holiday product. Wasnt expecting it to sell out from the start.
Will be interesting to see

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
74k for MKLive sounds okay from my point of view. I didn't expect it to sell much higher. Switch HW sales are also very strong again.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Impressive that Switch manages to do nearly 100k without any big release thanks to its big list of evergreen titles.

I wonder how much hardware Nintendo is saving up for December and early January if they are increasing the amount of Switches being made

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Impressive that Switch manages to do nearly 100k without any big release thanks to its big list of evergreen titles.
With stock issues, to boot. Could possibly be well over that if the stock were there.
I wonder how much hardware Nintendo is saving up for December and early January if they are increasing the amount of Switches being made
I hope they have a tonne. For a 30M units production, you'd expect shipment to be able to go over 25M I think. However, Europe and US sales are also hugely up year on year, so there's a tricky balancing act there as well. Hopefully we easily break the 6M barrier for the year, though!

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Mario Kart Live seems more aimed at the children's market at Christmas or other holidays than at day 1 buyers.