Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Objects in the Rear View Mirror is an amazing song. It was used recently in How To With John Wilson.

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
Dude lost his way somewhat in his later years but was long known to suffer CTE and mental health issues. I ain't mad at him, just wanted to give him a hug. He was also a vehement and diligent crusader for his own digital rights. He has a personal Youtube account and would comment on people slamming his recent live performances. He also used it to issue copyright takedowns, including, notably for me, a live performance of Bat out of Hell i did at my high school variety show. Meat Loaf tribute acts (of which there are numerous) were known to have serious beef with the man himself because of his possessiveness.

Long story short, he was troubled. But he put his whole ass into live performances, released great music and clearly had a very big, and sensitive, heart. He was formative for me. I'll miss him quite a lot.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Huge bummer. Dude is a rock legend and has some great acting performances under his belt. I see Era is already running him through the purity test. Sheesh.

Edit: Had no idea Meatloaf was an antivaxxer. Really disappointing. I guess he paid the ultimate price.

Last edited:

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to Bat Out of Hell II now as I work. "I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) gives me fucking chills to this day. What a song.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
RIP

My Mum used to always have his songs belting out on the cassette player when I was little and I quickly became a fan myself.

Birbo

Oct 25, 2017
Paradise by the Dashboard Light was the song we closed out our wedding reception with. When we told the DJ that's what we wanted, he tried to talk us out of it saying "Do you know what that song is about?" It was epic.

RIP Mr. Loaf.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
His outtakes were unfortunate in the last few years, but the man made some amazing music that I have listened to for decades. R.I.P.

I would do anything for life, but i won't do vax?
cd7.gif

FnordChan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Beautiful Chapel Hill, NC
This one hurts, and it's even more painful with Steinman having left us last year. The world is now a less magnificently bombastic place for Meat's passing.

For those of you who knew Meat Loaf as Eddie from Rocky Horror, be sure to check out the performance he gave on the 1974 Roxy Theater stage recording of the Rocky Horror Show. There, Meat plays both Eddie and Dr. Scott and I wish they'd kept it that way for the film. This rendition of "Eddie's Teddy" ditches the plodding pace of the film version (after a suitable amount of vamping in the intro) and Meat just tears it up:

www.youtube.com

Eddie's Teddy

Provided to YouTube by The Orchard EnterprisesEddie's Teddy · Meat LoafThe Rocky Horror Show: Original Roxy Cast℗ 1974 Ode RecordsReleased on: 1974-01-01Auto...

And for folks who knew Meat from his collaborations with Jim Steinman, here's the first one of their songs to make it to vinyl as a single back in 1973:

www.youtube.com

Meat Loaf - More Than You Deserve (1973 Single - Long Version)

Music & lyrics by Jim Steinman. Single version arranged by Norman Bergen. This song was written for the Michael Weller play "More Than You Deserve." I've als...

This release was cancelled right before it was due to go out to record shops, but thankfully promo copies made it out into the wild. Meat later re-recorded "More Than You Deserve" on the album Dead Ringer, but I love the earlier, gospel-tinged version we get here.

We've lost an absolute legend today. Rest in peace, Marvin Lee Aday.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the ending of that "how to with john wilson" mandella effect episode last year was really emotional for me.

and then there's this one:
m.youtube.com

All Of Me

Provided to YouTube by Legacy RecordingsAll Of Me · Meat LoafHell In A Handbasket℗ 2011 Sony Music EntertainmentReleased on: 2012-03-12Composer, Lyricist: Da...

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Legendary artist in so many forms of media. Hit me harder than I even thought it would. From Bat out of Hell to Fight Club, this guy was all over my life.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I always cop a smile when he shows up at the beginning of Pick of Destiny. For some reason my little 2 year old loves that movie and all the songs - including that opening song!

RIP

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Paradise by the Dashboard Light has been a wedding reception staple in my family for as long as I can remember. What a great voice and great talent, rest in peace good sir.

Aug 7, 2020
Wow , the most iconic singer of the 80s . I still remember one of his song , I'll do everything for love . In addition , he had amazing vocal . Damn , RIP , you iconic loaf of meat .

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Saw him about 8 years ago in concert. It was awful. I loved his music but he really couldn't sing anymore, it was really fucking sad to watch that show with how he was barely able to hit the high notes, strained voice.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Nah fuck him no sympathy for those who spread misinformation on vaccines.

I wonder how many fans of his that he spoke to, refused the vaccine and died with him. I bet a few.
There was a report he made public statements in Australia. These people can never just keep it to themselves. They always take down others with them.