• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is a weird one. He sees his plans for expansion and sees he wants to rule for eternity. How does Peter even know what this being is? It's like if some person gave you a vision of the universe and you see an energy being and somehow guess its correct name. That's a 1 in eternity chance.
Same energy
tumblr_o1y0n4CHZP1ry8rcwo1_400.gif

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
That is a weird one. He sees his plans for expansion and sees he wants to rule for eternity. How does Peter even know what this being is? It's like if some person gave you a vision of the universe and you see an energy being and somehow guess its correct name. That's a 1 in eternity chance.

The beings have names that usually directly call out their innate "purpose" or existence. Like Death is supposed to be the literal embodiment of the concept. It's kinda like when you see something that just makes sense and you call it out for what it is, regardless of the language. Like Zero/Null/Nothing. You know that there's nothing when you see nothing.

I been thinking, when is Marvel going to go up with the Pym particles? Like shrinking at a certain limit you grow outside the universe into Overspace

I'm pretty sure that the MCU won't touch on some super insanely obscure stuff. They'll usually save the obscurities for Easter Eggs and such, but most likely won't have any mainline focus on them. Although I personally think that'd would be cool to see, but it would probably fuck with the brains of the general audiences.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The beings have names that usually directly call out their innate "purpose" or existence. Like Death is supposed to be the literal embodiment of the concept. It's kinda like when you see something that just makes sense and you call it out for what it is, regardless of the language. Like Zero/Null/Nothing. You know that there's nothing when you see nothing.
Like, these COULD be easter eggs, but they could just be nothing. They're poorly set up ones and require far too much to understand and convey to the screen which is why Perer knowing its name is really weird. Marvel could come around and say it was intentional but then it just becomes really poorly done easter eggs.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
You don't see Eternity in its actual form, its the concept of Eternity there. Janet is the embodiment of Eternity in that specific scenario (i.e. She has been down there for an Eternity)

giphy.gif

That's a stretch. I will give you the GotG2 reference though. I recognized that one in the moment.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Could this mean that the dusted have seen Death or will they see Death when they get undusted?

Would be cool if true!

I don't think the dusted characters actually see Death as they're just absorbed into the Soul Stone.

Gamora and Loki, however, if revived in some non-time travel shenanigans (possibly through the power of the Soul Stone) could have claimed to have seen Death.

Like, these COULD be easter eggs, but they could just be nothing. They're poorly set up ones and require far too much to understand and convey to the screen which is why Perer knowing its name is really weird. Marvel could come around and say it was intentional but then it just becomes really poorly done easter eggs.

These beings actually require a lot to understand them even in the comics, so it's fair to say their MCU counterparts would require the same.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Is it though?

All those instances of Infinity listed in the OP fell more like they needed a vista for "weirdness from dimension X" - a common trope in cosmic sci-fi - and that they have limited ways of rendering it.

Samurai_Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Would think growing up in space you'll hear of the lores etc beyond earth knowledge tbf

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I saw it as more that his mind had been opened to this cosmic awareness which allows him to name check Eternity. He's obviously not himself in that moment and Ego puts him in that "trance" in an attempt to get him to see the bigger picture and stop caring about his friends. I would bet that he barely remembers anything he said after he snapped out of that.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
If they're already planning to include the eternals, I wish they had just found a way to integrate Death for Thanos. It's silly, but it makes more sense than the "limited resources" explanation we got.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Normally I would say that this is stretching it, but Kevin Feige is known to think 10 steps ahead.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think I can see the concept of eternity just fine within the holes in this theory.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
characters have been seen sleeping in the mcu = nightmare confirmed for dr. strange 2

Except Nightmare hasn't been directly mentioned within the MCU itself *rolls eyes*

If they're already planning to include the eternals, I wish they had just found a way to integrate Death for Thanos. It's silly, but it makes more sense than the "limited resources" explanation we got.

Yeah, excluding Death was a huge decision and it took away a lot from Thanos as a whole. The Eternals are definitely in the pipeline though.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Except Nightmare hasn't been directly mentioned within the MCU itself *rolls eyes*

Yeah, excluding Death was a huge decision and it took away a lot from Thanos as a whole. The Eternals are definitely in the pipeline though.

They even had that great tease at the end of Avengers 1. "To challenge them would be to court death"

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Stretching this much would rip Reed Richards in half.
EDIT: I wrote this before seeing the post above.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I think you're giving too much credit to the MCU to pull off something of that scale.

Let's not jump to conclusions here, they managed to pull off a scaled down version of the Infinity Saga, which isn't an easy task to do, but definitely seemed "impossible" if you were to say something like this back in like 2008. The fact that Fiege and team pulled this off over 10 years - which included doing all the heavy lifting of universe building and concept introductions, the next 10 years we can expect to see some more insane over the top shit like that at a much faster pace.

Stretching this much would rip Reed Richards in half.
EDIT: I wrote this before seeing the post above.

If they Marvel was able to retcon that little kid from IM2 as young Peter Parker, anything is possible.

They even had that great tease at the end of Avengers 1. "To challenge them would be to court death"

I'd go out on a limb and say that further supports the existence of these entities within the MCU.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's not jump to conclusions here, they managed to pull off a scaled down version of the Infinity Saga, which isn't an easy task to do, but definitely seemed "impossible" if you were to say something like this back in like 2008. The fact that Fiege and team pulled this off over 10 years - which included doing all the heavy lifting of universe building and concept introductions, the next 10 years we can expect to see some more insane over the top shit like that at a much faster pace.
They did universe building by introducing characters from different corners of the MCU, they have barely scratched the surface when it comes to the crazier stuff and when they do mention the crazier stuff, it's held back because I don't know why.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
My brother's a huge nerd for Marvel cosmic stuff and he's been predicting Eternity's going to have a big role in the movies for years so this is a trippy thread to see.

Ronin1138

Banned
Jan 10, 2019

If this is from Ant Man I'm 99% sure that's supposed to be a tease for Wasp. It's even mentioned in the second film which is why they can connect with each other.

The only eternity references are in the guardians films

Also based on the OP wouldn't Dr Strange and Ant Man see INFINITY rather than eternity? One is getting infinitely smaller while the other is seeing the infinite dimensions of the multiverse

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The only thing worse than being an MCU stan is being an Avatar stan with a high horse.