sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I had the mcspicy burger today which is new to the UK. It was ok, not nearly as good as the KFC zinger though.

At least between the mccrispy and the mcspicy chicken burgers mcdonalds now has two things I can order, which is handy given how vile their beef burgers are

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just want to chime in and say this sandwich sucks now that the hype is long gone. When the demand was high they were constantly making fresh ones, but lately every time i get one it tastes stale as hell.

Yep this is where I'm at.. ordered one a month ago and shit tasted oolllddddd

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Man Wendy's really needs to reinvent their sandwich. It's still the same boring shit it always was
Edit: Ah, this is an old thread. Well, I like the current spicy chicken sandwich from McDonald's. We didn't have it over in Eastern Europe, so it was nice to taste it coming back to the US recently.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Chick fil a made me think chicken sandwiches were terrible for years, then Popeyes showed me they can be just as good or even better than hamburgers when done correctly. So far I haven't seen one better than from Popeyes.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Just want to chime in and say this sandwich sucks now that the hype is long gone. When the demand was high they were constantly making fresh ones, but lately every time i get one it tastes stale as hell.
I had one about two weeks ago and it was just a McChicken patty on the potato bun. Still charged me $5 too.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Man Wendy's really needs to reinvent their sandwich. It's still the same boring shit it always was
Edit: Ah, this is an old thread. Well, I like the current spicy chicken sandwich from McDonald's. We didn't have it over in Eastern Europe, so it was nice to taste it coming back to the US recently.

Wendy's makes a reliable grilled chicken, though.

I wish more places had good grilled chicken sandwiches. Wendy's is decent.

Right? I actually liked the old one from McDonald's, too, but it was one of their many pandemic menu casualties.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017

Yep, this is 100% my experience, too, and I'm a junk food junkie. I eat at Mcdonald's a lot. I can sometimes get a fresh one if I go at just the right time (noonish), but any other time of day, it's obviously been sitting there for quite a while.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
I miss their Buttermilk Crispy Chicken sandwich. I actually liked that the chicken wasn't as thick as other places. Might try this to see if I like it more but I'm not hopeful.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Totally off-topic, but did BK in Canada get rid of their Big King burger? I was looking to try it earlier today, but I didn't see it on the menu.

And on-topic; we've had the McCrispy here in Canada for a few months now. It's a step up from the McChicken, but I honestly don't think it has what it takes to compete in the chicken sandwich wars. It could disappear off the menu tomorrow and I wouldn't miss it, really.

Aug 17, 2022
Burgers always use meat that's grounded up and formed. You are wrong. I suppose a peanut butter an jelly sandwich is a burger too.

A PB&J sandwich is a sandwich. Because it's filling between two slices of bread. A chicken burger is a burger because it's on a bun.

By your logic, spaghetti is a burger because a single ingredient in the dish is ground meat.

I've tried but there's a surprising lack of mental health professionals willing to provide counselling about burgers, which is most of what I think about

Art_3

Banned
Aug 30, 2022
You fought in the Chicken Wars?
TmmIlr.jpeg

Aug 17, 2022
Burger is short for HAMburger but i guess that is not a hard rule because veggie burgers aren't made of meat.
Phunclear is right,if veggie burgers are burgers then chicken burgers can be burgers too.
burger burger burger

Now you're getting it, and I welcome you to the correct side! You can make a burger with a nice grilled portobello mushroom, turkey, veggie patty, anything that's grilled or cooked really. Why is chicken this magical exception with Americans that suddenly makes it a "sandwich"?

Slices of bread = sandwich
Bun = burger

The Deleter

Sep 22, 2019
I hate that when I order these I always get the least amount of toppings possible. If the image shows three tomato slices on top of the burger, I should get three tomato slices, not zero

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Now you're getting it, and I welcome you to the correct side! You can make a burger with a nice grilled portobello mushroom, turkey, veggie patty, anything that's grilled or cooked really. Why is chicken this magical exception with Americans that suddenly makes it a "sandwich"?

Bun = burger
There is valid reason to draw a line between a breaded and fried chicken breast (as you'd find in what the US calls a chicken sandwich) and something made with ground up whatever, like a McChicken.

Like, you can't tell me that a McChicken *patty* and a breaded and fried chicken breast are the same thing.

Is an fried egg in a bun an egg burger? No. The way the US generally defines it is burger = a cooked patty made of ground up meat and or veggies in a bun. If you put cooked roast beef in a bun, it's not a beef burger. It's a beef sandwich.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Bun = burger
Whataburger sells an Avocado Bacon Burger that comes on toast. Also, the Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich is sometimes ordered subbing out the toast for buns. The Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sandwich even defaults to a bun!

I need to know where these fall on the burg-o-meter lol

plagiarize

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Whataburger sells an Avocado Bacon Burger that comes on toast. Also, the Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich is sometimes ordered subbing out the toast for buns. The Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sandwich even defaults to a bun!

I need to know where these fall on the burg-o-meter lol
Also! Burgers were first served on toast, cause burgers predate the burger bun.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
A PB&J sandwich is a sandwich. Because it's filling between two slices of bread. A chicken burger is a burger because it's on a bun.

By your logic, spaghetti is a burger because a single ingredient in the dish is ground meat.

I've tried but there's a surprising lack of mental health professionals willing to provide counselling about burgers, which is most of what I think about

So if I put peanut butter and jelly on a bun, that makes it a peanut and jelly burger? Is a hot dog a burger? Is a sub a burger? Is a torta a burger. Is a Cubano a burger?

This is as bad as some people in the states calling everything a Coke.

And I use Italian sausage in my spaghetti.

Art_3

Banned
Aug 30, 2022
So if I put peanut butter and jelly on a bun, that makes it a peanut and jelly burger?
Since veggie burgers are a thing,sky's the limit,only a matter of time before a L.A burger joint tries to sell a peanut and butter burger
Is a hot dog a burger?
A hot dog is a hot dog
Sub is another name for a sandwich
Is a torta a burger.
Don't know what that is
Is a Cubano a burger?
That's a person

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know what that is

www.foodnetwork.com

What Is A Torta?

Discover the origins of this beloved Mexican sandwich and how to make it at home.

www.simplyrecipes.com

Make the Best Cuban Sandwich Ever, Right at Home!

Here's how to make the BEST Traditional Cuban Sandwich, a.k.a. the Cubano, at home! Layers of mojo-marinated pork roast, ham, cheese, and pickles make this sandwich outstanding. Serve toasted grilled bread sandwich hot or cold!

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
The spicy chicken sandwich is so wildly inconsistent. If you get a bad cut you just threw away $10.

The meat-puzzle that is fast food chicken is wild.

Oct 27, 2017
There used to be chicken burgers at these places tho right? Like I'm sure until the chicken sandwich wars started all these fast food goofs were just using grounded up chicken concoctions and breading them to form their "sandwiches.

My personal favorite of those was the Burger King OCS.

Art_3

Banned
Aug 30, 2022
There used to be chicken burgers at these places tho right? Like I'm sure until the chicken sandwich wars started all these fast food goofs were just using grounded up chicken concoctions and breading them to form their "sandwiches.

My personal favorite of those was the Burger King OCS.
A bit off topic,i remember when i read a copypasta that said nuggets were made by throwing little chicken at meat grinders,😂

Aug 17, 2022
Like, you can't tell me that a McChicken *patty* and a breaded and fried chicken breast are the same thing.

They're not the same thing. But when you have an extremely similar thing, prepared in an almost identical way, presented in an identical form (ie on a bun with lettuce, tomato, condiments), then it makes sense the categorise them with the same name, a burger. By your logic, the chicken burger pictured here has more in common with the chicken sandwich, as opposed to the beef burger?

iu
iu
iu

Is an fried egg in a bun an egg burger? No.

Yes. Bacon and egg burgers for breakfast, yummo.

This is what you all sound like to me

iu

plagiarize

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
They're not the same thing. But when you have an extremely similar thing, prepared in an almost identical way, presented in an identical form (ie on a bun with lettuce, tomato, condiments), then it makes sense the categorise them with the same name, a burger. By your logic, the chicken burger pictured here has more in common with the chicken sandwich, as opposed to the beef burger?

iu
iu
iu

Yes. Bacon and egg burgers for breakfast, yummo.

This is what you all sound like to me

iu
I mean, yeah. In my mind the two chicken based sandwiches have more in common.