• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
There's absolutely no saving that company. AEW is gonna destroy them soon enough. Probably as soon as Punk signs on. And they won't recover til it gets real bad. Then the board will force Vince out and HHH will modernize things.

Oct 25, 2017
We aren't living 70+ years ago. Using cancer to get heat is fucked up and people, clearly, don't want to see that type of carnival bullshit anymore.

It still works in so many places. It's been constant for over seventy years, that means even 3 years ago, etc etc

also people are morons and still want old shit. did you see all the people who thought that dustin's blade job was a good thing? I'm all for using a little bit of color sparingly in the right places, but the people celebrating it were fuckin pitiful.

There's absolutely no saving that company. AEW is gonna destroy them soon enough. Probably as soon as Punk signs on. And they won't recover til it gets real bad. Then the board will force Vince out and HHH will modernize things.
please let punk go

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If people bought a PPV over someone mocking a cancer survivor who relapsed and faced CANCER again I hope they never breed and are removed from the gene pool.

Comparing an over the top blade job to mocking a cancer relapse is beyond the pale.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
It still works in so many places. It's been constant for over seventy years, that means even 3 years ago, etc etc

also people are morons and still want old shit. did you see all the people who thought that dustin's blade job was a good thing? I'm all for using a little bit of color sparingly in the right places, but the people celebrating it were fuckin pitiful.

please let punk go
LMFAO you're the one with your head in the ground, sorry. Just like you were about all this AEW stuff all along. It's happening. Whether that's at all out or the TV debut in October.

Stop being blind to everything the Bucks and Cody and Kenny do, because they're pretty obvious about the stuff they set up in the future.

Oct 25, 2017
If people bought a PPV over someone mocking a cancer survivor who relapsed and faced CANCER again I hope they never breed and are removed from the gene pool.

Comparing an over the top blade job to mocking a cancer relapse is beyond the pale.
I'm not comparing the two. Child, please

LMFAO you're the one with your head in the ground, sorry. Just like you were about all this AEW stuff all along. It's happening. Whether that's at all out or the TV debut in October.

Stop being blind to everything the Bucks and Cody and Kenny do, because they're pretty obvious about the stuff they set up in the future.
uh, what? I was excited for AEW, still am...do you have any idea who you're even talking to because it sounds like you have me confused with someone else. DoN was good. I was looking forward to it and $50 was steep but they delivered. I'm looking forward to their weekly show. Are you even on the right planet? Get it together.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
If I hadn't to compare anything in wrestling to using cancer for heat it was the Eddie-sploitation by Orton and Batista

Oct 25, 2017
I love ya, Sunny, but I don't have time for this.

Fuck WWE for turning cancer into an angle. Defend it all you want.
I'm not, ya fuckin goon! God damn you, if you're trying to push my buttons and get me hot about it you won! you won god damn you!

If I hadn't to compare anything in wrestling to using cancer for heat it was the Eddie-splotation by Orton and Batista

Crazier shit goes on in Mexico, friend

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for the Sasha interviews now 2-3 years from now.

Can't wait to hear where the fuck Vince's is brain is at right now in regards to what he's doing in the womens division.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Yep.

It was also illuminating that tonnes of content and characters get cut in the writing room once it's only down to vince, hhh and another person. I know some will say hhh is just having to go along with everything vince wants but his fingers are over all this shit too.

I still maintain there's a lot of main roster booking on NXT masked by incredible workrate

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I love Jericho inserting the ads like that, I think it's funny. You can always tell when he does it as well because you can hear it was recorded somewhere else.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Jericho podcast suck. His ability to suddenly slide into a ad is just abominable.

My guest today just made a huge splash at AEW's premier pay-per-view event. You may know him as Dean Ambrose. Many fans have also known him as, and now know him as, JON. MOXLEY. That's right, we've got Jon Moxley coming up. But first, let me tell you about BARK BOX.

(no clue what ads he's doing these days)

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Takumi finally ended Nanae's reign of terror and her gear matches the belt!

THANK THE HEAVENS.
D7vbb1sUcAYQDJ_.jpg

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lol punk would draw but he alone isnt putting anyone out of business. Plus tna still exists so I doubt wwe is going anywhere anytime soon.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WWE is worth 7 billion dollars lol It ain't going anywhere . Like lets stop this aew vs wwe thing.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"He's got the Million Dollar Man complex, he's gotta be able to buy anything. That's why he pays Brock billions of dollars to come in and ruin his company, because he wants to be able to own Brock"

DAMN
When I was at starrcast during the something to wrestle panel, bruce prichard pretty much said that the million dollar man character is vince so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
When I was at starrcast during the something to wrestle panel, bruce prichard pretty much said that the million dollar man character is vince so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Yes. If you read Ted Dibiase's book, vince sold ted on the idea by telling him it was an idea he'd come up with for himself, and that ted would travel first class all the way on vince if he did the gimmick.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So when Meltzer said Moxley is filming a movie right now, that must have been just based on Moxley telling Vince that he's locked in for a film and telling the same to other WWE guys, haha.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Lol punk would draw but he alone isnt putting anyone out of business. Plus tna still exists so I doubt wwe is going anywhere anytime soon.
WWE is worth 7 billion dollars lol It ain't going anywhere . Like lets stop this aew vs wwe thing.
Well, I never said anything about going out of business. I'm sure they'll always have a footprint in some way. But I specifically said when things get bad enough that Vince possibly gets forced out. It is a publicly traded company after all, even if Vince does own a large portion of it.

And for sure, it's not happening anytime soon. AEW will have its share of problems down the road.

But they're clearly not invincible and they're propped up by those TV contracts and that Saudi money. If viewership continues to decline and their revenue drops just by virtue not being the only big name in town anymore, that fall will come faster than people think. Especially when that TV money bubble bursts. Bigger companies in bigger industries have failed before.

Just think about it. Who is watching the product now? It isn't really kids. The average age of viewers is super old now. So they're not really sustainably making new fans like they did before. I mean, we're proof positive of that.

His monopoly over the industry will continue to diminish and people need to wisen up to that regardless of AEW or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.