• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Vince:
tenor.gif

I genuinely liked both Women's things on this show, but man... it's the same 6 women between both shows

Becky
Charlotte
Bayley
Lacey
Iiconics

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Don't feel he'd fit well with the Lucha Bros.

Oh that actually got me thinking. Just put Luchasaurus in there for max lucha shit. That or give someone like Sammy or Sonny a chance to shine

I'm trying to think of someone who they want at that level, not necessarily that fits the match just as a match. I don't think they have Sammy or Luchasaurus in the same "tier" as the main event guys. They seem to really be getting behind MJF.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I genuinely liked both Women's things on this show, but man... it's the same 6 women between both shows

Becky
Charlotte
Bayley
Lacey
Iiconics
Because Vince thinks that its still possible to find the next Trish/Sable, and that people only watch because they may find the names you listed incredibly attractive, in ring skills be damned.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I feel like this is a huge blind spot for WWE in general. Vince fucking loves his blondes to the expense of the rest of the women on the main roster right now. Becky and Bayley are the sole exceptions, and I can't help but imagine that Bayley is going to just be fed to Charlotte again.

NXT isn't much better right now, just in a different format. If Shayna retains on Saturday, the NXT Women's Division is going to be in incredibly deep shit booking wise. Because logically there should be no reason for Shayna to retain anymore, considering she's completely leveled EVERYONE ELSE in the division.

This is probably a lukewarm take, but AEW is doing a lot better with what women they do have right now. I feel like while the AEW Women's Roster (incl. guest talents) is weaker on an even playing field, they still have a fairly significant edge over WWE simply because they are going to push a wider variety of women. Where in WWE, Vince is on an eternal quest to find another Trish/Sable, while also beefing up Charlotte's title reigns. Which suffocates everyone else.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
They've had all of one match, with no build.

I ain't giving AEW credit for shit, til it actually happens.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I miss Hayabusa so much, dudes.

I don't think I've ever missed a wrestler this much. He's pretty much THE wrestler who got me into wrestling outside of WCW.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm trying to think of someone who they want at that level, not necessarily that fits the match just as a match. I don't think they have Sammy or Luchasaurus in the same "tier" as the main event guys. They seem to really be getting behind MJF.
No one is in the same tier as them that's available unless they'd want to insert Page for some reason. I guess I have to concede MJF the next logical choice if they want someone closer to that level but they also seem to want to similarly push Havoc and Jungle Boy too so maybe their good candidates as well.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys think Moxley is going to feud with Japanese talent? Because I was thinking that I really want to see Moxley vs Taichi with a lot of fuckery. I'm actually laughing thinking about it.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_ps7pg1uVz41u6s6mco1_500.gif

Imagine shitting on Brock when he's more entertaining in the one day a quarter he shows up than the 'workhorses' who work every town.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
So in "water is wet, sky is blue" news, WWE cancelled another Smackdown house show on Monday due to the Wildcard Rule.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
With this whole 'work the boys' thing and Sami.

Why would that even be something you would lie and manipulate your employees about?

Fuck is wrong with them.

Oct 25, 2017
And it deserved more goddamn credit. Lots of people missed Luchasaurus when he was in LU. It's still a great show.

Jake Strong getting the belt at the end aside, I actually really enjoyed LU. I even thought the brief Sexy Star reign was fine even though that's kind of not great in hindsight. The Cueto Cup in season 3 was a really fucking good tournament. People seemed to really like it in season 1, but Meltzer started turning on it and everyone else just kind of did too, but I always thought it was super fun. I wasn't a fan of how they handled contracts, but everything actually on screen was always pretty cool. Lucha Underground was my first exposure to wrestling outside the WWE, and I'll always appreciate it for that.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jake Strong getting the belt at the end aside, I actually really enjoyed LU. I even thought the brief Sexy Star reign was fine even though that's kind of not great in hindsight. The Cueto Cup in season 3 was a really fucking good tournament. People seemed to really like it in season 1, but Meltzer started turning on it and everyone else just kind of did too, but I always thought it was super fun. I wasn't a fan of how they handled contracts, but everything actually on screen was always pretty cool. Lucha Underground was my first exposure to wrestling outside the WWE, and I'll always appreciate it for that.

I think the "Will they, won't they" delay before Season 2 followed by a severe drop in quality did more damage to that show than anything else. Season 3 was a pretty good rebound and the Season 4 was just batshit insanity, and not in the good way.

I can't say too much bad about Season 4 though, they gave Marty the fucking belt (even though the season/series ends with Jake Strong holding it)

lucha-underground-marty-moth-martinez-champion-interview.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.