SuperL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
why it needs to leave when it's all owned by Warner Media is beyond me. There's a ton of missing content here and it really probably comes down to wanting to rotate stuff through the service so people will keep resubbing

Someone once told me that the old Time Warner put the "fun" in "corporate dysfunction". It's kind of clear that they don't plan to change that under At&T ownership.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
The stuff that is leaving was already on HBO for a long time and was already set to leave at the end of May. It's just bad/weird timing to launch Max five days before HBO's stuff changes over to the new month.

why it needs to leave when it's all owned by Warner Media is beyond me. There's a ton of missing content here and it really probably comes down to wanting to rotate stuff through the service so people will keep resubbing
I'm guessing this has to do with prior contracts before max.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
Watching True Lies today since it leaves the service tomorrow, why haven't we gotten a remaster of this since 2003? Ugh.

this and the abyss. Come on JC, Do it now!

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
There's more to it, when on the app on my phone I can click my list from there and it'll take me to a page just of my list. In the apple TV it just cuts off after a certain amount of title while son the home tab. It's so frustrating, something so common to a streaming app has been overlooked.
Yeah, on my iPad it cuts off at ten or so and then I go to a different screen to view them all. On my Apple TV it just scrolls to the right like on Netflix, except it doesn't wrap around.

Draconian

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Band of Brothers is such a great show. I feel bad it took me this long to finally see it.

Also, the TCM collection is incredible to have day one. I spent a few minutes browsing and found a ton of stuff I want to see.

Oct 27, 2017
Band of Brothers is such a great show. I feel bad it took me this long to finally see it.

Also, the TCM collection is incredible to have day one. I spent a few minutes browsing and found a ton of stuff I want to see.

Seriously, the service is justified on the TCM collection alone, the HBO factor is the least exciting thing about it.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
If it was doing great why would they speed it up when they could just leave it week by week to keep fans subscribed as long as possible? Without Roku or Fire TV, I doubt any Max content is doing well.
That doesn't explain why they would dump it in increments instead of all at once? Dumping the show would not be the solution to the problem. It's a streaming show and they don't have a scripted max original after it.

MattD

Nov 4, 2017
I'm pretty happy with the app on iPad so far. Watched all the new Looney Tunes, which were really fun. Now I'm watching Adventure Time so I can finish it before the first miniseries episode is released.

Castform

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Florida, United States
They also aren't going to bother moving up the release to a show that's not doing well. What would be the point? It's not network television.

If it was doing well, then why would they move it up? With a ten episode run, it could run for roughly two months and a half allowing HBO to keep two subscription renewals from monthly subscribers who want to watch it. However, if it is doing poorly (as I believe), moving it up allows them to try to keep viewers watching the show by capitalizing on binging impulses and hopefully get a little word of mouth advertising.

And I find it kind of amusing that a couple of you are effectively saying "that's not what the tweet from the press release account says, so it can't be true." It's a press release that won't be verifiable and possibly lying about something that most likely wouldn't run afoul of consumer protection laws.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me the whole Max & Amazon relationship?

We pay for HBO as an add-on through Amazon Prime, but now my HBO go and HBO now apps no longer give me the ability to log-in via Amazon account, but I also dont pay for HBO max (yet?)

Is this a delayed thing, or should I rework the way I pay for all this?

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ

We pay for HBO as an add-on through Amazon Prime, but now my HBO go and HBO now apps no longer give me the ability to log-in via Amazon account, but I also dont pay for HBO max (yet?)

Amazon allegedly still allows you to watch HBO as channels as it always has. There is just no way to see Max content which is basically everything you get now with Amzn Plus the max content that everyone has been talking about, max original, loony toons, movies not on regular "broadcast" HBO.

This is the first I've heard of Amazon accounts not being allowed to log into the Now app (I just let my Prime channel HBO expire this month and signed up through YouTube TV which gives u max.)

But I'm guessing because of the way that Now more or less became Max, Amazon won't work in Now until they make a deal.

Oct 25, 2017
This is dumb. I still can't get my verification email to link my account. Can't access anything even though I have an active ATV subscription to the channel.

darkhunger

Oct 28, 2017
USA

Just cancel your Amazon HBO membership and subscribe with WarnerMedia directly. They are trying to point everyone towards the HBO Max app moving forward so there's really no point in getting HBO through other apps anymore.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Just cancel your Amazon HBO membership and subscribe with WarnerMedia directly. They are trying to point everyone towards the HBO Max app moving forward so there's really no point in getting HBO through other apps anymore.
That's true for many, but having regular HBO just added to YouTube TV and Hulu Live shows they are still wanting people to watch their HBO shows on "TV". That allows those HBO broadcast shows to be recorded and saved for later and curated that way as well as watching live HBO shows integrated into your regular TV watching. So if you have one of those services (or cable) to me it's worth signing up there (same $15 price but you get integrated hbo channels) you then still nave the Max app for that content for which I have created a separate watch list just for Max shows.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
If it was doing well, then why would they move it up? With a ten episode run, it could run for roughly two months and a half allowing HBO to keep two subscription renewals from monthly subscribers who want to watch it. However, if it is doing poorly (as I believe), moving it up allows them to try to keep viewers watching the show by capitalizing on binging impulses and hopefully get a little word of mouth advertising.

And I find it kind of amusing that a couple of you are effectively saying "that's not what the tweet from the press release account says, so it can't be true." It's a press release that won't be verifiable and possibly lying about something that most likely wouldn't run afoul of consumer protection laws.
Ya, it's much healthier to pull assumptions out of your ass for no reasons. I have zero reason to not believe what they say. They could just as easily be pushing it up to capitalize on word of mouth and get more subscribers earlier, rather than focus on keeping more over a period of time.

HBO already has what, 10+million subs? I doubt many are signing up or even staying on the service for that show. So why not throw them a bone and release a "popular" show earlier.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Why the heck is there a limit to the number of items that appear on "my list"? A bunch of things I added aren't showing up. Smh.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Ya, it's much healthier to pull assumptions out of your ass for no reasons. I have zero reason to not believe what they say. They could just as easily be pushing it up to capitalize on word of mouth and get more subscribers earlier, rather than focus on keeping more over a period of time.

HBO already has what, 10+million subs? I doubt many are signing up or even staying on the service for that show. So why not throw them a bone and release a "popular" show earlier.
Having watched the show and seen the reviews, it's not a reach to claim HBO is full of shit on this one. At best the show is mediocre.

Draconian

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Having watched the show and seen the reviews, it's not a reach to claim HBO is full of shit on this one. At best the show is mediocre.

This is not always a great barometer for how a show is doing. Some of the most watched titles on Netflix are those poorly reviewed Adam Sandler movies.

Last edited:

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Random thoughts: Yeah I hope they phase DC Universe into this eventually. On that note Doom Patrol can hang with the best HBO output god damn am I hooked and can't wait to rec it to everyone.

Also wish Venture Bros was here too. I'm sure I'm going to rewatch some of the other classics but it really feels like a gaping whole in the Adult Swim lineup and damn do I wish I could catch up with it on this service.

Inlaw wanted to watch an action movie so we put on an action movie so we put on Cold Pursuit. First 30-45 is pure Liam Neason action shclock and then the movie decides "Fuck it I'm Crash now." The tonal shift is so fast I couldn't believe it but it made the movie so much better then it had any right to be

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, the service is justified on the TCM collection alone, the HBO factor is the least exciting thing about it.
I mean, HBO still has produced several of the best series ever made. Having full access to that library is always going to be great.
Why the heck is there a limit to the number of items that appear on "my list"? A bunch of things I added aren't showing up. Smh.
There isn't. On the main browsing page it just doesn't display your full list. You can see everything if you go to your profile name in the top right and then hit "My List".

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I just realized they have the first and third Hobbit movies, but not the second. They're the distributors, why not have them all?

darkhunger

Oct 28, 2017
USA
I just realized they have the first and third Hobbit movies, but not the second. They're the distributors, why not have them all?
Its available for streaming on the TNT app... Which of course is also a WarnerMedia app...

The whole Wizarding franchise is available as well except for Fantastic Beasts 1 which is being streamed on the NBC app... But they just did a deal with Universal for the rest of the franchise so why leave 1 out??

Its like they are doing this on purpose...

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Random thoughts: Yeah I hope they phase DC Universe into this eventually. On that note Doom Patrol can hang with the best HBO output god damn am I hooked and can't wait to rec it to everyone.

Also wish Venture Bros was here too. I'm sure I'm going to rewatch some of the other classics but it really feels like a gaping whole in the Adult Swim lineup and damn do I wish I could catch up with it on this service.

Inlaw wanted to watch an action movie so we put on an action movie so we put on Cold Pursuit. First 30-45 is pure Liam Neason action shclock and then the movie decides "Fuck it I'm Crash now." The tonal shift is so fast I couldn't believe it but it made the movie so much better then it had any right to be

I think 'Doom Patrol' might be one of the best TV shows of the last few years. Everything about it is so deftly crafted.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
There isn't. On the main browsing page it just doesn't display your full list. You can see everything if you go to your profile name in the top right and then hit "My List".

Thank you!

Edit. Looks like there isn't a profile option for the Android TV app.

Last edited:
What's coming in June 2020?
OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What's coming in June 2020.
Underlined means its a HBO show or HBO licensed show.

Notable Additions:
  • Final Destination movies (June 1st)
  • TMNT movies (June 1st)
  • X-Men: First Class (June 1st)
  • Chicago (June 1st)
  • Rugrats Go Wild (June 1st)
  • Popeye (June 16th)
  • South Park all seasons (June 24th)
  • HBO Max: Adventure Time Distant Lands (June 25th)
June 1st 2020 said:
June 1st 2020
  • Adventures in Babysitting
  • Amelie
  • The American
  • An American Werewolf in London
  • Another Cinderella Story
  • Beautiful Girls
  • Black Beauty
  • Bridget Jones's Baby
  • The Bucket List
  • Cabaret
  • The Champ
  • Chicago
  • A Cinderella Story
  • A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song
  • Clash of the Titans
  • Cradles 2 the Grave
  • Crash (Director's Cut)
  • Doubt
  • Dreaming of Joseph Lees
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous
  • Dune
  • Elf
  • Enter the Dragon
  • Far and Away
  • Final Destination
  • Final Destination 2
  • Final Destination 3
  • The Final Destination
  • Firewall
  • Flipped
  • Forces of Nature
  • The Fountain
  • 4th & Forever: Muck City, Season 1
  • Frantic
  • From Dusk Til Dawn
  • Full Metal Jacket
  • Gente De Zona: En Letra De Otro
  • The Good Son
  • The Goonies
  • Hanna
  • Havana
  • Heidi
  • Hello Again
  • The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
  • The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
  • The Hunger
  • In Her SHoes
  • In Like Flint
  • The Iron Giant 1999
  • It Takes Two
  • Juice
  • The Last Mimzy
  • License to Wed
  • Life
  • Lifeforce
  • Lights Out
  • Like Water for Chocolate
  • Looney Tunes: Back In Action
  • The Losers
  • Love Jones
  • Lucy
  • Magic Mike
  • McCabe and Mrs. Miller
  • Misery
  • Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
  • A Monster Calls
  • Mr. Wonderful
  • Must Love Dogs
  • My Dog Skip
  • Mystic River
  • The Neverending Story
  • The Neverending Story II: The Next Chapter
  • New York Minute
  • Night In Rodanthe
  • No Rservations
  • Ordinary People
  • Our Man Flint
  • The Prallax View
  • Patch Adams
  • A Perfect World
  • Pedro Capo: En Letra Otro
  • Personal Best
  • Persumed Innocent
  • Ray
  • Richie Rich
  • Rosewood
  • Rugrats Go Wild
  • Running on Empty
  • Secondhand Lions
  • She's The Man
  • Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
  • SPace Cowboys
  • Speed Racer
  • Splendor in the Grass
  • The Stepfather
  • Summer Catch
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3
  • Tess
  • Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
  • The Time Traveler's Wife
  • Titanic
  • TMNT
  • Torch Song Trilogy 1988
  • Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie
  • Tweety's High Flying Adventures
  • U-571
  • U.S Marshals
  • Unaccompanied Minors
  • Uncle Buck
  • Veronica Mars
  • Walking and Talking
  • We Are Marshall
  • Weird Science
  • When Harry Met Sally
  • Wild WIld West
  • Wonder
  • X-Men: First Class
  • You've Got Mail

June 2nd 2020 said:
June 2nd 2020
  • Inside Carbonaro S1

June 4th 2020 said:
June 4th 2020
  • We're Here, Season Finale

June 5th 2020 said:
June 5th 2020
  • Betty, Season Finale

June 6th 2020 said:
June 6th 2020
  • Ad Astra
  • Yvonne Orji: Momma, I Made It!

June 7th 2020 said:
June 7th 2020
  • I May Destroy You, Series Premiere

June 10th 2020 said:
June 10th 2020
  • Infinity Train, Season 2

June 12th 2020 said:
June 12th 2020
  • El asesino de los caprichos (The Goya Murders)

June 13th 2020 said:
June 13th 2020
  • The Good Liar

June 14th 2020 said:
June 14th 2020
  • I Know This Much Is True
  • Insecure, S4

June 16th 2020 said:
June 16th 2020
#GeorgeWashington
Age of Big Cats, Season One
Ancient Earth, Season one
Apocalypse: WWI, Season one
Big World in A Small Garden
The Celts: Blood, Iron & Sacrifice, Season one
Cornfield Shipwreck
The Daunting Fortress of Richard the Lionheart
David Attenbourough's Ant Mountain
David Attenbourough's Light on Earth
DeBugged
Digits, Season one
Dragons & Damsels
Ebony: The Last Years of The Atlantic Slave Trade
Expedition: Black Sea Wrecks, Season one
First Man
Going Nuts: Tales from Squirrel World
Hack the Moon: Unsung Heroes of Apollo
The History of Food, Season one
Hurricane the Anatomy, Season one
Into the Lost Crystal Caves
Jason Silva: Transhumanism
King: A Filmed Record… Montgomery to Memphis (Part 1 and Part 2), Season one
Knuckleball!
Leonardo: The Mystery of The Lost Portrait
Looney Tunes, Season one
Man's First Friend
Penguin Central
Pompeii: Disaster Street
Popeye, Season one
Pyramids Builders: New Clues
Realm of the Volga, Season one
Sacred Spaces, Season one
Scandalous: The Untold Story of the National Enquirer, Documentary premiere (CNN)
Scanning the PyramidsScience vs. Terrorism, Season one
The Secret Lives of Big Cats, Season one
Secret Life of Lakes, Season one
Secret Life Underground, Season one
Secrets of the Solar System, Season one
Space Probes!, Season one
Speed, Season one
Spies of War, Season one
Tales of Nature, Season one
Tsunamis: Facing a Global Threat
Versailles Rediscovered: The Sun King's Vanished Palace
Viking Women, Season one
Vitamania
Whale Wisdom
The Woodstock Bus

June 18th 2020 said:
June 18th 2020
  • Summer Camp Island, S2
June 18th 2020 said:
June 19th 2020
  • Bully. Coward. Victim. The Story of Ray Cohn
  • Entre Nos: The Winners
  • Bajo El Mismo Techo (Under The Same Roof)

June 20th 2020 said:
June 20th 2020
  • Ford v Ferrari
June 21st 2020 said:
June 21st 2020
  • Perry Mason
June 22nd 2020 said:
June 22nd 2020
  • Hard, Series Finale

June 24th 2020 said:
June 24th 2020
  • South Park, Seasons 1 - 23