GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
GZ9gnmkXQAAstIW.png

Pretty cool, HGSS gyms were going to have unique flairs to each one this being Falkners.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, as someone who felt the same way about Legends: Arceus as you did (it may, at this point, be my favorite game in the series), I don't think the DLC will do much for you. I do think that the DLC introduces some nice locales with some fun characters, but I don't think it'll scratch that Gen 1-5 itch (though I'd definitely give the music a listen, as a lot of the Gen 5 remixes introduced in the second half of the DLC are stellar [pun not intended, but a happy accident nonetheless]).

I think the DLC's in particular offer a lot of side content. Chasing the rich couple around, upgrades for your room, the unlockable trainer battles where they visit your room. Finding the legendaries based off the clues provided. The photographers quests, the quest to rebuild a place. I'm probably forgetting more tbh. Both dlcs also offer large (by pokemon standards) multilevel caves.

The ending of stellar crown is also a dungeon in every sense of the word.

Sounds like there's not going to be anything juicy for Gen 7? Wack. I wanted to see what was cut from a story perspective because I got the vibe they made a heap of changes at some point.

On SV, I think they would ironically be received worse if they performed well because instead of discussions focusing on the performance and bugs they'd be focused on all the other areas it's lacking. It's unbelievable to me just how little there is to do in the game. It's an open world game with nothing to find and a storyline you can theoretically do in any order but the lack of any scaling means you don't really have a lot of choice. I think playing through one storyline at a time using different teams like I did is the best way to get enjoyment out of it.

Not at all, I quite liked SV but found the DLC to be a massive rip-off lol

I do agree about the S/V discourse but hmm the post from Klastical makes me wonder if I would get some joy out of it. Are they ever on sale?

May 22, 2023
Florida
It is always kind of creepy and disgusting how so many in here trip all over themselves to reap the benefits and stuff their faces with stuff from a "leak" while talking out of the side of their mouth about how wrong it is, knowing full well that employee information and far more actually got taken from this.
Also nice using the cute term "leak" instead of what it was, and that is a hack.

Last edited:

danger_chunk

Jun 7, 2018

No please put them down and be nice to them 🥺 they're just a lil scrimblo

Evolotto / Pippa, a Pokemon that was planned to evolve into any Pokemon according to developer notes associated with it. How they would have gone about doing that is a mystery, however.

Absolutely wild concept with really strange lore implications if Evolotto could evolve into mythic and legendary mons. Perhaps secretly a rude lil dude in disguise.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Evolotto / Pippa, a Pokemon that was planned to evolve into any Pokemon according to developer notes associated with it. How they would have gone about doing that is a mystery, however.
That's actually a galaxy brain level Pokemon idea. I'm pretty sure there are YouTube challenges like that lol.

Maybe it has a chance to evolve every 5 or 10 levels, and depending on the level range it can evolve into certain groups of Pokemon that have equal rates of occuring. But you only get one evolution, so it really is an "Evo" "lotto".

Maybe you also have a proper evolution to it that has no special weighting and can only be acquired by the lotto.

Quinton

Staff Writer at TheGamer / Reviewer at RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar, With Love
Alright hmm.

Refer to this post from me: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ma...-freak-see-threadmarks.1008315/post-130212441

I quoted people that mentioned pretty well what I also didn't like about S/V. Basically, for me, I always treated Pokémon from Gen 1-5 as a JRPG where I can build my own party. Having a overarching plot with a "big bad" I have to defeat, interacting with NPCs, going through dungeons and have something like boss-fights, exploring towns and have the one or other side-quest here and there. The actual monster catching and breeding part was always a "Post Game" activity for me to finish things up and complete the game with the post game.

With the exception of ORAS and S/M I felt starting with X/Y, then Sw/Sh and finally S/V the "RPG" part of Pokémon largely vanished. There is no real post-game anymore, no real dungeons, no side quests, no explorable towns and the story that is there basically serves as a guide through the game world like a theme park while the games now fully focus on the monster catching and raising part while abandoning everything else.

This is also why Legends Arceus was a highlight for me I liked very much because I felt like playing an RPG again.

Dang, are you me?

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I am curious how this leak affects GF going forward, beyond the absolute demoralization in the immediate I mean, I wonder if they change anything. I presume so long as more info doesn't get out about future projects they won't change much, but who knows

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I am curious how this leak affects GF going forward, beyond the absolute demoralization in the immediate I mean, I wonder if they change anything. I presume so long as more info doesn't get out about future projects they won't change much, but who knows
Imagine if they were planning to reuse some of the leaked beta Pokémon for Gen 10 and now they'll have to scrap them

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Company meetings about avoiding phishing scams and possibly increased security on accessing their server.
Imagine if they were planning to reuse some of the leaked beta Pokémon for Gen 10 and now they'll have to scrap them
I don't think they'd go that far, they've revived cut designs people knew about before. Who knows, they might even pay attention to ones people like for future reference.
EDIT: Okay, they weren't cut designs, but Sugimori made up some creature designs for a magazine cover and two ended up becoming Pokemon, Tyranitar and Tirtouga.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Every reused idea we've had proof of so far has changed completely from the previous design. I can't see it being a problem.
that we've had the scrapped/beta after the final versions were released, not before

EDIT: Okay, they weren't cut designs, but Sugimori made up some creature designs for a magazine cover and two ended up becoming Pokemon, Tyranitar and Tirtouga.
except for these ones perhaps

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
So reading over the Gaia/Gen 10 mentions in the anime, they seem super adamant about not allowing environments that are shaped by pokemon, which leads me to believe that will be a key part of the game

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
So once they hit the 3D era, they seem to have pretty much stopped making beta mons that are massively different from the final versions, which makes sense given how much more work it is than a sprite, but its interesting to see

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
why had I never seen this Johto starters art from Gen III? It turns out it's always been on Bulbapedia and everywhere else lol

johto.png

This existed since 2004, but we didn't get their updated official artwork until the HGSS remakes. I prefer this Totodile art over the official one:
0158Totodile.png