Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody who is still arguing against common sense gun control laws is a straight-up dumbass.

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
The pacing of shootings makes it look like shooting is immediately replaced/overwritten by another...All are tragic and the politicians supporting weapons rights are criminals.

I did watch a documentary stating a shooting increases the risks of a shooting happening and this seems sadly true.

Oct 28, 2017
Greatest country in the world, but you can't go out anywhere without the possibility of being shot and you can't drink the tap water because it will give you cancer.

American exceptionalism at its finest.

Anybody who is still arguing against common sense gun control laws is a straight-up dumbass.
I'd suggest that they are happy with these shootings. I know when I'm not happy about something, I do something to change it. They do not. I'd suggest that this is what they want because it sells more guns for their corporate ownership and it hurts public education and the GOP's most heavily moneyed opposition in the teacher's unions. It's a feature not a bug.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
It's various things and not exactly pinpointable, but various levels of mental health, easy self confirming social bubbles online, and potentially fucked living conditions are all different things that add up to cause tipping points
Those are problems in a lot of countries.

What is strange to me is they seemingly are trying to shock us and these last two may have involved multiple shooters.

This is straight up evil.

And our response as a nation is beyond cowardly.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
"It's too soon to talk about this" says country where there's a mass shooting every hour

poweld

Nov 1, 2017
I'd suggest that they are happy with these shootings. I know when I'm not happy about something, I do something to change it. They do not. I'd suggest that this is what they want because it sells more guns for their corporate ownership and it hurts public education and the GOP's most heavily moneyed opposition in the teacher's unions. It's a feature not a bug.
I think you nailed it here. If these events didn't turn a profit for those in power, something would have been done long ago.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
"But no one reports on Chicago."

SpiritedBossyApisdorsatalaboriosa-size_restricted.gif

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Those are problems in a lot of countries.

What is strange to me is they seemingly are trying to shock us and these last two may have involved multiple shooters.

This is straight up evil.

And our response as a nation is beyond cowardly.
Our country has easier access to tools to act out actions with and american culture in general pushes a get it done yourself or a make your voice heard mentality

Copy cat cases happen, but the main thing is guns in general are easier tools to kill with, a knife is a more personal spaced method of killing thus the mentality behind it takes a bit more of a tipping typically

Being able to point and shoot people quickly gives a sense of power and control a nothing can stop me in this moment rush

Where say a mass stabbing is slow, messy, physically personal, a lot of people who are mass shooters are cowards at the end of the day

nilbog

Movie Aficionado
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, in Minneapolis:

And Phoenix:

Last edited:

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Fuck is going on America?! Are they trying to keep some streak going?!

This is becoming absurd

jvm

Oct 27, 2017
Because I happen to be local enough to know...

Early this morning (5 June 2022): https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/05/us/chattanooga-tennessee-shooting/index.html

Late Saturday 1 week ago (28 May 2022): https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/29/us/chattanooga-tennessee-shooting/index.html

I passed the Representative for this region, Chuck Fleischmann, in the grocery store this morning. Per an agreement I have with my spouse, I refrained from asking him to please make sure my children can open carry in school to protect themselves. (sarcasm)

Edit:

Also, the signature summer event for downtown Chattanooga is currently going on...
www.riverbendfestival.com

Riverbend Festival | Chattanooga's Original Music Festival

Riverbend Festival, or Riverbend, named for the bend in the Tennessee River by locals, began in June of 1982 as a five-night festival in Chattanooga, Tennessee. It started as a way to come together downtown to celebrate the community we all share. After missing a year due to the pandemic, we will

Also, this headline made me chuckle, gallowsly, this morning:
"Chattanooga business leaders say they don't expect lasting impacts on local businesses after shootings"

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Fuck is going on America?! Are they trying to keep some streak going?!

This is becoming absurd

This is era and news reporting. It seems like there's a huge uptick in shootings but surprisingly 2022 is tracking below 2021 and 2020. However overall they have doubled in count over the past ten years.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Honestly, I don't get the "WHAT THE FUCK?!" responses at this point.

Maybe a few hundred of these shootings ago, that could have been a reasonably expected response, but now we're closer to, "Why, yes, of course there was a shooting in America. It's a day ending in 'y' today."

I look forward to a few really strongly-worded tweets, and absolutely nothing else being done.

usagi704

Oct 27, 2017
Another day in America, another mass shooting and yet again nothing will be done to curb this epidemic of gun violence.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe you guys should declare guns = abortions to get them banned instantly.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I feel as if its not a matter of if but rather a matter of when you or someone you know dies in a mass shooting.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Bro another one on the same day

I know statistically shootings go on every day but mass shootings I'm less sure of

Ensirius

Oct 26, 2017
I just have no more words.
I used to feel rage, anger, sadness...
Now it's just another day another mass shooting.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Also had the whole "Hey this has to be a double post about that other... no? Fuck!"-thing going on.

And what the fuck is the way forward, when a whole voting block thinks "Jesus, Guns, Babies!" is a valid basis for politics?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Is this like the 5th shooting just this week? What in the fuck?
Five mass shootings in a week is not unusual in America. That's the most fucked up this about all of this; this is the normal.

One of the ways that you saw the country going back to normal after lockdown is that people started shooting each other again.

MamaSpaghetti

Banned
Mar 17, 2022
I just... this year seems exceedingly bleak with how many mass shootings we have day after day after day. When will it ever end?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
So anywhere that's a public gathering space is being targeted it seems. Now I have to wonder if these recent shootings are connected