OP
OP
nilbog

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Live stream, sounds like they got one suspect.

Removed stream due to vlogger showing the deceased.

oc_

Oct 25, 2017
There's a video of someone at the front of the store calling the police (I think?) and you can see downed people in front of the store as well as inside. Then you hear a few gunshots and the video ends. Just a warning before anyone goes searching on twitter, etc.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Thanks OP, just pinged my friend.

EDIT: Turns out she is in a King Soopers right now - just not that one. Phew.

I don't want to freak anyone out, but something worth considering during these kind of incidents is when you try calling or texting a friend, their phone will make a noise revealing their location to shooters.

Also worth posting, before this thread gets out of hand:

BNCHoriginal_usethis.png

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
(quoted link removed)

At the beginning he is filming and says someone needs to call 911

like, uhhhhh, you're holding a thing that calls 911

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
Take the "multiple shooters" with a grain of salt. Nearly all of these incidents have that until poeple actually know whats going on.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018

EDIT - Next day edit - apparently not true, after the suspect's details have been released.

Last edited:

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
This is the King Soopers at Table Mesa and South Broadway, not far from the RTD bus station, for anyone familiar with the area. It's not far from NCAR and a mile and a half south of the CU Boulder campus. The neighborhood is a little more permanent year-round residents than it is student population.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Pretty much over it seems. But guy did see a suspect in handcuffs being walked out. Suspect: Middle-aged White dude.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Multiple shooters?

Damn. I hope everyone is going to be okay.

Wasn't there another major shooting event in Boulder relatively recently?

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, I hope they catch em.

While we have a definite problem, this seems like a stretch. What's their definition of a mass shooting?
I think it's defined as 3 or more people being shot. Those numbers don't shock me at all. There is A LOT of gun violence that doesn't get reported in the media.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017

While we have a definite problem, this seems like a stretch. What's their definition of a mass shooting?

here's their list with sources:

www.gunviolencearchive.org

Mass Shootings in 2021 | Gun Violence Archive

Gun Violence Archive (GVA) is a not for profit corporation formed in 2013 to provide free online public access to accurate information about gun-related violence in the United States. GVA will collect and check for accuracy, comprehensive information about gun-related violence in the U.S. and...

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018

Why are GVA Mass Shooting numbers higher than some other sources?

GVA uses a purely statistical threshold to define mass shooting based ONLY on the numeric value of 4 or more shot or killed, not including the shooter. GVA does not parse the definition to remove any subcategory of shooting. To that end we don't exclude, set apart, caveat, or differentiate victims based upon the circumstances in which they were shot.

GVA believes that equal importance is given to the counting of those injured as well as killed in a mass shooting incident.

The FBI does not define Mass Shooting in any form. They do define Mass Killing but that includes all forms of weapon, not just guns.

In that, the criteria are simple…if four or more people are shot or killed in a single incident, not involving the shooter, that incident is categorized as a mass shooting based purely on that numerical threshold.
I'm sure this number includes some incidents we might not normally consider a "mass shooting."

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Multiple shooters?

Damn. I hope everyone is going to be okay.

Wasn't there another major shooting event in Boulder relatively recently?

No, just a bunch of drunk kids and adults (because half the people arrested were 20-somethings that weren't students) who rioted. We're still dealing with tracking the rioters down.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Just filled with such immeasurable sadness and anger. How many more of our family, neighbors, and acquaintances need to be buried before any meaningful reform is to be had.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's defined as 3 or more people being shot. Those numbers don't shock me at all. There is A LOT of gun violence that doesn't get reported in the media.
here's their list with sources:

www.gunviolencearchive.org

Mass Shootings in 2021 | Gun Violence Archive

Gun Violence Archive (GVA) is a not for profit corporation formed in 2013 to provide free online public access to accurate information about gun-related violence in the United States. GVA will collect and check for accuracy, comprehensive information about gun-related violence in the U.S. and...

I'm sure this number includes some incidents we might not normally consider a "mass shooting."
Thanks yall!

Serpico99

Oct 29, 2017
NYC
Is he a sex addict? /s

This country will never learn. I'm just waiting until its my turn to try to run from an active shooter in this country.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Have a friend who shops there. She's safe thankfully. I've been to that store a few times myself.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Just as a reminder, this is not the one that's a little closer to campus (that's at Arapahoe and 30th across from East Campus), this is a little further south in the South Boulder neighborhood. A lot of my coworkers who live in town go there, though.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
In that live stream two cops had hold of a middle aged/old white guy and walked him past the camera with no cuffs on. Not sure if that was the suspect...

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
My sister-in-law lives nearby. I think she is doing grocery delivery only.

Stay safe guys, fuck guns.