• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

?

• 95-99

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • 90-94

Votes: 81 18.5%
  • 85-89

Votes: 239 54.4%
  • 80-84

Votes: 106 24.1%
  • 75-79

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • <75

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
I never played the dlc on the original, but would really like to. Picking this up on ps5 later this week with the remaster. Should I play the dlc first or dive right into Miles? Should I play the dlc on my ps4 pro first? I've already paid for it.

edit: punctuation

Oct 25, 2017
I never played the dlc on the original, but would really like to. Picking this up on ps5 later this week with the remaster. Should I play the dlc first or dive right into Miles? Should I play the dlc on my ps4 pro first? I've already paid for it.

edit: punctuation
Mmmm the dlc picks up right after the first game and even has alil miles stuff sprinkled in getting him started so worth it id say. Plus it'll help for Spider-Man 2 as well as there stuff in the dlc I'm 100% sure getting carried over to 2

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I just realized that the Spider-Drone in Miles Morales PS5 is pulled straight out of the MCU (like, 1:1).

Screen_Shot_2020-11-08_at_11.26.15_PM.png
https---hypebeast.com-image-2019-07-hot-toys-spider-man-far-from-home-spider-drone-release-001.jpg

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Whole city is christmas'd out? Because if so I'll make this my main swing game from here on out. Spider-Man 18 got way too many stealth and puzzles. With no carry over save I'm not going to want to do that all over again.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but:

I played and beat spider-man on PS4 but never played the DLC. If I get ultimate edition miles morales on PS5, would I be able to load my save data from spider-man PS4 and start right with the DLC? Or would I have to replay the entire game? Thx!

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
And what Bryan Intihar has been cooking too.
He was the lead on Spider-Man but he's not attached to Miles Morales nor Ratchet and Clank.
Got to be working hard on Spider-Man 2 full-on next gen !
Hoping you can seamlessly swap between Parker and Morales ala GTA5 but much quicker even across the city.

Story wise I hope they do the symbiotes. Let Spider-Man be infected in the prologue and be usable for the first couple of acts along with Morales. When it becomes clear Parker's methods become too aggressive and violent, Miles is forced to fight to stop him at the midway point. Symbiote infects Brock or whoever they decide to become Venom who becomes the main villain for the rest of the game. Tease carnage at the end.

Next will be a smaller size game starring Venom then the full blown Spider-Man 3 will be Parker, Morales, and Venom all usable to deal with Carnage and other symbiotes.

You're welcome Insomniac lol

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020

I played and beat spider-man on PS4 but never played the DLC. If I get ultimate edition miles morales on PS5, would I be able to load my save data from spider-man PS4 and start right with the DLC? Or would I have to replay the entire game? Thx!
Nope. You can transfer Miles Morales saves from PS4 to PS5, but not Spider-Man Remastered saves.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Hoping you can seamlessly swap between Parker and Morales ala GTA5 but much quicker even across the city.

Story wise I hope they do the symbiotes. Let Spider-Man be infected in the prologue and be usable for the first couple of acts along with Morales. When it becomes clear Parker's methods become too aggressive and violent, Miles is forced to fight to stop him at the midway point. Symbiote infects Brock or whoever they decide to become Venom who becomes the main villain for the rest of the game. Tease carnage at the end.

Next will be a smaller size game starring Venom then the full blown Spider-Man 3 will be Parker, Morales, and Venom all usable to deal with Carnage and other symbiotes.

I'd honestly rather have Gwen get her own game than Venom.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong...I can buy the $50 MM version on PS5 and still access Spiderman remastered through in-game menu for $20 extra?

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018

Just swap Venom with Gwen/Gwenom and I'm okay with it lol

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
in case anyone wants to see a review of the PS4 version, here you go

(it's a 9/10)

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

So to correct the other answer you got: it depends on what you mean by "start right with the DLC", I suppose. More specifically, if you intend to "start right" on launch day this week.

They don't support save transfer from original PS4 game -> Remastered on PS5 at launch, is the thing. However, there is a patch coming in (tentatively) 2-3 weeks that will add that. So if you're fine with waiting that long, you'll be able to transfer it then; note that you may still need access to the original PS4 game to export the save, depending on how it's implemented.

That being said, if you don't want to wait I think you can still play the DLC in Remastered without having to replay the game, but you might still have to play the intro of the game first and you might be without many upgrades due to how early you are? I went searching for specifics on that last part, but what I found wasn't very clear. It seems that you can switch to the DLC campaigns from the menu when you're out in the city, regardless of story progress, but it's not directly from the title screen menu or anything like that, and that's why you need to do the intro first.

I'm in the same situation and will be waiting till the patch to play it, as it'd save me $5 compared to just buying the DLC on PS4 and I do want my save to be there. It is kinda silly to wait that long and not have a non-Astro/Bugsnax PS5 game for that time, but... I have other stuff to play anyway, I can wait a little longer for Miles.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
So to correct the other answer you got: it depends on what you mean by "start right with the DLC", I suppose. More specifically, if you intend to "start right" on launch day this week.

They don't support save transfer from original PS4 game -> Remastered on PS5 at launch, is the thing. However, there is a patch coming in (tentatively) 2-3 weeks that will add that. So if you're fine with waiting that long, you'll be able to transfer it then; note that you may still need access to the original PS4 game to export the save, depending on how it's implemented.

That being said, if you don't want to wait I think you can still play the DLC in Remastered without having to replay the game, but you might still have to play the intro of the game first and you might be without many upgrades due to how early you are? I went searching for specifics on that last part, but what I found wasn't very clear. It seems that you can switch to the DLC campaigns from the menu when you're out in the city, regardless of story progress, but it's not directly from the title screen menu or anything like that, and that's why you need to do the intro first.

I'm in the same situation and will be waiting till the patch to play it, as it'd save me $5 compared to just buying the DLC on PS4 and I do want my save to be there. It is kinda silly to wait that long and not have a non-Astro/Bugsnax PS5 game for that time, but... I have other stuff to play anyway, I can wait a little longer for Miles.

thanks for the detailed info! I appreciate it. Maybe i'll just skip the DLC entirely and jump into Miles. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.