Zuly

Oct 26, 2017
Puerto Rico
Marvel game Materials/resources for whatever reason really suck, if only because the terminology for everything is either science mumbo jumbo or obscure references to shit from the marvel universe. This is was an issue in, at least, Marvel Strike Force, and I find it hard to remember the names of material cause it's like a half a dozen of them. It's also an issue in Avengers.
Yeah, I tried playing Contest of Champions and it suffers from this as well but at least the tier system there somewhat makes sense. Barely. I don't remember if this plagued older X-Men/Marvel RPGs.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
Is there a full list of which "heroes" (I don't know the term for this game) that will be available at least at launch?
The confirmed launch ones are:
Cap
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Black Widow
Ms. Marvel

People are starting to think there could be a surprise character being kept hidden who'll be in the launch game which is
Captain Marvel
but there's nothing definitive on that yet

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I tried playing Contest of Champions and it suffers from this as well but at least the tier system there somewhat makes sense. Barely. I don't remember if this plagued older X-Men/Marvel RPGs.

It's so weird how Marvel games of the past decade keep trying to make ISO-8 a thing. It's not interesting, Marvel. It's never been interesting.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel game Materials/resources for whatever reason really suck, if only because the terminology for everything is either science mumbo jumbo or obscure references to shit from the marvel universe. This is was an issue in, at least, Marvel Strike Force, and I find it hard to remember the names of material cause it's like a half a dozen of them. It's also an issue in Avengers.

iso-8 sucks shit and will always suck shit

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have good Kamala impressions? Them supporting launch with a Muslim character who isn't always cherished is why I'm interested in this.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
So... My quick thoughts on Avengers are here but I'll post them in here.

The game plays alright, but benefits from a controller kind of setting, I felt lost on a MKB. It has loot, it's basically something like PSO. Missions, no free roam, big maps though. It's like Destiny having only strikes.

The game runs like garbage on PC (i5 9th gen + 1660Ti combo), it needs to be toned down and it needs various options to be turned off to run "good" which... yeah, sometimes it fails, it loads to heavily to the point of stopping. Technically is not that optimized.

If they fix that for the final game, it can become a good looter game and great GAAS. As of now, PC has the short straw in this.

The other issue... The game feels like Ultimate Alliance, but with loot. And UA feels samey. Brawl, stay on spot, brawl, no big stuff. I feel weirded out. I like it, but I hope it's not the same all the game or it would be an "avoid".

Played for 2 hours on stream. Issues and all. I had to stop the stream due to the game crashing so hard I had to restart my PC.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All that being said though, I like the mechanics of the game. I do know someone mentioned the short missions that are only 4-5 min long but I think those are good for folks who arent looking for long play sessions or running dailies or what not. I wish there was a better indicator of which ones are which.

I also have concerns about improvements to characters after launch. It's not even so much the whole "only 6 characters available", but how are they going to update or iterate on characters as time moves on. This would impact longevity IMO, as the launch cast can't be "finished" in a sense. Will they get new skills and mechanics? And how often should we expect them? They don't have a big enough cast to leave them untouched after say, 12 months.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
All that being said though, I like the mechanics of the game. I do know someone mentioned the short missions that are only 4-5 min long but I think those are good for folks who arent looking for long play sessions or running dailies or what not. I wish there was a better indicator of which ones are which.

I also have concerns about improvements to characters after launch. It's not even so much the whole "only 6 characters available", but how are they going to update or iterate on characters as time moves on. This would impact longevity IMO, as the launch cast can't be "finished" in a sense. Will they get new skills and mechanics? And how often should we expect them? They don't have a big enough cast to leave them untouched after say, 12 months.

It does look like the skill trees keep going, and there's also very clearly a Secondary skill tab we don't have access to in the beta. There should be more room to expand the main 6.

Aska

Jan 11, 2020
Well, I've tried the beta and it's a clusterfuckery of microtransactions on top of microtransactions that you can buy with one of the eleven types of resources.

Not my thing.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

The missions have different icons that show what kind they are and the short ones are called "drop zones"

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
After watching a couple of streamers play this, it looks like hot fucking garbage. The PC port is awful, the gameplay looks insipid and clunky, and it does not look like a finished game.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

The shorter missions are Drop Zones, the longer mini-open-world missions are War Zones.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It does look like the skill trees keep going, and there's also very clearly a Secondary skill tab we don't have access to in the beta. There should be more room to expand the main 6.
Not sure about the skill trees expanding but there are two more skill trees in the full game.

One tree is all about your heroic attacks and the other one is all about changing how your attacks and such work. An example we saw was Thor creating lightning explosions when he throws Mjolnir but losing the ability to pin people

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
she feels great to play - her powerset is reflective of the character and satisfying to use even at my low levels. i imagine she only gets better as more things unlock.
As someone who wasn't particularly intrested in playing her, she's actually really fun and quite good.
I like her quite a bit. Her and widow are my favorites so far

Nice. :) Def looking forward to trying it out. Looking for a website with all the costumes too. They should really make a south Asian outfit for her.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Won´t say anything new about the game itself other than it is just not my thing and very boring.

but the thing that got my blood boiling is the fact that there is no setting for the really obnoxious motion blur on the PS4Pro.

this coupled with the dynamic resolution which kicks in often and extremely blurry menus with a smallish font leads to a game that makes my eyes hurt and i say this as someone wearing glasses.

on top of that the screen is shaking like a rollercoaster. wtf were they thinking? this game is definitely a contender for the visual noise award 2020.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have good Kamala impressions? Them supporting launch with a Muslim character who isn't always cherished is why I'm interested in this.

Cool character (her book is AMAZING), but she gets awesome in game after upgrading her polymorph tree. Her counter + whirlwind attack are CRUCIAL. Once I remembered I had the intrinsic meter with her and started using it all the time I had a lot of fun.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Everytime I watch someone's combo video I feel like crap lol. Just got Widow to level 15 and really had fun with her but no way am I pulling off crazy combos.

Maybe next weekend I'll focus on Ms Marvel since I've put in a decent amount of time on IM and BW.

*You guys think Cap will be using a grappling hook to get around too?

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
This is one heavy ass game.

I can hit 60fps at 1080p High, with the res scaling enabled. Without scaling, framerate stays in the mid 40's to low 50's, but the drop in IQ is kind of nasty. It's even using all 8GB's of vram.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Everytime I watch someone's combo video I feel like crap lol. Just got Widow to level 15 and really had fun with her but no way am I pulling off crazy combos.

Maybe next weekend I'll focus on Ms Marvel since I've put in a decent amount of time on IM and BW.

I am curious about this too. I suspect they might give Cap a silly double jump? Lol

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018

maybe a grappling hook but i'm thinking he's just going to have a high jump and like maybe a wall jump

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
just tried it again for a while. Can't do it. The excessive screen shake mixed with the blur makes me want to vomit.

Hope the game gets options to completely disable both.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
This is one heavy ass game.

I can hit 60fps at 1080p High, with the res scaling enabled. Without scaling, framerate stays in the mid 40's to low 50's, but the drop in IQ is kind of nasty. It's even using all 8GB's of vram.

Nixxes seems to have taken approach of "PC's can just throw power at it and brute force it" with this port.

I so hope this build it months old and not month old.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Cool character (her book is AMAZING), but she gets awesome in game after upgrading her polymorph tree. Her counter + whirlwind attack are CRUCIAL. Once I remembered I had the intrinsic meter with her and started using it all the time I had a lot of fun.

Book? If you mean her comics, yes!

Are there roles in this game like tank/DPS/healer? If so what is she?

Racketpunch

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got to play the game on both the base PS4 and on my PC. My rig is nowhere near high end, AMD 3500 w/ 1060 6GB, and it didn't seem to perform that much better. At least not enough to bypass the Spidey exclusive so PS4 it is.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
finally got around to playing the beta on PC... this game is not good lol.. it needs a lot of work in the optimisation department as well (2080 TI here)

seems like it will be another rushed release

Oct 27, 2017
Won´t say anything new about the game itself other than it is just not my thing and very boring.

but the thing that got my blood boiling is the fact that there is no setting for the really obnoxious motion blur on the PS4Pro.

this coupled with the dynamic resolution which kicks in often and extremely blurry menus with a smallish font leads to a game that makes my eyes hurt and i say this as someone wearing glasses.

on top of that the screen is shaking like a rollercoaster. wtf were they thinking? this game is definitely a contender for the visual noise award 2020.
Seriously, all the crazy motion blur, screen shake and horrible looking unintelligible particle effects clearly have an impact on performance as well. i just don't understand who thought it was a good idea to fill the screen with so much crap that it not only looks terrible, it tanks the performance. And I honestly enjoy the gameplay. It's so crazy how much better optimized the San Francisco portion is when it is the clearest and most visually pleasing as well... sad to say this game is going to be the anthem. So much wasted potential.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
More maddening than people not readying up is all of the people on the subreddit and Discord saying "Oh it's okay, Quickplay/Quickmatch are in release, this won't be a problem."

Motherfuckers why are you taking it for granted it'll work when it's not part of the beta. Let me play the game dammit.