vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So a collection of themes from Senran Kagura called the Four Seasons Valentine's version were released on the Japanese PS store yesterday. There are two different sets with two different images labelled "Face close-up" and "Breast close-up". It appears that they've been altered in order to meet Sony's regulations and to be sold on the PlayStation Store; Japanese fans weren't too happy about this. I'd post reactions but you can find a bunch on Twitter.

The images:
Before:

Dzb43UuVsAAJKII.jpg

Dzb433OUcAAMrF7.jpg

After:

Dzb44WRV4AAaZux.jpg

Dzb4441U8AAotjc.jpg

This isn't the only theme that's been altered however as a special Taiyaki PS4 theme was also altered to meet standards.

Before:

fYZCOPl.jpg

After:

xAegjfh.jpg

Thoughts? Personally I think it's fair game that Marvelous alter these if they want to sell them on Sony's store. After all, there's nothing stopping people from making custom themes from the source images available on the internet.

Last edited:

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
They've been altered from where? Were these themes released on the PS Store untouched originally, and were then edited, or are they from some other source material and edited for the PS Store?

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
With sony's new censor policy I get most of this. But is the naval sexual? What am I missing here?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
They've been altered from where? Were these themes released on the PS Store untouched originally, and were then edited, or are they from some other source material and edited for the PS Store?
The latter. These images are from Valentine's Day 2018 turned into a PS4 theme for 2019.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
lmaoooo they look even worse now, especially that second one.

I'm gonna assume the people who download these don't show their PS4 to many people and more power to them.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The latter. These images are from Valentine's Day 2018 turned into a PS4 theme for 2019.
I see, thanks. Was wondering if themes could even be edited by them like that once on the market.

In that case, it's whatever. If people want themes of scantily clad anime girls, I guess there are alternatives...? At the same time, I don't really see the point of this sunlight censorship when I wouldn't say that it makes the images any "better."

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
lmao gg Sony

personally I can admit that gratuitous T&A can get pretty obnoxious in games but hey if people want some provocative wallpapers for their computers/consoles/what-have-you who am I to judge, it's their machines - more power to 'em

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing strikes fear in people more than anime tiddy it seems.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad those unholy belly buttons have been covered up.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Do we actually know what Sony's new regulations are yet? Feels very inconsistent and I'm convinced games showing bellybuttons and bikinis have been released recently so why is this "censored"?

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell does Sony allow any kind of sexual objectification of underage girls in the first place?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I find this to be so pointless. Like throwing some light shafts or cloak or wave over some of their bits doesn't really make any of this better. Like at all. It's still super creepy, super pervy shit.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Oh they aren't even trying with the second one with the water lol.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The last one I get but there really wasn't anything that explicitly raunchy for the first two images. Why censor the belly button even.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Do we actually know what Sony's new regulations are yet? Feels very inconsistent and I'm convinced games showing bellybuttons and bikinis have been released recently so why is this "censored"?
We don't know, even characters of legal age, like college students, are still getting hit with the censor hammer.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I mean, the artwork is pretty terrible and clearly objectifies women but there is also no real consistency here. What makes some of the costumes in Street Fighter V okay but these wallpaper aren't?