Status
Not open for further replies.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There is Mundas, but idk. I feel only the dmc heads would appreciate him.

Infinite having Ultron-Sigma was a really cool idea, even though it still felt more Ultron than Sigma.

Could go the opposite direction and do a smaller scale big bad. The Maker would be fun.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
All excellent suggestions.

I agree somewhat because there is more Marvel boss representation than Capcom in the Marvel Vs series overall.

Maybe something like Gongen Wyzen from Asura's Wrath. Although a Giant Finger boss might be a bit TOO close to Master Hand from Smash for fighting game boss representation.
If you do Arishem, you could have Ikaris as a mid-level boss before you get to the big bad.

thatJohann

Nov 17, 2020
It's so weird that this has no release date. Whatever marketing move they're pulling by withholding the release date is annoying me.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Threw the idea out there early but got my thoughts a little clearer on the idea so here
If there's a new MVC, what would be hilarious for the story is Dr Doom kicking it off by stealing Pyron's cosmic power(Doom's fave hobby for those that don't know), everyone thinking defeating him will save the day, only for Pyron to get powered up after being restored, being pissed and becoming the final boss

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
DfQ9sSYl.png

Got the collection artwork printed on my stick. Can't wait for the release!

That looks so good! I need to print that for my Snack Box Micro at some point.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

Infinite having Ultron-Sigma was a really cool idea, even though it still felt more Ultron than Sigma.

Could go the opposite direction and do a smaller scale big bad. The Maker would be fun.

Is there another decent pairing of Marvel and Capcom villains that could feasibly merge in a similar way? Maybe Mundus plus one of the Capcom devil villains?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Is there another decent pairing of Marvel and Capcom villains that could feasibly merge in a similar way? Maybe Mundus plus one of the Capcom devil villains?
I've mentioned this before and not exactly a merge but you could use Pyron for both a pissed off boosted cosmic being story and lead with a classic Doom steals power from a Cosmic being for fun story.

You could have Orochi from Okami try to take over Fin Fang Foom or Devil dinosaur

Blue_Toad507

May 25, 2021
Myria would make for an excellent final boss. Plus, if Capcom isn't going to make a Breath of Fire rep playable, they can at least do the next best thing and add a boss.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
How bout the Masters of Evil, but they've recruited some Capcom villains. They've gotten something that boosts them and are trying to make a deal with Pyron but it turns out he's working for Mephisto XD

I would think Kang would be the final boss esp with the avengers movies bringing that arc to the mcu
He always, always sucks at combat tho.

vio55555

Apr 11, 2024
It's so weird that this has no release date. Whatever marketing move they're pulling by withholding the release date is annoying me.
As others are saying, this is about likely trying to make a big splash at Evo.

this is a retro collection. a retro collection is something you market to the core audience and let their word of mouth bring new players in. Capcom and Marvel aren't expecting this to sell 10 million copies lifetime. if it sells a million out of the gate it's a smash hit for what it is.

this is absolutely a situation where you prioritize the FGC. you wouldn't for MvC4, a brand new game, but you would for an MvC Collection.

and if it shadow drops at Evo, it would be announced on Finals day like most Evo announcements.
Yeah I agree with all of this; this collection will probably target 1.5-2 million sales lifetime so it's all about getting it in front of the core FGC as much as possible.

That's the whole audience (FGC + friends) for this. An Evo shadowdrop is a fine idea for a collection that you're not expecting to need build up.

Last edited:

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

I would agree, though the final form of Ultron-Sigma (Omega) was very much more in Sigma's wheel house than the former.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. That works pretty well for a stick, but not so much for a leverless, sadly. I was going to try doing it for one, but the left buttons cover up too many of the characters to make it worth it.

Yeah, I was initially gonna do it on my Hitbox but didn't for that reason. Plus I still use stick for older games including Marvel so it worked out better anyway.

Dec 23, 2017
I got to play MvC2 earlier today for the first time in like, 25 years. Hmm, I wasn't really feeling it? I'm not sure how to explain.

I've never played a wave dasher before. How important is wave dashing? I don't think I'm fond of the play style.

Mar 12, 2024

I'd appreciate Astaroth and some demonic Marvel entity teaming up.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if a story mode will return for MVC4.

Maybe they do what they did for SF6?

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Just getting proper arcade mode endings for everyone again almost feels like a pipe dream. Maybe Capcom just throws all caution to the wind and has two sets of motion comics for a story mode to represent the two sides.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
they need to avoid doing an involved story mode unless they hire an actual comic writer to write it, which they absolutely could (but won't).

They did hire a comic writer for 3, Frank Tieri, for all the in game/winning dialogue. You could sorta tell too, cuz there was some deep Marvel references but the Capcom ones were pretty surface level.

Now whether capcom would hire one to write its story, nah you're right. They probably won't.

I would agree, though the final form of Ultron-Sigma (Omega) was very much more in Sigma's wheel house than the former.

yeah, this was sick.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
I still remember all of the talk about a potential Story Mode for MVC3 during pre-release. I can even recall Niitsuma and Seth alluding to one. I wonder if it was a thing that ended up getting canceled.

There's also this:

View: https://twitter.com/FrankTieri/status/1320096276726284294?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1320096276726284294%7Ctwgr%5E0e43beaec13c9502aa35278282442c981c53b2ad%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2F16upguz%2F%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

Man, I wish we lived in a timeline where this stuff became a reality.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I still remember all of the talk about a potential Story Mode for MVC3 during pre-release. I can even recall Niitsuma and Seth alluding to one. I wonder if it was a thing that ended up getting canceled.

There's also this:

View: https://twitter.com/FrankTieri/status/1320096276726284294?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1320096276726284294%7Ctwgr%5E0e43beaec13c9502aa35278282442c981c53b2ad%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2F16upguz%2F%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

I could have had animated Wesker?

vince-mcmahon-crying.gif

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

There's also this:

damn. would be dope if New Marvel and New Capcom could actually agree to make something like this happen

erraticstatic

Jan 22, 2022

There's also this:

It could be hearsay/speculation, but I remember reading that the story mode cinematics basically just became the animated trailers for vanilla MvC3.

I'm honestly shocked that Marvel and Udon haven't collaborated to do a mini-series or graphic novel based off of one of the entries. Especially when there's a lot of former Udon talent currently working at Marvel, like Jim Zub. I'm sure there's some Capcom nerd that'd be willing to play with both universes there.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
It could be hearsay/speculation, but I remember reading that the story mode cinematics basically just became the animated trailers for vanilla MvC3.

I'm honestly shocked that Marvel and Udon haven't collaborated to do a mini-series or graphic novel based off of one of the entries. Especially when there's a lot of former Udon talent currently working at Marvel, like Jim Zub. I'm sure there's some Capcom nerd that'd be willing to play with both universes there.

does Udon have exclusive rights to Capcom comics?

erraticstatic

Jan 22, 2022
does Udon have exclusive rights to Capcom comics?
I don't know if they necessarily have exclusive rights to Capcom comics, but they do have the license/a working relationship with them.

They released new Darkstalkers comics, released the official prologue of SF6 and subsequent stories, and have stuff like the swimsuit specials for Street Fighter. They're also releasing a Final Fight mini series.

I imagine there's some major connective tissue between the two companies at the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.